Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Sorry OP, that sucks

I’ll help proofread your resume if you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

flex and bring in a guy for a manned omelet station

This omelette station is.. unmanned. :gbsmith:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Holy poo poo

NO joke
What is the right answer for that question irl if you want that job

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

N. Senada posted:

Sorry OP, that sucks

I’ll help proofread your resume if you want

You misspelled “sux reelee gud” :crossarms:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I've never had to look for a job, I've been lucky. I would guess it's ask the organizer what is needed

Usually 5 losers bring chips etc if no one pays attention

I would bring yummy veggies and bitchin sauce if up to me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Spinz posted:

Holy poo poo

NO joke
What is the right answer for that question irl if you want that job

Brownies

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My spicy Italian sausage.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I just drank and ate alotta jack n the box not gonna lie op!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
At the extremely cool place where I used to work we played setback every day for a 2 hour lunch and had quarterly chili cook offs which are the best potlucks.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You misspelled “sux reelee gud” :crossarms:

Thanks you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

flex and bring in a guy for a manned omelet station

:yeah:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Jose posted:

get drunk and masturbate op

Will do, pms are wide open OP

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op must have gotten really poo poo faced. Hope we get an update and this is isn't just a one post wonder.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Comcast found out he was fired and shut off his internet post haste

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Spinz posted:

I've never had to look for a job, I've been lucky. I would guess it's ask the organizer what is needed

Usually 5 losers bring chips etc if no one pays attention

meth

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My first boss was my mentor and would regularly take out the team (we were a small technical consultancy) if we did well on our numbers. Like just shout us steak with Scotch or whatever, just cause he was happy. He was a legit awesome dude that genuinely loved helping his employees. He helped a coworker move house to make sure he was rested before he had to come back to work.

Fact is, tho, his business is still going, he's still an awesome dude, but he'll never become huge mainly because he isn't a ruthless prick. It's sad that the only dude I would ever consider a genuinely nice, kind and amazing boss will never really get where he's looking to go because of exactly those qualities.

People in power will be general shitheads to their employees because they sadly have to in order to maintain or increase power. That's the way it rolls.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Comcast found out he was fired and shut off his internet post haste

Fired from the post making factory

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Turn off your alarm clock, OP.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

sleep

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gog

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

gleebster posted:

Turn off your alarm clock, OP.

Actually I would advise keeping a routine

I get up around the same time (mainly because my cats demand it), eat breakfast, go to the apartment co-working space to look for/apply for jobs, then finish around noon and the rest of the day is mine to do with as I please

I draw for an hour, game, read, work on my book. Sometimes I go out and take walks or go to local trails and hike, or I just roam around the city for a bit

I haven't had a proper vacation since October 2019 so this has honestly been super nice for me

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmmm you know what? Looking at the roster here and it looks like you never got hired. :crossarms:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Start by wallowing in video games and weed, and then keep at it for a while.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

low key sex master posted:

Actually I would advise keeping a routine

I get up around the same time (mainly because my cats demand it), eat breakfast, go to the apartment co-working space to look for/apply for jobs, then finish around noon and the rest of the day is mine to do with as I please

I draw for an hour, game, read, work on my book. Sometimes I go out and take walks or go to local trails and hike, or I just roam around the city for a bit

I haven't had a proper vacation since October 2019 so this has honestly been super nice for me

A routine certainly, a regimen even, in the proper sense of the word. But a noisy thing that makes you wake up? No. Find your own rhythm, I'd say. But I'm no doctor, so what do I know?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I long for the day that I never wake up. OP is that much closer than me

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

chaosbreather posted:

Hey man you’re the only person who gets to decide what your life is and if you’re going to go by external circumstances you will never be happy.

I’ve been going through a bit of a hard time too and I’ve started doing mindfulness meditation with some apps, I fully recommend you give them a go. That poo poo is 100% about not letting your rando feelings dominate you and finding contentment with yourself. It’s also scientifically proven poo poo, it’s not new age life coach woo. And as you do it you get better at it and you can feel yourself getting better at it, it’s pretty cool.

I can't recommend this enough. 2021 has been an incredibly bad year for me personally, and mindfulness meditation has helped me tremendously. Like before I started doing it, I would have never in a million years believed it'd have the effect on me it has. It didn't the very first time I did it, but after a few times I began to really feel a change in myself, as I began to tailor the stuff I was reading to myself and the path I felt myself taking during the meditation.

I read this book to get me started and really liked it: https://www.amazon.com/Meditation-B...25887914&sr=8-6

He goes over some basic instruction and guidance, and the meditation I do now is largely based off of this but again, tweaked a bit based on where I felt it leading me as I did it, I guess you could say.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Play posted:

I'm actually counting on the Nevada vaccination lottery to come through for me. If it doesn't I'm in pretty big trouble I owe a lot of scary people a lot of money

I am delighted that Nevada actually made that lottery. That's awesome.

OP, that place sucked. I've been fired once and it was from the worst place I ever worked. Started a job that paid 2x as much 2 weeks later, had zero assholes, and kicked off my career.

I was unemployed for a year once though as a single guy with no real obligations. It wasn't that bad. Just cut my bills by using my free time to cook for myself, exercise, and free entertainment like playing guitar and exploring the city parks. I got real good at guitar. Just keep on doing regular things, pick up odd jobs that pay cash so you can collect unemployment (like dog walker), and apply to a few jobs.

I found one job through LinkedIn premium, their paid service. It was the only online job search tool that actually helped me look for a job. Any other job site felt like I was throwing dozens of resumes out into the darkness. That premium service boosts you up to the top of employer searches and actually worked quickly for me and my friends. We all got a job through it within a month. We all had computer toucher industry jobs, so I am not sure how it works in other industries.

You can also lie on your resume. Most employers don't check that stuff out. During the most diligent HR background check I endured, they checked if I had a criminal record and called the references I gave them. That's it. They didn't call my old employer and check confirm I went to the college I said. Just lie. It's easy.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

look on the bright side, at least you're not a mod

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Spinz posted:

Gonna commit CostCo thread sacrilege here but yuck

I'd bring delicious smoked pork, made with real wood on a real smoker, not a hamster pellet burning electric

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP, fired for sucking, loving, jerking and stroking the coke. Simply going up and down the long length of the shaft, slurping, jerking, slobbering all up and down that knob, all up and down, front and back, back and front, just slippery sliding with slurp going glurp glurp out he mouth, the nut busting straight from the urethra as he worked and jerked that thing down, just wanking and spanking on that rod, going all up and down the rigid pole, stroking and choking back and forth.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Thanks for the support, everyone, I really appreciate it. I spent some time wallowing in self pitty, but I’m pretty sure things will be ok.

I think I need to find a job that isn’t in retail. Apparently, I’m not very good at engaging with customers. It always stressed me out whenever someone even looked at me the wrong way, since I was afraid they’d find some reason to complain, which I guess maybe made things worse?

Honestly, what do people get out of complaining about store employees? Does it make them feel good to get someone in trouble because they didn’t smile and say hi enough?

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

You can also lie on your resume. Most employers don't check that stuff out. During the most diligent HR background check I endured, they checked if I had a criminal record and called the references I gave them. That's it. They didn't call my old employer and check confirm I went to the college I said. Just lie. It's easy.

Also see a job? Want it? Apply. gently caress whatever "requirements" they put down.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Pimpcasso posted:

I had a coworker get fired today on essentially a trumped up technicality because he was such a poo poo employee for so long that they were waiting for the moment he hosed up

Are you my excoworker op

Probably not, only because I’m not a guy. Also, while I was far from a star employee, I don’t think anyone would say I was complete poo poo.

At least I didn’t get fired for stealing, or spouting racial slurs, like some other people.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

shadowvine118 posted:

Thanks for the support, everyone, I really appreciate it. I spent some time wallowing in self pitty, but I’m pretty sure things will be ok.

I think I need to find a job that isn’t in retail. Apparently, I’m not very good at engaging with customers. It always stressed me out whenever someone even looked at me the wrong way, since I was afraid they’d find some reason to complain, which I guess maybe made things worse?

Honestly, what do people get out of complaining about store employees? Does it make them feel good to get someone in trouble because they didn’t smile and say hi enough?

I'm sure you'll be fine. BFC has a thread with people that help out a ton with resumes and such.

and yeah, a lot of miserable losers get there lil dicks semi-hard complaining at retail stores. When I did retail we had this hag elementary school teacher come every week and complain about something. I always wanted to say: if we suck so bad wouldn't you, you know, stop shopping here?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

shadowvine118 posted:

It's exactly this. They're small, pathetic people who derive pleasure from doing things that make them feel above somebody, anybody, because there's nothing else in their life that makes them feel any sense of worth except being "better" than someone else.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

shadowvine118 posted:

Probably not, only because I’m not a guy. Also, while I was far from a star employee, I don’t think anyone would say I was complete poo poo.

At least I didn’t get fired for stealing, or spouting racial slurs, like some other people.

Getting fired for stealing loving owns.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

"The customer is always right." and the insane obsession store owners have with customer "service" have lead a bunch of primarily old white people who have never worked retail in their life to think that retail employees exist to serve them exactly how they want, utterly obsequious and willing to withstand rudeness and lovely tones with a smile on their face.

Personally in my years of retail I never bothered, if they were rude they could suck my poo poo. The benefit of most liquor stores in DE being owned by small business owners.

Tho that also talk me that small businesses are no different than big businesses when it comes to treating employees like dogshit and paying slave wages, they just want to be big business owners in the long run.

The only place I worked for that was tolerable was run by an Indian dude and his son and guess what, all the white dudes I worked for hated all the Indian run places, probably because they nonstop poached employees and paid them better while leaving them the gently caress alone and not micromanaging everything.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Grem posted:

Getting fired for stealing loving owns.

Depends on what you steal. A pair of socks? Pathetic. A foolish frippery, like gilt-edged doilies? Horrible. Controlling interest in a railroad? OK, that owns.

And I'm glad the OP is back and seems healthy and coherent. Goons are goons, but some of what the ones other than me say makes sense. Learn from them and move on.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I once got fired from Upscale Foods that Are In Its Entirety, for reasons still unknown. My department heads asked for it while I was out of the country, and based it on a reason easily disproven by asking literally any other low level worker at the store. The HR person saw me call out the lie, knew it was a lie and fired me anyway, leaving me completely wrecked. It’s one thing to be fired on performance, but something that was not only easily disproven but knowing that and just pushing on with it anyhow.

Turns out said company had their stock price completely loving tank when I was out of the country. Coincidence, that.

I got a new job after a month that lead me to my first “actually loving progressing in a workplace” job in the loving Hamptons.

Getting fired absolutely sucks and even that one time still makes me anxious at workplaces because it was so vague and out of nowhere. I still get paranoid. But…it happens and you move on. Give yourself designated sad time, because it’s traumatic and you gotta process that, and then, climb out of it. It won’t be easy but it will get easier as you do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I hope it goes well with you. I may be joining you tomorrow.