Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you still use VGA in any capacity?
At work, frequently
At work, infrequently
At home, frequently
At home, unfrequently
No lol
View Results

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes. physical server consoles are still vga, so for the once in a blue moon something can't be done remotely/via idrac, i still need vga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

r u ready to WALK posted:

I have never seen a smart board being used, ever

at this point i'm starting to believe they were a non-functional hoax product

a client of mine moved in to a new office that was originally intended to be a shared office space and it came with them in two conference rooms and the president's office. they got increasingly mad as they discovered that they are absolutely terrible for everything and i had to explain that no there was nothing they could do about it, they just suck.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

At work the lovely lenovo monitors are all connected to docking stations with VGA cables despite the docks and monitors both having displayport. I find it incredibly aggravating.

do you work for the government?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hello ben

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

viewsonic's transition from crts to lcds was underwhelming

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk. dell makes some decent monitors as long as you don't go cheap. lg makes some reasonably priced 4k stuff with good features.

i just have a tv for a monitor though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i saw some crts used for part of a video installation at the AGO yesterday. they were like 3' by 4' and the picture on them was absolutely incredible.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i had an rs/6000 f80 cube like that. i just left a vt220 connected to it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

IT bills a department a fixed amount per user/computer for support/maintenance. if one person signs into a computer other than the one they're assigned they're billed for using two of them even though one is a shared resource because whoever implemented the system was an idiot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

never

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i have no idea. it's an art gallery, they don't like you trying to pick stuff up, as a rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apparently they refurb stuff at times, but the ones i saw last month aren't in the article image. it was their warhol exhibition and the monitors were all the same and had the look of purpose built pro video gear, so idk if they're just for the warhol exhibit or what.

i'm tempted to go back to see if i can get a better look at them

e: found it! they had a bunch of these

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 30, 2021