Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Smythe posted:

im the coaxial and rj11 keystones

i had to google what that last thing was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

i had to google what that last thing was

old ppl poo poo :cool:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017214

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Thought the thread title said "Lagos" and was all amped up to read about Nigerian politics

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Thought the thread title said "Lagos" and was all amped up to read about Nigerian politics
this is what happens when you don't follow the guidelines. never write anything but LEGO

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

A Buttery Pastry posted:

this is what happens when you don't follow the guidelines. never write anything but LEGO

:denmark:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021074

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

wake up lego thread!

the cspam family feud question is:

undesirable groups of people who hang out at pride parades

so far I've got christians and nambla and cops

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Anyone got any more fun stories of people ruining their lives with lego? I didn't realise how expensive this stuff is, it makes 40k look cheap

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got the medium creative box on sale.

I was annoyed when I realized there are only like 6 2x6 blocks of each color, at best, so the best I can do is facades and abstract builds instead of bigger ones :smith:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

pride 2023

coming this june

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034635

animist
Aug 28, 2018

The Voice of Labor posted:

pride 2023

coming this june

lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

don't die cspam lego thread. I'm, like, 2 bricklink orders and a lightbox away from needing you

I dislike unwholesome Lego dioramas such as these. Very, very disrespectful.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
My kind of thread

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

if you ever feel down just remember that, unlike god, knockoff duplo whale is real and loves you

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

if you ever feel down just remember that, unlike god, knockoff duplo whale is real and loves you

Must be protected

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I like it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

saw this guy's work in person. he makes afro-futurist art out of black legos

s'cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3GVAgIL5g

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
jfc

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

terrifying but also a little sexy

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

work

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Regarde Aduck posted:

terrifying but also a little sexy

drat Regarde. I had no idea

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

home

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

hunting season. coming soon

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I've been buying some legos lately for dopamine hits but the only set i've opened is this sonic set which i am putting together with one of the kids, we've done 3 out of 7 bags and so at this point you can make him spin and hit the wall off the second ramp. it looks like when we're done, he'll go through a gold ring and smash Robotnick and then little animals get ejected possibly, so if that works out I'll film it.

I bought this as a self-pity present when I was shopping for socks and stuff b/c I had to extend a trip to help a relative with a medical crisis, figuring (badly) that tacking another hundred bucks onto a week long trip wasn't gonna change the overall math much. I didn't realize it was functional until we really looked at it; it's kind of like the fun part of Mousetrap with none of the bullshit game attached, plus Sonic, plus Lego. Cool.

This is the stack of unopened dopamine hits acquired over some period of time. At some point I'll put more shelving in here or something and put all this together. Maybe. (Also some cassettes, and bespoke Mixed Media art I got on Etsy :allears: )

I got this at an office job a decade plus ago and it hung over my desk; I also have a tie fighter and a decent sized (but not the massive) millennium falcon but those did not survive the move intact and putting stuff back together is tedious. It's all boxed and bagged together in the boxes, though.

at that same job one time we did this, it took a lot of people's childhood legos including a lot of mine

IIRC there were 17 vertical brick layers per "floor", and then each floor was reinforced in some ways but also there was a hole all the way down the middle of the structure so that the light we built towards made it all light up. Somewhere I think I have an edit of one of the images with some of the " And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech" parts of Genesis.

e: looking at this gives me all kinds of memories and makes me want to go see what a few people are doing in life these days. This was almost all completed after hours and during lunches and there was a core group of 3 of us with another 2-3 people helping here and there, we had a designated site foreperson so that no one made decisions that hosed over the general plan.

There may be another vertical floor, I have better pictures somewhere.

I think that's all the ways Lego has factored into my life, 2010-present. It really didn't factor into my life at all from about 1990-2010, either, but I held on to a lot of them and I still have bags of bricks from childhood. I think my mom has a bunch of random small unopened sets from like 1995-2002, I should ask.

Cabbages and Kings has issued a correction as of 04:15 on Nov 5, 2023

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The cheap knock off 72 block packs are showing up at dollar stores again.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

opening day

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046669

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Bar Ran Dun posted:

The cheap knock off 72 block packs are showing up at dollar stores again.

nature is healing

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

chicken head needs a more permanent home

it's that clucker chicken head. where's he going? it's not sunday, he has no friends, no acquaintances, no lovers.

a chicken restaurant?

that don't look like any chicken restaurant I've ever seen

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what should I do next, baby hitler finds a tunnel or baby hitler pushes the button?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

what should I do next, baby hitler finds a tunnel or baby hitler pushes the button?

Baby Hitler kills baby Hitler and the future is all Hitlers

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

HootTheOwl posted:

the future is all Hitlers

nah, a little too realistic

just a bunch of low ambition hitlers

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

nah, a little too realistic

just a bunch of low ambition hitlers

Baby Hitler and Lady Hitler fall in love, and in the future, best buy manager Hitler

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
failhitlers

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

HootTheOwl posted:

Baby Hitler and Lady Hitler fall in love, and in the future, best buy manager Hitler

maybe baby hitler meeting lady hitler at his war crimes trial

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

stage 1: denial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cool