Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I did a Trumo back in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

But mostly I like finding little builds around the internet and trying to recreate them:

(the big froggos I came up with using a lego builder program)

Badass little xenomorph

Dalek

That one dude from RoboCop

All muh frawgs

(bottom right one is a build I came up with when I was like 8, always loved it)

Cool little turtle. Figuring out how the hell they got the shell on there was fun

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

blacktron 4 lyfe I had every set of theirs

what did blacktron ever do to deserve intergalactic persecution :(

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 08:55 on Jul 10, 2021

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Dr. Killjoy posted:

is it ethical to have a kid so that i make once again pursue my childhood lego fascination without looking like a cringe adult?

having the kid would also be cool i guess

do what i did and just dont tell anyone about it. before i moved i had a nice little city started.

its always funny looking at other peoples cities and seeing like 9 police stations. lego is funny because the only jobs are cop, firefighter, cargo transport, off road/race enthusiast and bank robber.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Badass little xenomorph

whoa haha nice

also here's something I found

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Ardennes posted:

So what was the most communist faction of 1990s space legos? Provide citations

Magnetron. Workers who wear red and were hassled by the Space Police alongside Blacktron.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Lego mind storms made me like robots and therefore turned me gay

Thank u legos

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Ardennes posted:

gunna work on this, will also do one for the underwater factions

Xaris posted:

these are some drat good legos, i had all these except the last one
this was my favorite but lmao @ space police now

acab

good cops:

guillotine the lords:

i want those pirate ship legos so bad but they are so expensive now. my GF loves lego skeletons so the pirate and castle legos are right up her alley, unfortunately those are also very expensive usually. for some reason the aquazone (underwater theme) stuff is much cheaper for ??? reasons.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

don't die cspam lego thread. I'm, like, 2 bricklink orders and a lightbox away from needing you

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

iv been busy but im still workin on the ideologies of the lego factions

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I had space police, the magnet ones that were red (forget the name), also a couple pirate ships - black sea barricuda and caribbean clipper. had the monorail. bunch of other stuff but that's what I remember

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
classic early 90s legos were great and so were all the little sales magazines they included. I never had th classic spaceman or Robin hood sets but I greatly enjoyed looking at the pictures.

nowadays I mostly buy expensive Technic sets, build them once, then never touch them again

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

actionjackson posted:

I had space police, the magnet ones that were red (forget the name), also a couple pirate ships - black sea barricuda and caribbean clipper. had the monorail. bunch of other stuff but that's what I remember

im so loving jealous

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

actionjackson posted:

aw yeah I had those ships too. Poor clipper got dunked on and the crew put to the sword many times.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

sullat posted:

aw yeah I had those ships too. Poor clipper got dunked on and the crew put to the sword many times.

i remember the box saying they could float, and i put them in the tub and they did not float

for the monorail I think it was this one, it was not the space one. not sure though, I definitely had a decent sized track.

https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/6399_Airport_Shuttle

edit: the magnet one was called m:tron https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/M-Tron

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Jul 21, 2021

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

actionjackson posted:

i remember the box saying they could float, and i put them in the tub and they did not float

hmm, I don't remember that. I did have some container cargo ships that did float though, the hull was one piece of plastic so it was water-tight.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Fleetwood posted:

whoa haha nice

also here's something I found

what does someone do with this?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr. Killjoy posted:

is it ethical to have a kid so that i make once again pursue my childhood lego fascination without looking like a cringe adult?

having the kid would also be cool i guess

Just order lego sets online like every other adult.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CODChimera posted:

Line them up in a combat pose and then throw black cat firecrackers at them if my childhood is anything to go by.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
build the set, leave it alone for a couple days, then strip it for parts to make ur own epic space ships and bases. use ur imagination dummy :cmon:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

CODChimera posted:

the possibilities are limitless! I should have checked if there's any Red Army platoons, that'd be cool, or Yugoslavian partisans

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Line them up in a combat pose and then throw black cat firecrackers at them if my childhood is anything to go by.

I never had Legos as a kid but this made me remember that I used to feed GI Joes to my Rancor that had a hinged jaw, good times

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

build the set, leave it alone for a couple days, then strip it for parts to make ur own epic space ships and bases. use ur imagination dummy :cmon:

Exactly

Now; to fulfill the first part of my promise wrt lego political ideology and conflicts

Exploriens

Originally the first human faction in the Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy the Exploriens were dispatched from the Milky Way to as the name implies; explore and map the dying galaxy orbiting our home. The first wave of science ships was a relatively minor commitment from the Central Explorien Command as most the organizations resources were being dedicated to the exploration of the Magellanic Cloud (and of course eventually andromeda!). At 1:52 am Eastern Earth Standard Time Engineer Second Class Casey Renderrite made contact with a structure of unknown origin located on a moon orbiting a gas giant in the 5th solar system on their list of mapping targets. Explorator Ship Gagarin's Vindication, the last of the first wave of ships, had only just arrived at it's first mapping target when the curious second class engineer set off what would become the largest space colonization gold rush since the invention of reliable cross-galactic travel. Overwhelmed by the potential possibilities of advanced alien tech at a time when Explorien Command was torn between dozens of different exploration efforts which it couldn't afford to break it's commitments too other human factions were quick to jump on the opportunity. The technocratic moralist scientists who'd dedicated their lives to the cause of the advancement of science for the good of all mankind could do nothing as some of the milky ways worst colonized the galaxy for their own vile ends. Every religious cult, every libertarian whacko, every societal discontent found it their purpose to make the journey to Canis Major. Of course, the Space Police, humanitys space cops for hire would soon follow......

Despite this the Exploriens have done their best with the resources they have at hand to maximize their position as the original discovers of alien technology. This advantage even lead to them being the ones also make first contact with what what was thought to be an extinct race that had in fact transcended the need for bodies of flesh: RoboForce. These mechanized allies proved invaluable when less friendly aliens like the Insectoids and yet to be identified X-Race aliens began attacking human colonies/dig sites in the galaxy. Though still smaller in number now compared to the other human factions the Exploriens have long since evened the odds not only with their newfound robotic alien friends, but with new developments in space travel technology stemming from their continued exploration of galaxies other than Canis Major.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the lego life on mars series has minifigures of the two stoned pilots from the so beautiful so dangerous segment in heavy metal

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The Voice of Labor posted:

the lego life on mars series has minifigures of the two stoned pilots from the so beautiful so dangerous segment in heavy metal

that owns. i loved the cat face like aliens with the metal gear walkers. makes me real mad that nerds have ruined mars

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

sullat posted:

Pirates on the water were cool, but have you considered...pirates under water?

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Bedshaped posted:

it's "legolas"

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Gave away all my Legos years ago but always loved building cities. No way I'm paying new Lego(TM) prices what's the best and cheapest way to acquire thousands of misc pieces? Knock offs? Used by-the-pound?

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

It's Legx actually

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

sitchensis posted:

It's Legx actually

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The Power of Freedom: Iraq - Mike Doyle

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Sign of the Times: Failure of the Fourth Estate - Mike Doyle

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Ardennes posted:

ice planet

-lived on space siberian gulag planet to escape corruption of capitalism
-orange neon is the neo communist red
-extensive rocket program including sputnik-esque satellites
-they are all industrial workers with sleds and transparent orange chainsaws, the hammers and sickles of space
-fully automated luxury space communism means they are not fixated with mining green plastic nibs or crystals
-have parades of mobile ICBM launchers and superiority fighters
-gently caress the space police

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

did space police just target whatever space lego faction was being sunset that year? seems like it b/c they went after mtron, blacktron, ice planet (?) etc in their unending quest to fill the space jail

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

space police mainly targets BLM (blacktron lives matter) and I think spytron/spyrius (which didn't have a modern and active line of sets until after space police) and kinda just shook down everyone else to put behind space laser bars to power the space prison industrial complex

ice planet broke their chains and turned them into chainsaws at their gulag (ice planet didn't really have a canon story okay but read between the lines)

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

spyrius were cyborgs and their subtheme had giant robots so maybe there was some kind of blade runner thing going on with space police until the replicants on offworld colonies got a gundam

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001608464908.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dK8UkQU

Lego knockoff featuring Hong Kong protestors, riot police, and more.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Maguro posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001608464908.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dK8UkQU

Lego knockoff featuring Hong Kong protestors, riot police, and more.

thanks for posting i ordered 10

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Lady Militant posted:

thanks for posting i ordered 10

order 10 bidens, coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Pirates on the water were cool, but have you considered...pirates under water?

based shark