Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Smythe posted:

based shark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Smythe posted:

based shark

I had a rich ongoing storyline as a child where the Aqua Sharks were the misunderstood ruff and gruff heroes and the Aquanauts were naive fools in over their heads who needed their help

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

WrasslorMonkey posted:

But mostly I like finding little builds around the internet and trying to recreate them:

(the big froggos I came up with using a lego builder program)

the board is set up wrong--you have to rotate it 90 degrees
:goonsay:

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Jetto Jagga posted:

I had a rich ongoing storyline as a child where the Aqua Sharks were the misunderstood ruff and gruff heroes and the Aquanauts were naive fools in over their heads who needed their help

gently caress yes

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

eSports Chaebol posted:

the board is set up wrong--you have to rotate it 90 degrees
:goonsay:

Son of a BITCH

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jetto Jagga posted:

hell yea

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Pirates on the water were cool, but have you considered...pirates under water?

That was, like, my first LEGO set :3

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Seriously though. The aquanuts submarines were good loving models. They’re what a switched to after I lost interest in the medieval sets, which were good too.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I was building sick loving space ships with the basic kmart toy-aisle v1 space police set in the late 80s. Being a small child I didn't really think about the ramifications of the words on the box; I was pretty happy to get a nice gift and build some custom spaceships and bases.

The transparent-red space canopy was 100% required for every ship though, and when they introduced the shark-decal one that also fit on the spaceship models... :moonrio:

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

1/2 shark 1/2 pig

all bastard

police shark

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

fuckin laffo

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

The Voice of Labor posted:

1/2 shark 1/2 pig

all bastard

police shark

lmao

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

1/2 shark 1/2 pig

all bastard

police shark

Better concept for Dr Octagon 2 than what we actually got

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Lady Militant posted:

that would own, then maybe they'd stop churning out all the BRANDSSSSSSSSS stuff and get back to whats important: orange transparent chainsaw

:hmmyes:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

alright bricklinknauts help me out. what parts would you use to build a proud boy, 3%er, weathermen, klansman, local right wing men's activity club minifig? I'm sure I can find a torso with a polo design, I can find anything in FDE thanks to aftermarket military brick enthusiasts, and the bricktestament dude all ready perfected the lego klansman but, like the fascists I'm trying to mock, my imagination only goes that far

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

alright bricklinknauts help me out. what parts would you use to build a proud boy, 3%er, weathermen, klansman, local right wing men's activity club minifig? I'm sure I can find a torso with a polo design, I can find anything in FDE thanks to aftermarket military brick enthusiasts, and the bricktestament dude all ready perfected the lego klansman but, like the fascists I'm trying to mock, my imagination only goes that far

pirate lego bodies, possibly even faces. i got some uh, real lookers with this ship i got off aliexpress ill post pics of in a sec

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

that would own, then maybe they'd stop churning out all the BRANDSSSSSSSSS stuff and get back to whats important: orange transparent chainsaw

this

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

heres the faces

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Lady Militant posted:

heres the faces

Oh man I love this little knockoff lego ship:

There's another one I have with a dragon sail but it's boxed up in storage and all the listings are gone now for both.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

heres the faces

im trying out what race so i can be racist but i cant figure it out. tjhats a little thing called inclusion. owned.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Smythe posted:

im trying out what race so i can be racist but i cant figure it out. tjhats a little thing called inclusion. owned.

the middle one is clearly a portagee

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Jetto Jagga posted:

There's another one I have with a dragon sail but it's boxed up in storage and all the listings are gone now for both.

Hey! Thats a tiny version of the ship I bought. I might ordered a few more ships tbqh, the quality is much better than I expected.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

they are all andrew cuomo

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Jetto Jagga posted:

poo poo, seeing that image made some synapses fire in my brain. My dad would buy me bargain-bin tubs of legos at garage sales and swap-meets and poo poo, and I definitely had that sail and the cannon, so the ship was definitely in there somewhere.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Y’all better off with Duplo, babies

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just kidding. My son just got a bunch of hand-me-down Duplo sets. Disney too.Rich neighbors own.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
one of my favorite things about working in elementary ed is getting to bring out my two big tubs of legos from my childhood and build stuff with the kiddos. Also I genuinely would get a bit misty eyed seeing them have so much fun with the same toys I loved. Wish I'd taken some pictures of their creations (and written down the bizarre stories they invented to go with them).

COVID killed all that of course. they've been in storage since March 2020 :smith:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

by the time the pandemic has subsided they'll be old enough to understand and produce lego agitprop

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

hey, it's the kid who works at the gas station. he's a good kid, he works hard for his minimum wage. he finally got his dead uncle's jalopy running. it's the only thing of significant financial value he owns, the trunk even opens. it also means he doesn't have to take the bus to work and subsequently gets an additional hour of sleep a night. he has a modest sum of cash on his person which he intends to exchange for a rear tire and a rear driver side tail light. let's hope nothing bad happens to him. he is a good kid.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lot to unpack here

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hatebag posted:

"lego" the surplus value of my labor

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

lot to unpack here

see, the kid is getting pulled over because of the temporary spare and the busted taillight. he is, in effect, getting pulled over because he is poor, because he lacks money. police get all the money that could go towards fixing things that simply require money to fix. so not only is the security state taking all the money needed for services and infrastructure it doubles down by oppressing and persecuting the people hurt by lack of services and infrastructure. the punchline is that the kid gets past this contradiction, that cops take money away from people then hurt people for not having the money that they took away, by taking the parts needed to fix his car from the cop's car.

the only other real gag, other than cops being nazis, is that cops are most likely to die/get injured by getting hit by cars. I may look up that stat and include it in the panel, like the factoids in popup video.
there's some stuff I forgot when doing the shoot but the only thing I'm really disappointed with is that it didn't come across that the car that hit the cop was a cop car. I could either get too much motion blur or none. I guess that would be the third gag, had the shot come out, that cops are reckless terrors behind the wheel

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

see, the kid is getting pulled over because of the temporary spare and the busted taillight. he is, in effect, getting pulled over because he is poor, because he lacks money. police get all the money that could go towards fixing things that simply require money to fix. so not only is the security state taking all the money needed for services and infrastructure it doubles down by oppressing and persecuting the people hurt by lack of services and infrastructure. the punchline is that the kid gets past this contradiction, that cops take money away from people then hurt people for not having the money that they took away, by taking the parts needed to fix his car from the cop's car.

the only other real gag, other than cops being nazis, is that cops are most likely to die/get injured by getting hit by cars. I may look up that stat and include it in the panel, like the factoids in popup video.
there's some stuff I forgot when doing the shoot but the only thing I'm really disappointed with is that it didn't come across that the car that hit the cop was a cop car. I could either get too much motion blur or none. I guess that would be the third gag, had the shot come out, that cops are reckless terrors behind the wheel

i see. now, the skeleton on a skateboard, is a "hair metal" type rocker, or is a woman? like a wraith? also, what is the skeleton woman holding? is it a bong? also the car, did the skeleton deploy from the car?

thank you. love the piece.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

funny thing is that was an after thought. I was going through my lego cars for things to use as traffic and I said gently caress it, I'll use the skateboard assault team gremlin (good eye, yes the skeleton deployed from the car) and since I had the minifigs out I figured I'd stick the skeleton on the board. a few seconds later it occurred to me that I have some lego traffic cones thus death coning off the area

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

funny thing is that was an after thought. I was going through my lego cars for things to use as traffic and I said gently caress it, I'll use the skateboard assault team gremlin (good eye, yes the skeleton deployed from the car) and since I had the minifigs out I figured I'd stick the skeleton on the board. a few seconds later it occurred to me that I have some lego traffic cones thus death coning off the area

i like it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

beautiful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how did you rig the car with motion blur but the airborn cop in focus? split exposure? fishing line? genius...

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
got some of those counterfeit chinese star wars legos off alibaba. fight the good fight comrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

how did you rig the car with motion blur but the airborn cop in focus? split exposure? fishing line? genius...

fishing line which you can see in the shot. I found that smooshing it between the head and the neck peg on the torso worked well and didn't involve a knot