Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you afraid of the number 13?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because that's how many Super Bowls Tom Brady will ultimately win. 1 10.00%
No, because 7 8 9 and 10! That 7 is way more scarier. :dadjoke: 2 20.00%
After everything that happened in 2020, 13 is the least scariest thing imaginable. 2 20.00%
I like turtles and/or internet polls. 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

It feels like making the wrong choice between both AJ Green/Julio Jones and Dallas/TB D/ST might potentially end my season today. Fingers crossed on both of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

If all the other teams can't play due to covid, can we just say I won and gear up for next year?

You’ve already won this league. If anyone is going to stage a coup and declare themselves the false winner, it’s going to be me.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Kyler Murray just BALLIN ON A BUDGET today.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Lol I'm gonna get eliminated from the playoffs for not trusting Jared Goff

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ShakeZula posted:

Lol I'm gonna get eliminated from the playoffs for not trusting Jared Goff

As far as boneheaded playoff decisions go, this is quite a reasonable one.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

That Cordarrelle Patterson TD that got overturned was clearly a TD and it will loving haunt me if it's the difference here

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I swear to God if I lose because I was too chicken to play Ertz over Pat "Deep" Fryer Mouth.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i hate running backs!!!!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I hereby retract any regrets I may have expressed about benching Jared Goff. Further research indicates that Tyler Huntley is indeed the truth.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I think DK Metcalf should be able to take things home against whatever Cole Kmet does, but if not I am going to have a permanent grudge against Ja'Marr Chase.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Power of Pecota posted:

I think DK Metcalf should be able to take things home against whatever Cole Kmet does, but if not I am going to have a permanent grudge against Ja'Marr Chase.

I thought my team was going to stink out loud and they're actually keeping up. Kmet is wildly inconsistent and the Bears are gonna need to SCORE BIG POINTS with a depleted and illness-stricken defense. That said, I don't really see it happening.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
See y'all next year! :D

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
All my players are injured, I hope that's not a problem going forward!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I can’t believe for like the fourth straight year, Nick Mullens is a viable quarterback. Better grab him now.

This league, man, gotta love it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Huh, Housecarls was my dark horse pick to win it all this year.

I think next year I'm gonna gamble more on RBs late in the draft. No way I'm getting far with this roster the way it is. Duh "sure Chris Carson will miss some time but he's reliable when he plays!"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

I think next year I'm gonna gamble more on RBs late in the draft. No way I'm getting far with this roster the way it is. Duh "sure Chris Carson will miss some time but he's reliable when he plays!"

The secret is to get the good RBs.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Ultimate power mode wasn’t enough this season.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

The Melvin Gordon / Javonte Williams turn picks actually ended up being just about the most consistent thing on my roster. Kyler and Hopkins seemed like league winners at first and then both took giant turds and didn’t stop.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

chrix posted:

I thought my team was going to stink out loud and they're actually keeping up. Kmet is wildly inconsistent and the Bears are gonna need to SCORE BIG POINTS with a depleted and illness-stricken defense. That said, I don't really see it happening.

I did not expect Gabriel Davis or Christian Kirk to pop off like this. If Kmet takes me out here I feel like you're in a good spot going forward, especially if Kirk takes the lion's share of the DeAndre Hopkins targets he can hit a new gear.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

The Melvin Gordon / Javonte Williams turn picks actually ended up being just about the most consistent thing on my roster. Kyler and Hopkins seemed like league winners at first and then both took giant turds and didn’t stop.

I likes the Gordon/Javonte pick at the time, though I thought MGIII would cede more work by like week 6 and been kinda irrelevant by the end of the season. He's clearly the lesser of the two

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I likes the Gordon/Javonte pick at the time, though I thought MGIII would cede more work by like week 6 and been kinda irrelevant by the end of the season. He's clearly the lesser of the two

Talking about my sweet child Melvin like that? Shame!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I did not expect Gabriel Davis or Christian Kirk to pop off like this. If Kmet takes me out here I feel like you're in a good spot going forward, especially if Kirk takes the lion's share of the DeAndre Hopkins targets he can hit a new gear.

I figured with Sanders out and Davis's ability to make the most of opportunities he'd be a good pick. Kirk was my WR1 I received after I traded Keenen Allen away for a QB that actually was going to play (Heineke, who's out hilariously this week)

My team is nothing but scotch tape and bubble gum, I've been VERY lucky to get everyone's bad days and snuck into the playoffs. If I knock you out it'll be a drat shame as you've had a pretty great year,

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Silly Burrito posted:

You’ve already won this league.

I have been declared the winner. You heard it. No takesie backsies.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Starting to get the feeling I'll be the only person in 13 seasons of this to choke away a projected win on a Tuesday

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

That Cordarrelle Patterson TD that got overturned was clearly a TD and it will loving haunt me if it's the difference here

This and getting a breakthrough case of COVID on the same day. Great stuff all around. Let's go Tony Romo division.

E: Also if Ja'Marr Chase has his second worst game of his career instead of the worst it doesn't matter, but oh well

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm assuming that Tyreek being out (and Friermuth being concussed) dooms me here but the way the NFL is collapsing I have no idea anymore.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm assuming that Tyreek being out (and Friermuth being concussed) dooms me here but the way the NFL is collapsing I have no idea anymore.

That TWO IN A ROW feeeeeeeeeelingggggg. Don’t forget to play all Christmas-day players. #tips

Addendum: Go Namath!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

COVID seems very opposed in general to the idea of me having a starting QB.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Tyreek has cleared Covid protocols let's loving gooooooooo!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Tyreek has cleared Covid protocols let's loving gooooooooo!

Opponent didn’t sub out Conner. 2 blessed 2 B stressed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Opponent didn’t sub out Conner. 2 blessed 2 B stressed.

I should be happy to be playing Edmonds against the Connor owner but I'm up against Edmonds in two other leagues right now. :shepface:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Well, with some chaos around Christmas I didn't get my team set at all, so that's a bummer. What can you do, I guess?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I always love having a dominating game when it's completely meaningless.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm gonna lose because the Chiefs being this far up scripts Tyreek out and who the hell even knows what's going on with the RB situation?

Edit: yeah nice of my team to choose this week to put up its worst game of the season. Oh well.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 27, 2021

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm gonna lose because the Chiefs being this far up scripts Tyreek out and who the hell even knows what's going on with the RB situation?

Edit: yeah nice of my team to choose this week to put up its worst game of the season. Oh well.

Yeah, I was lucky as poo poo there and did not deserve the win.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

This is a shock to me. For real.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Well if I have to die, I'm glad it's at the hand of another member of the greatest division in all of fantasy sports, the Tony Romo division.

Also, go to hell Steelers, keeping your busted old QB in for a vanity TD down 30 points

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

This is a shock to me. For real.

My RB situation has been shaky all season and if you told me Chase Edmonds was going to put up nearly as many point as Nick Chubb I would have assumed I won by 40 points.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

ShakeZula posted:

Well if I have to die, I'm glad it's at the hand of another member of the greatest division in all of fantasy sports, the Tony Romo division.

Also, go to hell Steelers, keeping your busted old QB in for a vanity TD down 30 points

Even without the garbage time QB, Zeke seems to be finally showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats to Ninja Bob and chrix as we have our Super Bowl of Placeholder Name vs. Naptown Sleepers in a Romo/Namath Super Bowl!