Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you afraid of the number 13?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because that's how many Super Bowls Tom Brady will ultimately win. 1 10.00%
No, because 7 8 9 and 10! That 7 is way more scarier. :dadjoke: 2 20.00%
After everything that happened in 2020, 13 is the least scariest thing imaginable. 2 20.00%
I like turtles and/or internet polls. 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

My RB situation has been shaky all season and if you told me Chase Edmonds was going to put up nearly as many point as Nick Chubb I would have assumed I won by 40 points.

This is a travesty. We don’t even get to play each other this week for toilet bragging rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Ninja Bob posted:

Yeah, I was lucky as poo poo there and did not deserve the win.

Don't forget to fill your flex spot!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

chrix posted:

Don't forget to fill your flex spot!

Placeholder Name living up to its name the past couple of weeks. The set it and forget it all season mystique. Pure wizardry.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I got in there at the last minute, but yeah, sorry, everything is chaos right now.

Also by "at the last minute" I mean like an hour into the morning games when I went "oh god I didn't check my lineup".

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Love to see everyone going nuts about Ja'Marr Chase winning them their championships when I'm not there because he couldn't get 4.6 points two weeks ago

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Love to see everyone going nuts about Ja'Marr Chase winning them their championships when I'm not there because he couldn't get 4.6 points two weeks ago

Dude has fifty freaking points in another league.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I swear if Aaron Rodgers actually plays well in a 20 team playoff game I'm gonna be pissed. That rear end in a top hat never does anything for me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

9 points and Steelers D/ST vs Justin Jefferson for 3rd place. Can we do it? I don't know! :argh:

Edit: I'm mildly angry that I'm outscoring both of the teams in the championship game.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I believe in Aaron Rodgers... sort of.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

It will be very fitting that I will lose to Aaron loving Rodgers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ninja Bob posted:

I believe in Aaron Rodgers... sort of.

Looks like he came out for you!

Congratulations to Ninja Bob / Placeholder Name for winning season 13 of the 20 Team Fantasy League! You've been added to the Hall of Honor in the OP for now and evermore.

If you want to add the 20 team champion gangtag , just let me know.

Congrats!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Congratulations!!! DM me for a link to the champion's subscriber portal - just a small application fee to ensure your good pedigree and then, assuming you're the person we think you are, we'll give you the access pass to the clubhouse. Welcome to your new life!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Namath RISINGGGGGGGG

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Congrats!

Assuming Pittsburgh's D/ST meets projections tomorrow because I don't think I'll remember to check this after that's settled - of the 24 scores the playoff teams put up over the last three weeks, I had #1, #2, and #9 on the list. That #9 just ran into #5 in the first round.

The champs won with #10 (against #19), #17 (against #20), and #16 (against #23) respectively.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Congrats!

Assuming Pittsburgh's D/ST meets projections tomorrow because I don't think I'll remember to check this after that's settled - of the 24 scores the playoff teams put up over the last three weeks, I had #1, #2, and #9 on the list. That #9 just ran into #5 in the first round.

The champs won with #10 (against #19), #17 (against #20), and #16 (against #23) respectively.

Perfectly fitting for this league, it’s just so unpredictable, even more so than the usual leagues.

That reminds me, I don’t have any major changes planned for next year for the league, but is there anything y’all want to see/vote on? The only change this year was the schedule being lengthened by a week but that was pretty much done automatically by ESPN.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Congrats, Placeholder!

The only non-Montana worthy of winning the trophy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

So what would happen if I were to remove the Steelers D/ST from my lineup and both me and Flowers for Edgerrin were stuck at 85.1 points each? Can you even have a tie in a playoff game?

Congrats to Placeholder Name!

Edit: and just found my answer. Says the highest seeded team advances so I guess playoff tie is not possible.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 3, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Silly Burrito posted:

Perfectly fitting for this league, it’s just so unpredictable, even more so than the usual leagues.

That reminds me, I don’t have any major changes planned for next year for the league, but is there anything y’all want to see/vote on? The only change this year was the schedule being lengthened by a week but that was pretty much done automatically by ESPN.

Kind of a sweeping change so maybe I am in the minority, but I am not missing defenses and kickers in my leagues that have removed them, what about replacing both of them with either a 3rd flex or a single IDP slot to bring us to an even number of rounds?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Thanks everyone, it was a fun season! Namath forever!

I'd totally take the gang tag, would it get rid of whatever other tag I have? Everyone should know of my victory.

Also, I'm always down for getting rid of kickers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ninja Bob posted:

I'd totally take the gang tag, would it get rid of whatever other tag I have? Everyone should know of my victory.

Cool, I will ask and see what I can do. We’ll get your gang tag working and I don’t think you’ll have to lose what you’ve got now. Congrats again!

On the requests for league changes, what I’m thinking is list all requests, and when we start the next year’s thread, we’ll include all proposals with a certain date cutoff for voting. That way anyone who is a member of the league for season 14 will have a fair shot at voting, and we’ll just make it majority of votes cast wins. Sound fair?

So right now we’d have a vote for a proposal like this when everyone checks back into the league.

1. Propose we remove defenses and kickers. (Yes/No)
2. If #1 passes, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (3rd flex/IDP/None)

Something along those lines. I’m flexible and want to make sure everyone gets their chance to be heard.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ninja Bob posted:

Do you want all three visible at once, or to rotate through the three?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I suggest we add two more TE slots

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Power of Pecota posted:

Are there even 60 TEs?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

8 ppr

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Punt/kick return yards would add wr depth for sure

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Punt/kick return yards would add wr depth for sure

We have that now unless you mean something else:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Didn’t even know that lol

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Power of Pecota posted:

More TEs the better. High flying high scoring position.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Didn’t even know that lol

The only reason I once started Devin Duvernay this year.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Sorry for the triple post but…

Punters. We need to add punters. For sure.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can we add a special team missile?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Hey! I worked drat hard for years to get defenses to where they are today, don't you dare ruin my legacy :mad:

e: I will compromise. Fire all kickers into the sun.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

Hey! I worked drat hard for years to get defenses to where they are today, don't you dare ruin my legacy :mad:

e: I will compromise. Fire all kickers into the sun.

I can split that request up next year into one request for deleting defenses, one for deleting kickers. Nothing is permanent so if we make a change and don’t like it, we can always revert back the next year.

Also, nice tag, Ninja Bob. Thanks Nodoze!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 8, 2022

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I want to keep defenses but I'd like to revert to the scoring where they can get to negative points if they have enough points hung on them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

I want to keep defenses but I'd like to revert to the scoring where they can get to negative points if they have enough points hung on them.

Like standard ESPN scoring?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm slightly against getting rid of kickers or D/ST but very much so in this league. The non-standard scoring for defenses makes them actually relevant here, and that's a good thing when we all have to spend time picking at scraps for one or two positions now and again in any given season. Especially if you were to drop them for another flex. The worst D/ST in this league this year (the Jags :barf:) still averaged 8.7 points per game, and they were the only one under 10/ppg. Dropping that for an extra WR that might get two targets? A backup RB who get 2 carries and a reception per game? Eh, no thanks.

I've always thought that TE was a worse problem. Every season there's about 3-4 guys who put up points reliably week-to-week, a handful of others that are 50/50 on getting a TD to make them relevant, and then a whole lotta nothing. I'll never understand why it's somehow a problem for kickers to be getting ~120 points every season but somehow better than half the TEs in the league never meet that and it's fine. I don't mean here specifically, just generally. Kickers fall into that same realm as QBs do where their points are somewhat more stable from one to the next. Like I'd literally rather play an extra kicker than 2/3s of the TEs available.

I would legit be on board with adding punters. Looking at punters during the draft and trying to decide on which one's team is the most hopeless sounds like a hoot.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Is there a way to make it such that one can FLEX a kicker? That'd be wild. I'd also flex a kicker over most TEs and many bad WRs too.

On it's face I don't like getting rid of kickers and DST for this league. This is the league of chaos, so we basically can't get rid of those things.

If we moved towards allowing defenses to get negative again -- I'd say it's... okay, but maybe not too deep into the negatives. As is stands, defenses are basically vehicles for "can they pick six, fumble six, or return kicks and punts for touchdowns". Most of the time the points against are given up and it's all about stacking stats. I've actually grown to like that defense model -- particularly for this league.

Punters was mostly a joke, but... now we have to, right? Can we FLEX those too? If so, I'll start both Colquitt brothers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, might as well keep a list for season 14 proposals to keep it clear. I'll add this to the second post in the thread to keep it separate. I didn't add what I thought were jokes, but if you were serious and I'm mistaken, let me know. If you want to modify or pull your proposal, just tell me.

1. Propose we remove defenses (Yes/No)
2. Propose we remove kickers (Yes/No)
3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (3rd flex/IDP/None)
4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (Yes/No)
5. Propose we add punters (Yes/No)

EconDad posted:

Is there a way to make it such that one can FLEX a kicker? That'd be wild. I'd also flex a kicker over most TEs and many bad WRs too.

Punters was mostly a joke, but... now we have to, right? Can we FLEX those too? If so, I'll start both Colquitt brothers.

From what I could tell, no, you can't flex a kicker or punter. There is an Offensive Player Utility roster spot , but that would essentially be a superflex spot and would make QBs even more scarce. https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003939432-Roster-Slots-Offense-

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 15, 2022

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

1. Propose we remove defenses (Yes/No)
2. Propose we remove kickers (Yes/No)
3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (3rd flex/IDP/None)
4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (Yes/No)
5. Propose we add punters (Yes/No)

My votes would be:

1. No
2. No
3. 3rd Flex > IDP > None
4. Yes
5. Yes

If we're waiting until next season to vote I understand that but I'll be back next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

My votes would be:

1. No
2. No
3. 3rd Flex > IDP > None
4. Yes
5. Yes

If we're waiting until next season to vote I understand that but I'll be back next year.

Yeah, what I'm planning is when we open the Season 14 thread, when people check back in, they read the proposals and vote then. That way everyone who is playing in that season gets a fair chance to vote. Probably around Julyish? Hopefully everyone comes back, or if someone drops, we fill it quickly so we can finish the voting, but either way we would set a date before the draft and count all the votes given then and adjust the league settings accordingly.