Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you still use VGA in any capacity?
At work, frequently
At work, infrequently
At home, frequently
At home, unfrequently
No lol
View Results

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The Management posted:

VGA looks terrible on LCD monitors. it also looks very bad on large CRTs unless you have a high refresh rate.

looks fine to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I have never seen a smart board being used, ever

at this point i'm starting to believe they were a non-functional hoax product

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

my main issue with VGA for projectors is that people would always complain about missing colors in their presentations after they hulk smashed the plug against an edge and bent one or more pins flat inside

it's not a flimsy connector it's just not idiot proof

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

keeping cats warm

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i hate CRT hoarders

i were supposed to hoard those displays you jerks

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

it sucks that the industry decided LCDs should just stretch out and throw a bilinear filter on everything instead of giving us control over simulated scanlines, forced integer scaling, overscan/underscan etc

but at least you can do it with external scalers nowadays