Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dustin winning the belt off Charles and then Conor getting the least deserved title shot of all time only to get his rear end beat into a paste will be very satisfying at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t cared about mma for years, my friend just texted me about Poirier fight and just a hearty lol.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope the next fight conor says dustins going to the morgue

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

beep by grandpa posted:

Aight i've been digesting this, so, at first I was screaming at the TV and my friends how bullshit it was that Herb didn't stop the fight when Conor was laying there in fetal position getting his face beaten in for those last 15 seconds, and how angry I was that this might go to a doctor's stoppage and give Conor leverage for a fourth fight, but after some thought, this is the coolest thing that has ever happened ever.

HOW OFTEN, my friends, do you get to see a southern louisiana get literal death threats and really hosed up claims of dustin's wife sliding into his DMs and poo poo, telling him all these vile, lovely things, trying to kick him in the weighs ins, cheating during the fight, acting completely outside of the rules that all the athletes must adhere to, all leading to a 1st round stoppage getting his rear end kicked so bad he snaps his own foot, and we got to see a multi hundred-millionaire get hosed up so bad that he literally can't even stand up under his own power and has to be taken out of the arena in a stretcher. Dustin said Conor may have millions of dollars, but he can't buy heart and then Dustin tons of poo poo to him and Conor literally physically couldn't do a god drat thing about it than sit there and take it.

Dustin didn't beat conor, he nullified, humiliated and destroyed him. Conor isn't going to be able to walk on his own for possibly months and tbh I don't think we are ever going to see him in the octagon again after that. When would you ever get to see something so sweet and just and perfect? :discourse:

We absolutely will get a fourth fight out of this because Child McSoreLoser will cry to Dana that this ‘doesn’t count’ despite, as you said, getting completely dominated. Hell, it sounds like Dana already confirmed it.

I just want this motherfucker to go away. He’s MMA poison.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dana will 100% push Conor vs Dustin 4 or anything with Conor cause at this point it's probably 'make what we can off him till we can't anymore'

Sort of like putting Ronda against Nunes. Just milk the money till they can't. Conor will probably still draw cause causals are dumb

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Lol Dana won’t say that Conor won’t get an immediate title shot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A fighter like Conor who is entrely reliant on movement to be effective and is almost entirely ineffective when still is not going to come back from an ankle break well.
Tied in to the fact that he's just generally not up there with the cream of the crop ability wise, the UFC are going to market it as a grand return, pack that arena with super spreaders and get Poirier utterly paid before he kills Conor inside a round before Conor gets a gimme for a swansong.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Automator posted:

Lol Dana won’t say that Conor won’t get an immediate title shot

if conor can somehow heal his leg that quickly, it would basically be spitting in god's face to deny him a title shot

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

MotU posted:

i hope the next fight conor says dustins going to the morgue

right kick hospital, left kick morgue except it is the exact cro-cop reversal of fortune

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

lol RDA going in for it too:

https://twitter.com/RdosAnjosMMA/status/1414081135676563457

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Aegis Bear posted:

We absolutely will get a fourth fight out of this because Child McSoreLoser will cry to Dana that this ‘doesn’t count’ despite, as you said, getting completely dominated. Hell, it sounds like Dana already confirmed it.

I just want this motherfucker to go away. He’s MMA poison.

Ayo can you loving imagine how badass it would be if Dustin turned down the millions and millions of dollars for a Conor 4 just to say (rightfully) a guy 1-3 in the division that he's finished twice doesn't deserve it? This will never happen but this would make Dustin absolute LEGENDARY #1 GOAT in my eyes literally forever. Sorry if my posts are cringe but I am so loving happy right now I'm just dreaming for the stars tonight :allears:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Connor sacrificing all his limbs and his dignity so Dustin and the charity he promotes can get paid is the most selfless thing he'll ever do, tbh.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Ayo can you loving imagine how badass it would be if Dustin turned down the millions and millions of dollars for a Conor 4 just to say (rightfully) a guy 1-3 in the division that he's finished twice doesn't deserve it? This will never happen but this would make Dustin absolute LEGENDARY #1 GOAT in my eyes literally forever. Sorry if my posts are cringe but I am so loving happy right now I'm just dreaming for the stars tonight :allears:

Lol I just wanna keep posting and talking poo poo I’m so over the moon

Fuckin compound mcfracture

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

That was a wild night. UFC is pretty cool.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Unperson_47 posted:

Connor sacrificing all his limbs and his dignity so Dustin and the charity he promotes can get paid is the most selfless thing he'll ever do, tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amazing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Isn't Conor's birthday this week too :lol:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Isn't Conor's birthday this week too :lol:

Happy birthday conor, sorry dustin put u in a wheelchair

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

He's gonna have so much time for salty tweets while lying around healing that leg lol

Can't wait to see what cringe worthy banter he comes up with

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I believe that Dustin has enough integrity and is finished enough with Conor that he won't sign to fight him again, or at least that he'll put terms on the fight that the UFC and Conor won't accept.

Dustin has tons of other great fights to sign, and he can make plenty of money without putting his family through that kind of poo poo again for the sake of proving a point that he has already proven. And consider that Conor will make more money off of a hypothetical rematch than Dustin will.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
people at the bar already making excuses

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Conor..... smd

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:lol:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

CommonShore posted:

I believe that Dustin has enough integrity and is finished enough with Conor that he won't sign to fight him again, or at least that he'll put terms on the fight that the UFC and Conor won't accept.

Dustin has tons of other great fights to sign, and he can make plenty of money without putting his family through that kind of poo poo again for the sake of proving a point that he has already proven. And consider that Conor will make more money off of a hypothetical rematch than Dustin will.

I've already seen a promo image of Conor ready for the 4th fight though

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dana would be horny as heck if it played out like that, Conor vs tferg being immediately booked for the interim belt after Dustin refuses to fight

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress, I’d laugh myself into a heart attack if that happened.

The Automator posted:

Fuckin compound mcfracture

I’m crying

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dustin came off 100% classy (and badass after the fight) throughout every single moment of the press tour up through the end of the fights. I was hootin and hollarin at the tv in the post fight with dc, rogan when they were showing Dustin pointing DIRECTLY at Conor's foot when he knew something was up.

If conor didn't snap his own ankle like a twig I think he was getting finished in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think Conor would have been way too tired after all of that wrestling for Dustin to not wind up teeing off on him like a punching bag like in January

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/benfowlkesMMA/status/1414094466483310598?s=19

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Dustin should refuse a 4th fight so Nate can take it instead

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat beaten by Dana white

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving incredible :lol:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I can't wait for Cowboy x Conor 2

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still thinking about that dude at the press conference who said,"You've won one fight since Obama stopped being the President" :allears:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Could he even shoot for a 4th fight? According to others who have broken their bone in that area, it’s apparently a really bad spot and may actually be a career ender for McGregor?

(Oh no, such a great loss for MMA, the horror etc.)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah the next fight for Conor is either boxing the most competent Paul brother or finishing the Diaz trilogy. Dustin's got a date with Oliveira.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Aegis Bear posted:

Could he even shoot for a 4th fight? According to others who have broken their bone in that area, it’s apparently a really bad spot and may actually be a career ender for McGregor?

(Oh no, such a great loss for MMA, the horror etc.)

think that's wishful thinking. you can adapt around fairly serious injuries in mma. it's possible he never fights like he once did, but hard to see him never fighting again.

that said, i seriously doubt he recovers in time to stop poirier getting a title shot

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

It would be funny to see Conor knocked out by a Paul

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Let the old guy Conor punched get his receipt now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it's interesting how drastically my dislike of conor has changed over the years. i used to not like him because i genuinely believed he was being given hand-picked opponents that would play directly to his strengths, but he was still extremely entertaining and the shitfight after he ko'd jose in a few seconds was amazing.

that dislike changed during the bus incident from spoiled brat who backed up the poo poo he talked to 'oh, this guy is a violent dickhead'. he lost any mitigating 'entertainment' points in my view.

tonight it changed again to a sort of visceral disgust. conor was humiliated by poirier and then proceeded to humiliate himself further completely unprompted. and it was all completely unnecessary. for money he did not need, he decided that if he was going to carry on being a fragile, violent, has-been, he may as well get rid of any dignity he had too. all that's left is an empty vessel full to the brim of some of the worst aspects of being a person.

thank you for reading my serious thoughts on why and how i don't like the cocaine man.