Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Percy Teatwillow posted:

who is throwing lovely toilet paper in your cart

*raises paw*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As a retail worker, I'll say that it's cool if you do return your cart, but if someone actually yells at you about it then they're the rear end in a top hat. If you at least leave it in the parking lot for the same store than you're doing fine.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

smoke carts every day

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
until they stark leaking :-/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
One time I left my cart in a parking spot. I was almost home when I felt a crushing wave of guilt overwhelm me with the force of a thousand overweight dobermans. I immediately made an illegal u-turn, swerving into oncoming traffic, and went back to the store, ignoring all traffic lights and crosswalks on the way. To my chagrin, my cart was gone. Someone else had returned it for me. For the next 5 months I spent 4-14 hours a day in that store's parking lot, even when they were closed, waiting for people to not return carts, so that I could return them, and pay back my spiritual and emotional debt. One time when I was returning some carts to the front of the store I was walking by a group of employees smoking, and one of them said something that sounded like "That weird guy is back" but I know what they were really saying:

There goes a hero.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This got a genuine laugh out of me.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I've lost my entire afternoon to this channel.

Bless you for the link.

The Texas one where the guy pulls a gun, racks it, and the cops go "Yeah, it was his car and his gun, nothing to be done" is so fuckin on brand for Texas.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i simply bring my own cart, its like those people that bring their own bowling ball to the alley

yeah i got the microcell memory foam grip upgrade, the carbon fiber framing for less weight, aluminum basket, and i recently got the robinson-style bearings for the wheels although i'm thinking of going with misumi bearings for the steering rotation. anyone have experience with that?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Twitch posted:

As a retail worker, I'll say that it's cool if you do return your cart, but if someone actually yells at you about it then they're the rear end in a top hat. If you at least leave it in the parking lot for the same store than you're doing fine.

Gbs: :byodood: me: :boom:

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The thing with the corals is the half size carts. Put the half size ones on one side and the full sized ones on the other so they all stack neatly in two rows. Nope. Take the cart to the coral and just chuck it in there willy-nilly making a mess of carts to be sorted out. Why did you even bother?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I make sure to stack the carts more efficiently to save space, like lawn chairs.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Percy Teatwillow posted:

who is throwing lovely toilet paper in your cart

The loving government.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Put your trolley back you lazy fucks. Leaving them strewn about the car park is just scumbag behaviour when they obstruct spaces and can roll into and damage other people's cars.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
you don't have to return your cart. and you don't have to wear shoes, because barefoot is legal. i leave it as an exercise to the reader as to the relationship of these two concepts.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Put your trolley back you lazy fucks. Leaving them strewn about the car park is just scumbag behaviour when they obstruct spaces and can roll into and damage other people's cars.

There's no law that says I'm responsible for what happens to a trolley when it's no longer under my control. Maybe you should park you car more carefully in future?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's no law that says I'm responsible for what happens to a trolley when it's no longer under my control. Maybe you should park you car more carefully in future?

"I'm going to leave a trolley wherever I want and if it rolls into your car and damages it because I was too lazy then that's on you"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm sorry but you're the lazy one here. The world doesn't revolve around you. You can't expect everyone to go out of their way just to convenience you. If you don't want your car to get damaged don't park it where it's going to be hit by a trolley.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I couldn't care less about other people's cars but making extra work for minimum wage workers makes you massive dickhead, simple as that

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Every blow in the war on cars is righteous and deserving of honor, even if standby carts get hurt

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
If your huge expensive car is getting damaged by a pathetic little shopping trolley that sounds like a car design problem.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Skarsnik posted:

I couldn't care less about other people's cars but making extra work for minimum wage workers makes you massive dickhead, simple as that

Ah yes, here we go again. Ever the champion of the working class but let me ask you this: When's the last time you let one of them sleep in your guest house? I provide them with regular employment as panel beaters and trolley boys while you provide them with what, exactly? Your heartfelt good will?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
if you think about it you don't *have* to do *anything*. laws aren't real

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

One of my goals as a parent is to raise a person who returns their cart.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

"my child is a retail worker" proudly stickered on the back of the car

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
In Soviet Russia, cart returns YOU!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I return my cart, but I don’t have to because I am a freeman on the land

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Turpitude II posted:

you don't have to return your cart. and you don't have to wear shoes, because barefoot is legal. i leave it as an exercise to the reader as to the relationship of these two concepts.

No joke, every once in a while I encounter a barefoot enthusiast at work, and I don't say poo poo. Shoes are store policy, not mine.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The ones where you have to put a coin in offer the perfect way for the cart boy to make enough tips in a day to buy a gram of weed and who am I to deny him that?

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I set up in the corral in the downward dog position so people pit the carts directly in my rear end

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sometimes I push the cart into the corral and it doesn't fully engage with the cart stack, but I don't go in there and push it the final few inches, because that would be admitting defeat and I would lose face

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Twitch posted:

Cart Narcs don’t yell. They are quite calm.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Twitch posted:

as a customer service rep I feel this because at some point doing average-customer-facing work, you realize most people are so persistently bad at poo poo like this and get their ego so tied up in not changing it becomes vastly easier to just do this kind of thing for them than try to make every single one of them shape up complete with intense pettiness and anger over being asked to do something they don't care about and aren't affected by personally

as a person who prefers to try and make poo poo better or at least not worse for my coming and going generally, it's really frustrating to see people just toss caring about things like this out the window. what's next, throwing your poo poo on the ground instead of in the trash can because it's four steps out of your way? not using your turn signal no matter where you go?

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Herds of Carts flying through Walmart parking lots in the dark during wind storms. I watched rednecks unload cart fulls of beer and abandon the cart behind Chrysler station wagons. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
How do some of these carts end up way on the other side of the shopping district at the completely wrong store :psyduck:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leaving your cart out in the middle of nowhere does make sense. Every second the employee spends fetching your cart is another second they get to look busy before going back inside.

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

super sweet best pal posted:

Leaving your cart out in the middle of nowhere does make sense. Every second the employee spends fetching your cart is another second they get to look busy before going back inside.

while I do make it a point to take my cart back, this is also a good point and ultimately it comes down to the individual working at any given time. the answer here is to seek out corrallers and ask them their preference before making any final decisions on cart returns.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'll take your cart back at Aldi for you OP. I'm keeping the quarter though.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

if I was a retail employee I would definitely rather be outside playing cart detective then inside dealing with customers lmao

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Percy Teatwillow posted:

while I do make it a point to take my cart back, this is also a good point and ultimately it comes down to the individual working at any given time. the answer here is to seek out corrallers and ask them their preference before making any final decisions on cart returns.

I prefer the term cart tart and I leave thems carts beside people who double park or people who drive big trucks where you know they’ve never actually hauled anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Online shopping should have a little cart return mini game after you check out, IMO