Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I am engaged in a political lego project. does anyone know where I could get tiny little lego sized fasc decals? like lil' punisher skulls and thin blue line and confederate flags and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

sluban riot control police set

city street creator hamburger restaurant

knockoff legos coming with the genuine police experience

gotta give credit to lego proper though for capturing the inherent sinisterness of cop cars

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/police-patrol-car-60239

even the chinese produced plastic death squads still have some blocky charm to them. the lego cop car just thirsts for protestor blood. the minifig also has a look of I'm going to gently caress you up and lie about it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

don't die cspam lego thread. I'm, like, 2 bricklink orders and a lightbox away from needing you

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the lego life on mars series has minifigures of the two stoned pilots from the so beautiful so dangerous segment in heavy metal

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

1/2 shark 1/2 pig

all bastard

police shark

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

alright bricklinknauts help me out. what parts would you use to build a proud boy, 3%er, weathermen, klansman, local right wing men's activity club minifig? I'm sure I can find a torso with a polo design, I can find anything in FDE thanks to aftermarket military brick enthusiasts, and the bricktestament dude all ready perfected the lego klansman but, like the fascists I'm trying to mock, my imagination only goes that far

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

by the time the pandemic has subsided they'll be old enough to understand and produce lego agitprop

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Voice of Labor posted:

hey, it's the kid who works at the gas station. he's a good kid, he works hard for his minimum wage. he finally got his dead uncle's jalopy running. it's the only thing of significant financial value he owns, the trunk even opens. it also means he doesn't have to take the bus to work and subsequently gets an additional hour of sleep a night. he has a modest sum of cash on his person which he intends to exchange for a rear tire and a rear driver side tail light. let's hope nothing bad happens to him. he is a good kid.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

lot to unpack here

see, the kid is getting pulled over because of the temporary spare and the busted taillight. he is, in effect, getting pulled over because he is poor, because he lacks money. police get all the money that could go towards fixing things that simply require money to fix. so not only is the security state taking all the money needed for services and infrastructure it doubles down by oppressing and persecuting the people hurt by lack of services and infrastructure. the punchline is that the kid gets past this contradiction, that cops take money away from people then hurt people for not having the money that they took away, by taking the parts needed to fix his car from the cop's car.

the only other real gag, other than cops being nazis, is that cops are most likely to die/get injured by getting hit by cars. I may look up that stat and include it in the panel, like the factoids in popup video.
there's some stuff I forgot when doing the shoot but the only thing I'm really disappointed with is that it didn't come across that the car that hit the cop was a cop car. I could either get too much motion blur or none. I guess that would be the third gag, had the shot come out, that cops are reckless terrors behind the wheel

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

funny thing is that was an after thought. I was going through my lego cars for things to use as traffic and I said gently caress it, I'll use the skateboard assault team gremlin (good eye, yes the skeleton deployed from the car) and since I had the minifigs out I figured I'd stick the skeleton on the board. a few seconds later it occurred to me that I have some lego traffic cones thus death coning off the area

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

how did you rig the car with motion blur but the airborn cop in focus? split exposure? fishing line? genius...

fishing line which you can see in the shot. I found that smooshing it between the head and the neck peg on the torso worked well and didn't involve a knot

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the sluban king of police is p wonderful. build quality is good, joints are solid, weird off brand good parts like stubby 1x1 single bricks and the magical peg on both sides 180 degree plate. stickers suck and the m38 brand bricks have a sort of oily look to them. minor complaints, like $30 in box right away or half that sans box via china post. the design is totally reminiscent of 80s transformers geists. it's made up of six vehicles and not a single one is the same scale as any of the others. it's beautiful

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

40% of zombie cops beat their zombie wives

the dollar tree house brand block cemetery kits are surprisingly good

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

announcer: coming this week to the voice of labor's dead brick cop theater : night of the living boomers

(singing) I would often go there to the tiny church there

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

night of the living boomers

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the d.t. 2 minifigure packs have ball joints at their shoulders and hips, and are compatible with lego minifig heads and hands. I need to photograph it, but the megaconstux construction vehicle blind bags at d.t. are really good, lego quality and a bunch of interesting, if small, pieces

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I am the voice of labor and this is how we get our stuff

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the terrible tsar terrorizes territories with a tiny troop of tiny trumps

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it does look like the trumps are fleeing now that you mention it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

p sure it's supposed to be kingpin

I thought it was the godfather when I ordered it. kinda weird in that lego never made a kingpin minifig, but the industrious chinese cobbled together a pretty solid one

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

zombie bank will keep your money safe

but not your soul

wanted to build something gray and institutional, ended up building a zombie bank. all the parts are dollar tree, probably around 15 bucks to build with plenty of parts left over. seems like a lot for dollar tree stuff, but building a solid structure all in one color is a sort of resource intensive even when it's small and extremely basic

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

oh man I need to find a bunch of red dollar tree plates so that I can make a brick corona virus so that I can make a lame visual pun that requires getting a reference to a kind of obscure arcade game

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

deep in an underground research facility underneath communist china operation silk horse-dewormer faces its final challenge

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

earl of pussygrab heir to the throne of the nose candy kingdom

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

little know fact but adam west and charles manson both did acid together and were on the cia payroll

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

soon we will be happy every day

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982991

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

dollar tree xmas shipment of knock off legos came in. p' good. "best lock" branding, a tank, a fire truck a combine harvester and a forklift. thing is, they're designed to be made of useful parts, so, like, picking up a few, building the things then breaking them back down to the component pieces would give you a nice stack of pieces to build all sorts of other stuff with.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

k lego thread I will let you decide. I got the sembo night club/sex tourism spot set. I can build that tomorrow or I can take some photos of cheeki breeki dollar tree lego boris possibly having hard bass adventure

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

sometimes you want to go
where nobody asks your name

oh god damnit, I forgot to take a photo of the instructions

"sembo block facilitate communication between children and parents"

lol no sembo I'm not explaining this one to the kiddo just yet

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I have a tiny, empty house

and a tiny, empty soul

but my car's kickin' rad

and john constantine and michael jordan are my gay neighbors and they're raising, I guess, one of the dragon ball dudes

so I mean like really all I can say, all any of us can say, is that china owns

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Marzzle posted:

that sky is really cool. did you just make it out of stuff you had lying around or was it part of the set? love the colorful pillar on the right. very seedy "been here since the googie era" vibe

I been doing big dioramas and stuff, sky was supposed to be a pacific ocean island sunset for this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983694

but I just could never source enough tiles, so I've kind of relegated it to good enough status and just try to remember to put some extra tiles into every bricklink order I do.

funny, looking back through this thread, I started do the sky just with bricks for the clouds and it looks better than the tiles, but the 3 dimensionality in a background still bugs me

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Lady Militant posted:

well at least this thread has something for smythe now

dude always 5s my threads, guess this is just fate telling me I gotta give something back

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Cloks posted:

alienated from the products of his labor in modern society, Elmo is falling into an abyss that can only be filled with cheap opiates

as abby's star rose so elmo's fell. so good man

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

omg. I've got sickles and hammers and an overalls clad torso. If I can find a dress I can do the old mosfilms logo in minifigure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosfilm

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

give me your power thread. it's time to source parts to build a lego guillotine

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Cloks posted:

is this gonna be a functional Lego guillotine or for staging pictures only?

it'll be minifigure scale if that's what you're asking. the blade'll come down if I build it right, but it's made out of plastic so it won't like, realistically sever any minifigure heads. that's o.k. really, minifigures get kinda expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lol, so the brickwarriors guillotine blade fits perfectly in between, get this, a pair of these

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4216#T=C

with one half of the pair offset on these

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...Modified%5D#T=C

so two grooved bricks with three and a half studs between them

like, had the blade been just a little wider it would work fine without needing to offset anything and it would look same. the goofiest thing about this build is that I'm going to need to remove the offset at the mantle. I knew it would be a little asymmetrical going in due to needing a hole right in the center at the top for the cord to go through