Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
build the set, leave it alone for a couple days, then strip it for parts to make ur own epic space ships and bases. use ur imagination dummy :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Pirates on the water were cool, but have you considered...pirates under water?

based shark

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jetto Jagga posted:

I had a rich ongoing storyline as a child where the Aqua Sharks were the misunderstood ruff and gruff heroes and the Aquanauts were naive fools in over their heads who needed their help

hell yea

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

that would own, then maybe they'd stop churning out all the BRANDSSSSSSSSS stuff and get back to whats important: orange transparent chainsaw

this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

heres the faces

im trying out what race so i can be racist but i cant figure it out. tjhats a little thing called inclusion. owned.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lot to unpack here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

see, the kid is getting pulled over because of the temporary spare and the busted taillight. he is, in effect, getting pulled over because he is poor, because he lacks money. police get all the money that could go towards fixing things that simply require money to fix. so not only is the security state taking all the money needed for services and infrastructure it doubles down by oppressing and persecuting the people hurt by lack of services and infrastructure. the punchline is that the kid gets past this contradiction, that cops take money away from people then hurt people for not having the money that they took away, by taking the parts needed to fix his car from the cop's car.

the only other real gag, other than cops being nazis, is that cops are most likely to die/get injured by getting hit by cars. I may look up that stat and include it in the panel, like the factoids in popup video.
there's some stuff I forgot when doing the shoot but the only thing I'm really disappointed with is that it didn't come across that the car that hit the cop was a cop car. I could either get too much motion blur or none. I guess that would be the third gag, had the shot come out, that cops are reckless terrors behind the wheel

i see. now, the skeleton on a skateboard, is a "hair metal" type rocker, or is a woman? like a wraith? also, what is the skeleton woman holding? is it a bong? also the car, did the skeleton deploy from the car?

thank you. love the piece.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

funny thing is that was an after thought. I was going through my lego cars for things to use as traffic and I said gently caress it, I'll use the skateboard assault team gremlin (good eye, yes the skeleton deployed from the car) and since I had the minifigs out I figured I'd stick the skeleton on the board. a few seconds later it occurred to me that I have some lego traffic cones thus death coning off the area

beautiful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how did you rig the car with motion blur but the airborn cop in focus? split exposure? fishing line? genius...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fishing line which you can see in the shot. I found that smooshing it between the head and the neck peg on the torso worked well and didn't involve a knot

i see it now. beautiful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

night of the living boomers

amazing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

I am the voice of labor and this is how we get our stuff

iconic voice of labor

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the terrible tsar terrorizes territories with a tiny troop of tiny trumps

beautiful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

it does look like the trumps are fleeing now that you mention it

i see your vision., the reanimated zombie trumps are clearly in the thrall of the plantation owner / necromancer type character on the pedestal / grave

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zombie bank will keep your money safe

but not your soul

wanted to build something gray and institutional, ended up building a zombie bank. all the parts are dollar tree, probably around 15 bucks to build with plenty of parts left over. seems like a lot for dollar tree stuff, but building a solid structure all in one color is a sort of resource intensive even when it's small and extremely basic

eager to make a deposit. :cheerdoge:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

beautiful work op. voted 5

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sometimes you want to go
where nobody asks your name

oh god damnit, I forgot to take a photo of the instructions

"sembo block facilitate communication between children and parents"

lol no sembo I'm not explaining this one to the kiddo just yet

I have a tiny, empty house

and a tiny, empty soul

but my car's kickin' rad

and john constantine and michael jordan are my gay neighbors and they're raising, I guess, one of the dragon ball dudes

so I mean like really all I can say, all any of us can say, is that china owns

beautiful work as always TVoL. :bravo:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

give me your power thread. it's time to source parts to build a lego guillotine

*starts channeling power*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the zenos paradox of project building. every bricklink order gets me 1/2 way to the end but never to the end

beautiful works as always Mr. Labor. Continuing to vote 5. Bravo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

just watched the numberphile video on zenos paradox and needless to say this is indeed... a strange concept.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987521

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
screaming crackhead guy

litter

guys hanging out by their car doing whatever they do

7-11 triangle shaped pizza container and discarded slurpies. (part of litter but more prominent)

lol at the concept of the Redbox being outside. even the dumpster is locked up and enclosed here.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

except for one pretty minor thing, all the stuff for 31 flavor salute is built. gonna try and get everything set up, posed and shot tomorrow. in the meantime dig the 711

punk kids: check. car: check. elephant: check

john constantine (pronounced "tine" like the tine of a fork) entering the PASSENGER SIDE of a right hand drive vehicle. no the 711 did not have silk cuts so he had to settle for a carton of 555s. the invocation used to cover the cost and taxes was so powerful an entire plotline was based around its consequences

the redbox because I know you freaks want to see it

send this to the louvre

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

voted 5.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

man, we have lost the war for affordable bricks. I'm so despondent I don't even feel like documenting this photographically.

a month or two ago, dollar tree brought back the snap these six vaguely vehicle things together to make a robot kits. at $1.25 each, that comes out to $7.50 for a kinda lame robot. by comparison, big l, lego themselves put out a comparable robot kit for $10.

yesterday the wife picked up some of the new dinosaur kits. the part count has gone way down. one of them is 10 pieces. at $1.25 that comes out to 12 1/2 cents per piece. by comparison, at full price this speed champions kit I have nearby is $20 for 291 parts or about 7 cents a piece. piece count and price per piece aren't everything but the dollar tree now charging more for worse bricks pretty much reinforces the truth that the poorer you are, the more you will pay for everything and the worse everything will be. kids building bricks are such a lovely, dirty place for this to manifest itself

I just checked, every one of the dinos, from the smallest at 10 pieces to the biggest at a whopping 18 pieces, they all fit handily inside a gachapon capsule. like, instructions and plastic bag and parts, everything that comes in the cardboard box fits into a capsule. at 50 cents, the price per piece of the 10 piece kit goes back to a sub lego nickel a piece. at 50 cents the 18 piece kits go down to about 3 cents a piece

sorry to see it. sending u peace and harmony in this trying time,

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

april photo contest loosing entry now that the statute of crossposting limitations has expired

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

These posters who posted with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love… but they had the strength… the strength… to do that. If I had ten divisions of those posters our troubles here would be over very quickly.

powerful work

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

im workin on the republic gunship!!

nice unicorn thing back there behind the couch out of focus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

while the mods are probed it's time to post a little teaser from the thing I've been working on

looks loving sick dude. lighting design skills on the rise. impressive

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

its our cats scratch post. meet ravenor (like the inquisitor from warhammer40k, hes the tabby) and titan (the jet black one)

im the coaxial and rj11 keystones

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

i had to google what that last thing was

old ppl poo poo :cool:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gbs are a bunch of racist genocide supporters. cspam has no sense of humor. smythe, my lego dioramas are couch surfing on your burger sub from now on

feel free. i will protect it from trolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

can you move the gbs sardine thread there too?

i dont have buttons in gbs alas but i can inquire