Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Italy is a nation of fail sons still living with their parents into their 40's, they'll be crushed by our mad lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
I don't know which is funnier to me, the fact that the English actually seem to think they have deserved playing the finals based on their performance, or the fact that they actually seem to think they have more than 0.1% chance of beating Italy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The entire English team will be having group sex together and they’ll all catch COVID

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Italy is a nation of fail sons still living with their parents into their 40's, they'll be crushed by our mad lads

yeah, well, we love our mommas

vsss

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

cgfreak posted:

I don't know which is funnier to me, the fact that the English actually seem to think they have deserved playing the finals based on their performance, or the fact that they actually seem to think they have more than 0.1% chance of beating Italy.

I think we deserve to play in the final based on the final score of each of our matches OP

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

cgfreak posted:

The funniest thing is actually the baffling, bitter posts like this you loving gimp

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Does beating Germany not count anymore? I can understand beating a half dead Ukraine not meaning much

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Vintersorg posted:

yeah, well, we love our mommas

vsss

a true mammoni post

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

track day bro! posted:

Does beating Germany not count anymore? I can understand beating a half dead Ukraine not meaning much

Actually all the teams England have beaten are ringers brought in by Boris and sanctioned by UEFA cos he rambled a disapproval about the super league

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

cgfreak posted:

You're the sort that wants the stupid tiny car to be replaced with a stupid tiny vespa aren't you? Well it's not going to happen. Not in Ingerland boyo.

edit: per the O level boffins

the popes toes fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 8, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the popes toes posted:

You're the sort that wants the stupid tiny car be replaced with a stupid tiny vespa aren't you? Well it's not going to happen. Not in Ingerland boyo.

Im trying to parse this post but im not having much luck

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
England's aggregate score in the knockout rounds was 8-1 but yeah they "played poorly".

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I think we deserve to play in the final based on the final score of each of our matches OP

:thunk: the math(s) checks out. :eng101:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Im trying to parse this post but im not having much luck

Put a "to" after "car".

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Put a "to" after "car".

car to

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:hmmyes:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

TheRat posted:

Most of England's games they've set up to completely kill off any spicy in the game and it's been incredibly boring to watch as a neutral. Yesterday was pretty decent I suppose.

They're not there to provide you with a spicy game, they're there to win. They would ideally avoid a spicy game.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Most of England's games they've set up to completely kill off any spicy in the game and it's been incredibly boring to watch as a neutral. Yesterday was pretty decent I suppose.

Portugal, Spain and Greece didn't set the world alight either when they won their euros

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TheRat posted:

Yesterday, it was Denmark hunkering down the park-a-bus for breakaways. Which was realistic on their part. England were pretty aggressive. Of course, a final is a final, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were balls to the walls (or nets) for a goodly portion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

England's aggregate score in the knockout rounds was 8-1 but yeah they "played poorly".

Couldn’t even break double digits. Just some amateur stuff.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

We All Love England

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 8, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Mambold posted:

Yesterday, it was Denmark hunkering down the park-a-bus for breakaways. Which was realistic on their part. England were pretty aggressive. Of course, a final is a final, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were balls to the walls (or nets) for a goodly portion.

England woulda scored 3 or 4 if Schmeichel wasn't one of the top keepers in the world

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

We All Love England

We do op

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Sandwolf posted:

We All Love England

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

We All Love England

:hmmyes:

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

who do you think played better?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

England lads taking someone’s post and making it their own they truly are fans

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EC10 posted:

who do you think played better?

I was commenting from the "played more interesting/better football" rather than "did what they needed to win", and from that perspetive like half the teams in the tournament at least.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I love how Americans have absolutely no concept of tournament football despite their own idiotic sports being decided by knocks outs every year

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Rarity posted:

England woulda scored 3 or 4 if Schmeichel wasn't one of the top keepers in the world

This is very true and has been discussed less than I thought it would be. He pulled off some really good saves, had more of the ball than most of the Denmark team.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

TheRat posted:

I was commenting from the "played more interesting/better football" rather than "did what they needed to win", and from that perspetive like half the teams in the tournament at least.

i suppose France did play more interesting football in a match where granit loving xhaka was MOTM and switzerland scored 3 goals but i dont think you can argue thats better than not conceding goals in a knockout tournament

Spain played the spanish version of england's game

genuinely don't know who else it could be argued played 'better' football

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rarity posted:

For Schmeichel it was Tuesday. he let Kane's pen get away

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

England's lads truly are the best fans

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EC10 posted:

genuinely don't know who else it could be argued played 'better' football

England have been the Greece of the tournament. They might end up winning - and in the end that's what matters - but by god it's been awful to watch as a neutral.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Flayer posted:

I love how Americans have absolutely no concept of tournament football despite their own idiotic sports being decided by knocks outs every year

it turns out you need to win in knockout tournaments

other teams would have wanted to not lose

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I did not say this!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheRat posted:

Love 2 play 'interesting' football while shipping 3 goals through my leaky defence and going out in the round of 16, that's the true mark of a champion

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

TheRat posted:

England have been the Greece of the tournament. They might end up winning - and in the end that's what matters - but by god it's been awful to watch as a neutral.

6 goal 3-3's are better to watch than a 1-0 yes can't argue with that

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

Lmao if you actually believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Well the final is official now. It’s Kuipers, and van Boekel got demoted from VAR to AVAR1, so UEFA was not happy about something to do with VAR yesterday. Whether it was not sending down the Kane penalty shout or not sending down the Sterling penalty given for a second look, Kuipers is going to be working with a new VAR in this game because of something that wasn’t even a mistake. UEFA backed themselves into a corner with dumb assignments and had to cave to pressure here.

Carlos del Cerro Grande from Spain is the 4th official. Sure?