Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CyberPingu posted:

Lmao if you actually believe this

I think the Scots have fapped off to their 0-0 draw they've not had time to watch any of our other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

England have been the Greece of the tournament. They might end up winning - and in the end that's what matters - but by god it's been awful to watch as a neutral.

This is just absolute horseshit. The group games were kind of stodgy but all three of England's knockout games have been entertaining.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TheRat posted:

England have been the Greece of the tournament.

Goddamn that's harsh.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

peanut- posted:

This is just absolute horseshit. The group games were kind of stodgy but all three of England's knockout games have been entertaining.

The germany game was absolutely dire for the first 60-70 minutes. The ukraine and denmark games were pretty good. The group stage was torture.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

TheRat posted:

The germany game was absolutely dire for the first 60-70 minutes. The ukraine and denmark games were pretty good. The group stage was torture.

Surely your excitement meter was moved by Switz v France?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the popes toes posted:

Surely your excitement meter was moved by Switz v France?

Switz v France was loving amazing

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
i think we can all agree that pogba scoring a banger and then doing a little dance before giving away the ball in the 90th minute which directly led to letting a 3-1 lead slip was more entertaining than england and italy have been

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TBH opening matches tend to be shite and only the Scotland match had me fully regressed to "league football fan that thinks internationals should be scrubbed forever"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EC10 posted:

i think we can all agree that pogba scoring a banger and then doing a little dance before giving away the ball in the 90th minute which directly led to letting a 3-1 lead slip was more entertaining than england and italy have been

Who wants a Euros trophy when you could have a bunch of people on Twitter saying 'they deserved to make it to the quarter-finals'?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
⚽️➡️🏠

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

TheRat posted:

England have been the Greece of the tournament. They might end up winning - and in the end that's what matters - but by god it's been awful to watch as a neutral.

A truly laughable take. Do you watch football usually out of interest?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
lmao since when did "entertaining" (as decided by american muppets used to sports having 50 scores a game) become a metric for success

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Play tight, balanced, controlled football in an effort to win the tournament? Nah get Grealish, Saka, Sancho, Sterling, Bellingham, Kane, and DCL on all at the same time. What do you mean that'll make us lose terribly? That's fine, as long as it's spicy for the people who don't actually care, that's what really matters

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jakabite posted:

Do you watch football usually out of interest?

More than anyone ever should.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Jakabite posted:

get Grealish, Saka, Sancho, Sterling, Bellingham, Kane, and DCL on all at the same time.

okay but hear me out, this would be fun to watch and

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

They might end up winning - and in the end that's what matters

Jakabite posted:

as long as it's spicy for the people who don't actually care, that's what really matters

:thunk:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
just take away kane's laser pointer and italy has this one in the bag

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I can't believe Southgate is getting a knighthood for playing the most boring football scientifically possible with a squad that has Foden, Sancho, Mount, Grealish, Sterling, Rashford and Saka. England have never been so stacked and so uninteresting to watch. Usually my 2nd team because of their hilarious knockout tragedies, but this time I sure hope It's Coming Rome

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jakabite posted:

A truly laughable take. Do you watch football usually out of interest?

usually spends most of their time posting utter bollocks about pooshited

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Mash posted:

I can't believe Southgate is getting a knighthood for playing the most boring football scientifically possible with a squad that has Foden, Sancho, Mount, Grealish, Sterling, Rashford and Saka. England have never been so stacked and so uninteresting to watch. Usually my 2nd team because of their hilarious knockout tragedies, but this time I sure hope It's Coming Rome

Here comes some pasty liver spotted bald gently caress to call you American

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Sandwolf posted:

Here comes some pasty liver spotted bald gently caress to call you American

I thought you would be standing up for the anti-english

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The Mash posted:

wait aren't you the other loving terrible danish pooshited fan

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

track day bro! posted:

wait aren't you the other loving terrible danish pooshited fan

Yeah big time. I also have the rona currently, if you want something else to make fun of me for!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i'm not going to lie both you and the rat were why I stopped reading the epl threads for a while. both of you chat complete and utter poo poo half the time it was insufferable

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Don't really understand this England Are Boring thing, not after the knockout games.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CyberPingu posted:

I thought you would be standing up for the anti-english

the pattern has actually been kneeling for the anti-english

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphex- posted:

Don't really understand this England Are Boring thing, not after the knockout games.

Got to stick to the narrative so you can maintain moral superiority

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

track day bro! posted:

i'm not going to lie both you and the rat were why I stopped reading the epl threads for a while. both of you chat complete and utter poo poo half the time it was insufferable

Happy to have been of service.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Sandwolf posted:

the pattern has actually been kneeling for the anti-english

I know this is a wind up but still.... :ironicat:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Lol. I think it's been 5 years since I've posted with any regularity. Student life made shitposting a lot easier

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Happy to have been of service.

to be fair it was just as bad when liverpool were winning the title as the thread became 99% liverpool chat so it's just a thing i guess

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Mash posted:

Lol. I think it's been 5 years since I've posted with any regularity. Student life made shitposting a lot easier

I recently started posting again after like 4-5 years off because the place was completely unreadable for the longest time.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Gregg era was a very dark timeline

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Aphex- posted:

Me neither - though I'll say that it was pretty dodgy in the group stage - it does seem like the team is about to reach peak form just in time for the final which should worry the Romans somewhat.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Good to see people still being patriotic and proud of our country today

Oh...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeppe_Kofod#Sex_scandal_with_a_minor

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

The Gregg era was a very dark timeline

greg is bald

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

So say we all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hK9pDh4nbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

track day bro! posted:

to be fair it was just as bad when liverpool were winning the title as the thread became 99% liverpool chat so it's just a thing i guess

The dark truth is that every single football fan is unbearable if their team wins a single game