Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you still use VGA in any capacity?
At work, frequently
At work, infrequently
At home, frequently
At home, unfrequently
No lol
View Results

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Raluek posted:

yes, for classic computers, as well as for nominally headless boxes that occasionally need a local display

no for daily use

:same:

actually set up my risc-v box using VGA because I couldn’t be bothered to dig out one of many DVI cables I have

also the NEC MultiSync LCD1990SX is one of the best monitors for retro stuff, syncs to almost anything and can give a really sharp display with a 1:1 centered image up to 1280×1024

considered getting one of the 20in models (2090UX or whatever) since some hardware like my SGIs can handle 1600×1200

heck, with an ECL to RS-170 adapter, my Sun-3/60 could drive that in monochrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

r u ready to WALK posted:

I have never seen a smart board being used, ever

at this point i'm starting to believe they were a non-functional hoax product

I did some consulting at NEC America in the mid-late 1990s; theirs was the first office I’d seen with Aaron chairs, and they actually used a smart board (NEC of course) during meetings

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

BNC monitor cabling is way cooler than VGA

oh your video can go over that single cable with little wires in it?

that’s cute, mine’s so powerful it needs honkin thick metal tubes

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

I mostly use VGA through adapters

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

usually BNC, 13W3, 3W3, or DA15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

I have a couple of nice 21in SGI Trinitron monitors with 13W3 on the back

glorious