Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

‘Anybody got any ideas on how I can cheer up and and ignore my failure of a life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That job was poo poo anyway, gently caress 'em

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Go find a dog and pet it, OP. Preferably with permission.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

download the mobile game 'like a dino' and enjoy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just think of it as a vacation :dance:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That job was poo poo anyway, gently caress 'em

Agreed

I'm so happy I got fired. It sucks not having a job but I had suicidial ideation weekly and that's gone now that I'm out of that lovely situation

Be free! Learn a new skill! Keep job hunting but use this time to figure out what you want to do

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now would be a great time to win the lottery, just saying

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Did you stick your dick in the meat slicer

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Relapse!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
BUTTCHUG!!! :blastu:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't know anything about you OP so I'm not sure what to suggest. But I'm sorry that happened and I hope you feel better soon.

One moment I will upload a hug.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

low key sex master posted:

Agreed

I'm so happy I got fired. It sucks not having a job but I had suicidial ideation weekly and that's gone now that I'm out of that lovely situation

Be free! Learn a new skill! Keep job hunting but use this time to figure out what you want to do

Same, getting let go from my toxic helljob was one of the best things that ever happened even if it sucked in the moment

You'll be okay OP, and seconding the advice to find a dog and pet that dog, it does wonders

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

shadowvine118 posted:

‘Anybody got any ideas on how I can cheer up and and ignore my failure of a life?

:sympathy:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

check online for any local dog walkers hiring, they're very busy in summer and if it's a decent startup it pays ridiculous amounts of money for minimal effort

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Being outside is good for your mental health in general, assuming that the weather isn't terrible. Don't stay inside if you don't have to. Find a nice hiking trail or something. There is also a high chance of meeting dogs this way

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I can't believe they let you go. I thought the dick-sucking factory was hurting for help.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

put up a sign that says i eat rear end suggested donation 75 dollara

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Being outside is good for your mental health in general, assuming that the weather isn't terrible. Don't stay inside if you don't have to. Find a nice hiking trail or something. There is also a high chance of meeting dogs this way

Meetings doggos and puppers!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Let me google that for you. :downsbravo:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Why were you fired

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Maybe not the best time to get drunk.

Or it could be a good time.

I don't judge.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I'm sure it had nothing to do with toilets.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Piggy Smalls posted:

Why were you fired

Hey, just wanna be the first person itt to say gently caress you. gently caress you.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Piggy Smalls posted:

Why were you fired

They took a poo poo on the clock

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Haha your ex-bosses clock smells like poo poo

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Shoulda took a poo poo on the fax machine instead. :shuckyes:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

making GBS threads on your lunch break is a coward's mindset.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Take it real easy on yourself and have a few beers/smoke a joint tonight and just process everything from the old job and then just let everything go. Promise yourself you won’t think about that poo poo again after tonight. Start looking for new jobs tomorrow for at least an hour a day. Try and enjoy being unemployed (go to the beach/go for a hike in the middle of the day, bong rips in the morning, etc.).

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Set up a new email and then reapply, you may make it back to the interview stage because they won't be checking the names, just the emails. If this works and they call you back for an interview try wearing a fake moustache and talk around your previous experience. It will be a lot of fun to pretend and everybody will laugh

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Rookie mistake, gotta poo poo in the toilet

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

They keep saying there's a worker shortage, so hopefully you find something soon and find something that makes you happier.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just be like everyone else and start being a full time Twitch streamer or Youtuber reviewer.

As far as I can tell your content doesn't even have to be that good, just keeping pimping a pateron and people will feel compelled to send you free money.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Sid Vicious posted:

check online for any local dog walkers hiring, they're very busy in summer and if it's a decent startup it pays ridiculous amounts of money for minimal effort

One of my coworkers uses some sort of app called Rover and people bring him dogs and pay him money to play with them while on vacation

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

works sucks any ways

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Vakal posted:

Just be like everyone else and start being a full time Twitch streamer or Youtuber reviewer.

As far as I can tell your content doesn't even have to be that good, just keeping pimping a pateron and people will feel compelled to send you free money.

But enough about Lowtax

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

shadowvine118 posted:

Are you in US?
Can you get unemployment?
I was for first time in my life and it was AWESOME

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
Why’d you get fired op

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Spinz posted:

Are you in US?
Can you get unemployment?
I was for first time in my life and it was AWESOME

I got laid off a couple years ago and was on unemployment and as a guy with very low overhead and a safety net, it wasn't bad for the 6 months I was on it.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Hey man you’re the only person who gets to decide what your life is and if you’re going to go by external circumstances you will never be happy.

I’ve been going through a bit of a hard time too and I’ve started doing mindfulness meditation with some apps, I fully recommend you give them a go. That poo poo is 100% about not letting your rando feelings dominate you and finding contentment with yourself. It’s also scientifically proven poo poo, it’s not new age life coach woo. And as you do it you get better at it and you can feel yourself getting better at it, it’s pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Better to be someone who gets fired than to be the kind of rear end-kissing turd smuggling loser that would create a thread complaining that people dare use the bathroom while at work.

Keep your chin up OP, at least you're not that loving loser.