Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

not using your turn signal no matter where you go?

I live in Washington what the gently caress is a turn signal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Code Jockey posted:

I live in Washington what the gently caress is a turn signal

pretend I was talking about some other kind of signal to let another driver actually know your intentions before just barrelling onto the road into a possibly dangerous situation without a care in the world. if the latter is the rule of the road where you are, pretend you're somewhere that's somewhat less filled with anarchy

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I often offer to take an empty cart from someone if I'm heading into the same store or toward a cart corral, especially if they have that panicked look when they are thinking about ditching it

But I have also been much less polite than the cart narc guy to egregious offenders

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
I used to work as a bagger at a grocery store as my first job out of high school and I have to say that folks who aren't returning their carts to the cart corrals are gigantic pieces of poo poo. Nice honeypot OP!

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Goons putting their carts away after unloading them:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I always return my cart and give a small frown when there's loose carts around. That said, that cart narc guy is doing some real dweeb bullshit and it'd be no surprise if he got himself assaulted.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I leave my cart as far away as possible so the cart collectors keep their jobs. People who put their carts back are doing scab work for free

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hmm i disagree, op

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

“One day I’ll own the supermarket and I don’t wanna pay any lazy rear end cart collectors”

They think as they happily attempt to make jobs obsolete as if it’s their duty

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Target employs “Cart Attendants“ but I refer to them as FART Attendants :cool:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Twitch posted:

As a retail worker, I'll say that it's cool if you do return your cart, but if someone actually yells at you about it then they're the rear end in a top hat. If you at least leave it in the parking lot for the same store than you're doing fine.

also as a retail worker who at one point was those cart pushers, put the carts in the corrals you rear end holes. theres like 20 of them and they're like 5 parking spaces away from you at most. make some schlub 16-22 year olds life easier

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Roobanguy posted:

make some schlub 16-22 year olds life easier

It’ll be way easier for them when they’re out of a job.

Nice try, Sam Walton

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
In europe you need to pay a deposit (2 silver crowns) and don't get it back unless you return the cart (aka handtrolley) to the rack (aka trolleystation).

USA owned again

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Withnail posted:

In europe you need to pay a deposit (2 silver crowns) and don't get it back unless you return the cart (aka handtrolley) to the rack (aka trolleystation).

USA owned again

Blackmailed into servitude :sad:

having fun posting
Feb 22, 2021
I always put my cart back at meijer but I hate people who drive diagonally through the parking lot at high speeds and am considering stopping putting my cart back to disincentivize this behavior.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

we have Aldi in the states and they do have the cart-coin system. There are also way less workers at Aldi compared to a US supermarket. Coincidence?

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kBcm-ls8Y

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Put your coins in the cart at the front of the cart train, then take them all and run them right out of the parking lot :killdozer:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Snowy posted:

It’ll be way easier for them when they’re out of a job.

Nice try, Sam Walton

hey mr. job creator, what if instead of having to spend their days outside running down carts because of entitled idiots they could help with stuff inside the store?

better yet what if we changed the system so people did not need to have poo poo jobs like this to have a half-decent life?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

hey mr. job creator, what if instead of having to spend their days outside running down carts because of entitled idiots they could help with stuff inside the store?

That’s fine if you hate the person who just lost a job to make room for the cart attendant

quote:

better yet what if we changed the system so people did not need to have poo poo jobs like this to have a half-decent life?

The job is ok, just make it pay a living wage with benefits

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've seen enough pale and gaunt youths idling gormlessly about inside the supermarket to know that they could well use some time out in the sun.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol you have to make payments to use a loving cart in england

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I wear a hoodie when I go to the grocery store to purchase cornbread fixins and then I return my cart to the corral when I am finished.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tarkus posted:

I always return my cart and give a small frown when there's loose carts around. That said, that cart narc guy is doing some real dweeb bullshit and it'd be no surprise if he got himself assaulted.

He’s a very fast runner, did you not watch the video?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You got to 1 up yourself OP. Flip the cart upside down so the high as gently caress cart collector has to do some actual loving work today. Stick it to the poor.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I hope the OP has learned that returning carts is a Big loving Deal

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Reasonable people: "You should return your cart."

Goons: "Nothing is real. Everything is permitted. Push your court into the ocean. Hail Satan."

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Stick it to the poor.

:hmmyes:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5QyCifgL4g

I just watched the gun one. Is this what america is like? People get kind of annoyed and start cocking their gun immediately?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you touch my car you forfeit your life. It's in the Declaration of Independence.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Caesar Saladin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5QyCifgL4g

I just watched the gun one. Is this what america is like? People get kind of annoyed and start cocking their gun immediately?

In Texas and Florida, yeah.

Rest of the country is catching up though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i don't put my cart back because wrangling carts in the parking lot is the best part of working at a grocery store. no customers bother the cart wrangler and you can gently caress around wasting all sorts of time doing it. i will not deprive someone of that

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rutibex posted:

i don't put my cart back because wrangling carts in the parking lot is the best part of working at a grocery store. no customers bother the cart wrangler and you can gently caress around wasting all sorts of time doing it. i will not deprive someone of that

Whatever you say, lazybones.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

why do you hate workers

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Whatever you say, lazybones.

i'm sure you love self-checkout too

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rutibex posted:

why do you hate workers

Pay them to not get carts, imo. :shrug:

Rutibex posted:

i'm sure you love self-checkout too

gently caress no I throw those machines in the river.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Put your trolley back you lazy fucks. Leaving them strewn about the car park is just scumbag behaviour when they obstruct spaces and can roll into and damage other people's cars.

That's right

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Rutibex posted:

I loved gathering the carts. It was basically another hour break for me. It was basically the only time anyone would say "thank you" to me at that job too. Walk them out to their car and load up their groceries, half rear end "thankyou" mumbled your way as they close the trunk. Walk by and grab their cart when they're done, "oh my god! Thank you so much! You're all so great at this store!"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

There's people who don't put carts back, and there's people who care about their vehicle, not much overlap.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i refer to the hand baskets as "hand carts" even though i guess technically the regular carts are also hand carts???

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a cart needs wheels bruh

DUH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol this 🤡 thinks a basket is a cart. What a maroon!