Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

dollar store fire truck and forklift. $2 to unleash a SERPENT upon the future commute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

future commute

car class

WEDGIE

MOON UNIT

"motorcycle" class (I'm gonna have to make different models for these, motorcycles need to be smaller than tanks, but these guys have some mojo)

JOUSTER

CHILL HERB

tank class

TUSSLER

kinda hard to see but I would like to point out that there's a little robot dude driving

BULLWHIP

prototype board set up to test some movement and game rule stuff

only two players and pretty stripped down right now and the board is still huge. I'm gonna truck along with this, but advent calendar scale is pr'lly the way to go for lego vehicular combat games

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

made a pair of smart car size future commuters. the design isn't anywhere near as fun as the motorcycles, but they are the right size and they are palette swaps

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

overlord: "prepare to have your rear end eaten, dirk courage"

dirk courage: "not today, overlord

my rear end has a date with

freedom"

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I've got the preliminary ruleset written for future commute the board game. got all the game stuff built.

so which sadistic corporation will you wagebond yourself with?

will it be hive, silo, sauron, disc, or christer? or are you the type to be down with the as of yet unbuilt white terror?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

rise from the grave and fight cops, thread!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I threw out all my Russian legos today, for obvious reasons. They were actually kinda useless anyways, because the studs were triangle-shaped

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Voice of Labor posted:

dollar store fire truck and forklift. $2 to unleash a SERPENT upon the future commute

this rules

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

flavor ukrav

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man, we have lost the war for affordable bricks. I'm so despondent I don't even feel like documenting this photographically.

a month or two ago, dollar tree brought back the snap these six vaguely vehicle things together to make a robot kits. at $1.25 each, that comes out to $7.50 for a kinda lame robot. by comparison, big l, lego themselves put out a comparable robot kit for $10.

yesterday the wife picked up some of the new dinosaur kits. the part count has gone way down. one of them is 10 pieces. at $1.25 that comes out to 12 1/2 cents per piece. by comparison, at full price this speed champions kit I have nearby is $20 for 291 parts or about 7 cents a piece. piece count and price per piece aren't everything but the dollar tree now charging more for worse bricks pretty much reinforces the truth that the poorer you are, the more you will pay for everything and the worse everything will be. kids building bricks are such a lovely, dirty place for this to manifest itself

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I just checked, every one of the dinos, from the smallest at 10 pieces to the biggest at a whopping 18 pieces, they all fit handily inside a gachapon capsule. like, instructions and plastic bag and parts, everything that comes in the cardboard box fits into a capsule. at 50 cents, the price per piece of the 10 piece kit goes back to a sub lego nickel a piece. at 50 cents the 18 piece kits go down to about 3 cents a piece

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

man, we have lost the war for affordable bricks. I'm so despondent I don't even feel like documenting this photographically.

a month or two ago, dollar tree brought back the snap these six vaguely vehicle things together to make a robot kits. at $1.25 each, that comes out to $7.50 for a kinda lame robot. by comparison, big l, lego themselves put out a comparable robot kit for $10.

yesterday the wife picked up some of the new dinosaur kits. the part count has gone way down. one of them is 10 pieces. at $1.25 that comes out to 12 1/2 cents per piece. by comparison, at full price this speed champions kit I have nearby is $20 for 291 parts or about 7 cents a piece. piece count and price per piece aren't everything but the dollar tree now charging more for worse bricks pretty much reinforces the truth that the poorer you are, the more you will pay for everything and the worse everything will be. kids building bricks are such a lovely, dirty place for this to manifest itself

I just checked, every one of the dinos, from the smallest at 10 pieces to the biggest at a whopping 18 pieces, they all fit handily inside a gachapon capsule. like, instructions and plastic bag and parts, everything that comes in the cardboard box fits into a capsule. at 50 cents, the price per piece of the 10 piece kit goes back to a sub lego nickel a piece. at 50 cents the 18 piece kits go down to about 3 cents a piece

sorry to see it. sending u peace and harmony in this trying time,

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

man, we have lost the war for affordable bricks. I'm so despondent I don't even feel like documenting this photographically.´
this is what you get for supporting cultural appropriation

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I though danish culture was on the table because it's white. I will endeavor to do better in future for the glory of the party

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

dinorama

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

april photo contest loosing entry now that the statute of crossposting limitations has expired

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

april photo contest loosing entry now that the statute of crossposting limitations has expired

lmfao

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I like the modular building sets. Well see ya

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

These posters who posted with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love… but they had the strength… the strength… to do that. If I had ten divisions of those posters our troubles here would be over very quickly.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

These posters who posted with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love… but they had the strength… the strength… to do that. If I had ten divisions of those posters our troubles here would be over very quickly.

powerful work

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what the gently caress is this thing?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

what the gently caress is this thing?

The demiurge

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

that's a better answer than what the answer actually is.

let's try another question. so, to avoid any future chipmunkgate like disgrace, rocket racoon is of age, right? like in space racoon years or whatever

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
here is a mechagodzilla my son made

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Koirhor posted:

lets loving goooooooooooooooooooo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Koirhor posted:

holy poo poo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Koirhor posted:

kicks asssssss

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Koirhor posted:

Wow that's great!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Koirhor posted:

nice

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Koirhor posted:

drat that's cool. I was never that creative with my legos

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
he’s thrilled everyone loves it, he did follow a youtube build but had to improvise on some pieces he didn’t have in his giant pile of legos.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Koirhor posted:

most impressive

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

while the mods are probed it's time to post a little teaser from the thing I've been working on

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

im workin on the republic gunship!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

im workin on the republic gunship!!

nice unicorn thing back there behind the couch out of focus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

while the mods are probed it's time to post a little teaser from the thing I've been working on

looks loving sick dude. lighting design skills on the rise. impressive

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

nice unicorn thing back there behind the couch out of focus

its our cats scratch post. meet ravenor (like the inquisitor from warhammer40k, hes the tabby) and titan (the jet black one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

its our cats scratch post. meet ravenor (like the inquisitor from warhammer40k, hes the tabby) and titan (the jet black one)

im the coaxial and rj11 keystones