Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you afraid of the number 13?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because that's how many Super Bowls Tom Brady will ultimately win. 1 10.00%
No, because 7 8 9 and 10! That 7 is way more scarier. :dadjoke: 2 20.00%
After everything that happened in 2020, 13 is the least scariest thing imaginable. 2 20.00%
I like turtles and/or internet polls. 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

:siren: Calling all commish :siren:

So the stupid ESPN has not been letting me move players that are designated IR to the IR slots. I complained about this slightly last season but it didn't really matter because who the hell am I going to pick up week 9 in this league anyway? Anyway, fast forward to today, still have same problem but now it matters. With Russell Wilson down for a few weeks I'd like at least a shot of claiming Geno Smith on waivers, but I can't move Will Fuller to IR where he belongs. Also when Wilson gets the IR designation, I'd love to be able to stash him there as well. How fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

:siren: Calling all commish :siren:

So the stupid ESPN has not been letting me move players that are designated IR to the IR slots. I complained about this slightly last season but it didn't really matter because who the hell am I going to pick up week 9 in this league anyway? Anyway, fast forward to today, still have same problem but now it matters. With Russell Wilson down for a few weeks I'd like at least a shot of claiming Geno Smith on waivers, but I can't move Will Fuller to IR where he belongs. Also when Wilson gets the IR designation, I'd love to be able to stash him there as well. How fix?

Are you using the phone app or the website? Because if you're using the phone app, it should just allow you to move them there. But, if you're using the website, it is a little wonky. You can't just move them to the IR slots for whatever reason, you have to press the Manage IR button to do so.

Try the manage IR button or the phone app and see if it allows you to move Fuller. If not, I'm pretty sure I can but one of those two methods should allow you to fix your IR issue.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

darkwolf220 posted:

I'd like at least a shot of claiming Geno Smith on waivers

I nominate this for the Season 14 thread title

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

I nominate this for the Season 14 thread title

Definitely a good candidate

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Yea, ESPN IR is a little less intuitive than yahoo or whatever where it is not just an extra bench spot, but you need to click that button. First IR of the season I always take a minute to figure it out. Luckily I am up to like 4 or 5 now so I am a seasoned veteran of clicking the IR button. If it is not that then I don't know what the issue is.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Why the gently caress would they do that? Why add more steps, even from strictly a programming view? I don't remember this being a thing in years gone by, so they actively added it? Wow.

Also, thank you for your help, Fuller to IR, claim on Geno in. Just let me have him everyone, I am debasing myself even making this claim, let me wallow in my miserable filth.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

darkwolf220 posted:

Why the gently caress would they do that? Why add more steps, even from strictly a programming view? I don't remember this being a thing in years gone by, so they actively added it? Wow.

Also, thank you for your help, Fuller to IR, claim on Geno in. Just let me have him everyone, I am debasing myself even making this claim, let me wallow in my miserable filth.

They definitely had it last year and yeah it makes zero sense.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
:sigh:

1-4 sucks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m starting to hate ESPN. This morning after the games started it showed me starting McCaffrey even though I know I sat him and moved Carter into the RB slot with Toney in the flex. Now it’s showing the correct lineup. I don’t need this aggravation.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Losing my first and second picks to injury in the same week? drat I'm good.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hard to do anything but laugh when you score 80 points and still manage to lose by getting doubled-up.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
12 teams above 100 this week, that has to be a record?

Edit, it is not a stand alone record, since last year week 3 also had 12 teams, but I think the point totals were higher this week. Also too lazy to look at previous years.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 12, 2021

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Man, even when guys seriously over perform, I still can't catch a break. This isn't a 1-4 team :mad:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

*sigh* so close. Just a perfect storm of nothing bouncing right this week.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Third highest score but still a wet, stinky L

Fantasy Football is a fickle god

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Apparently my "strategy" of drafting all cardinals and broncos isn't WORKING.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

If anyone's interested in trading a QB with no value outside of "is probably active in week 7" for something, I threw out some offers but I'm also listening to offers

E: I also had a failed waiver claim on Geno Smith this week

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
If Tyrod Taylor is active by week 7 I will have either him or Geno Smith :smug: available. Taylor was supposed to be back this week, but he is still getting held out, though I think it is likely he will be back next week. Kind of surprised I got Smith, I had 11th waiver priority.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 14, 2021

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ha! Which 5-0 rear end in a top hat scooped up perpetual all-star Geno Smith. Oh, right. I hope you have to start him now :)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I have given myself a spooky Halloween name for the remainder of October OOooOOoooOOoooOO.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I have given myself a spooky Halloween name for the remainder of October OOooOOoooOOoooOO.

I just pooped in my pants from fear. I also pooped in your pants though too. Fair (fear) is fair (fear)!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oh whew! I thought it was just because I'd been drinking!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Dallas SB Champions?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Dallas SB Champions?

AHH! Don't DO that! :mad:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
There is nothing in this world… that I enjoy more than beating Quiet Feet. NOTHING!!!

No amount of kicker drops and pickups can save you now!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

There is nothing in this world… that I enjoy more than beating Quiet Feet. NOTHING!!!

No amount of kicker drops and pickups can save you now!

I'm happy for you. This is just like when Tom Brady stayed in for 3/4s of the 2018 Eagles/Pats preseason game and won. :unsmith:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm happy for you. This is just like when Tom Brady stayed in for 3/4s of the 2018 Eagles/Pats preseason game and won. :unsmith:

3-3 and feelin' so free.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ooh, there was a tie! It's beautiful!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Wonderful, the week my backup QB is on a bye, Baker Mayfield is inactive.

Anyone willing to trade a starting QB for Keenen Allen or Emmanuel Sanders? I can throw in Big Ben if you'd still need a backup.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

chrix posted:

Wonderful, the week my backup QB is on a bye, Baker Mayfield is inactive.

Anyone willing to trade a starting QB for Keenen Allen or Emmanuel Sanders? I can throw in Big Ben if you'd still need a backup.

"yay we did it" - me

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

EconDad posted:

"yay we did it" - me

:kiss:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Ooh, there was a tie! It's beautiful!

I missed a tie? Dammit.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lock Picks and San Francisco POM both with 114.3.

This puts Lock Picks a half game ahead in Dan Marino too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

This week we've got the #1 and #2 highest scoring teams in the league facing off with starting QB/RB tandems of Geno Smith/Nyheim Hines vs. Taysom Hill/Cordarrelle Patterson

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

This week we've got the #1 and #2 highest scoring teams in the league facing off with starting QB/RB tandems of Geno Smith/Nyheim Hines vs. Taysom Hill/Cordarrelle Patterson

It's the little things that make this league the best

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Am I really going to lose by 0.1? Nice.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pulling for Marques Callaway to somehow score 42+ points in a Kamara like game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Pulling for Marques Callaway to somehow score 42+ points in a Kamara like game.

SB, I want you to know I'm rooting like hell for the Saints D/ST tonight but none of this silliness.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

SB, I want you to know I'm rooting like hell for the Saints D/ST tonight but none of this silliness.

Ah yes the Kamara game. Now who was it who felt the pain of that one? Ah yes. Me.

Still smirking over that win of the skeletons last week. That smirk is all I have as consolation for that end of last season pain.

I will pay dearly for this soon enough by the fantasy gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I have a creeping feeling that Geno Smith is going to drive a dagger into my heart tonight