Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

also, joes commentary was as expected terrible for this fight

https://streamable.com/ac9fia

Joe says conor stunned dustin with a left hand when he clearly didn't.

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1414078264025382920

dustin landing good clean shots one after the other, that are clearly hurting mcgregor to the point he clinches up, and all joe can say is "oh, oh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Let's say conor recovers and fights dustin again, or even hate. He won't be throwing those leg kicks ever again, which was obviously his major adjustment against both of his rematches after losing.

Well I have a feeling conor won't be throwing many leg kicks like that anymore because I'm a psychic. So, what the gently caress is even his gameplan????

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I’m seriously considering going to church in the morning and slipping part of my take from that fight to the homie upstairs for blessing us tonight

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Well, I mean, not sure if it that clip but dustin even said in the post fight that he got caught by something that stunned him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marching Powder posted:

thank you for reading my serious thoughts on why and how i don't like the cocaine man.

Yeah the bus assault marked the same turning point for me too, even if the thread the weekend it happened was incredibly entertaining as a result of that entire mess.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The water safety princess penis incident was the peak of Conor McGregor comedy though

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

"im not owned, im not owned!!" Conor yells as his foot shrinks and transforms into a drumstick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CommonShore posted:

The water safety princess penis incident was the peak of Conor McGregor comedy though

hang on, what?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ringo Roadagain posted:

dustin landing good clean shots one after the other, that are clearly hurting mcgregor to the point he clinches up, and all joe can say is "oh, oh"

I mean do you expect any commentary from Joe on a Conor fight other than “gluk gluk gluk gluk, mmm *gasp gag* gluk gluk gluk”

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Well, I mean, not sure if it that clip but dustin even said in the post fight that he got caught by something that stunned him

oops, I missed that. still bad commentary

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1414098961472933890?s=20

:getin:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aegis Bear posted:

I mean do you expect any commentary from Joe on a Conor fight other than “gluk gluk gluk gluk, mmm *gasp gag* gluk gluk gluk”

WATCH OUT WATCH OUT FOR THE GUILLOTINE

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

hang on, what?

Conor McGregor signed on to do some boat tour with a literal Princess of Monaco, starting in Greece and going all the way to Ireland or some poo poo - a big charity thing. For like 2 months before it started he was tweeting about it and various water safety-related poo poo and news stories quite regularly. Stuff like quote tweeting a BBC news story about girls getting disoriented near the Isle of Wight with like "and this is why it's always important to bring good GPS and radios when going out on the water."

And then the night before they were set to start the tour he got arrested for pulling his tocker out on some Aegean resort island and the tour was cancelled.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CommonShore posted:

Conor McGregor signed on to do some boat tour with a literal Princess of Monaco, starting in Greece and going all the way to Ireland or some poo poo - a big charity thing. For like 2 months before it started he was tweeting about it and various water safety-related poo poo and news stories quite regularly. Stuff like quote tweeting a BBC news story about girls getting disoriented near the Isle of Wight with like "and this is why it's always important to bring good GPS and radios when going out on the water."

And then the night before they were set to start the tour he got arrested for pulling his tocker out on some Aegean resort island and the tour was cancelled.

i have no idea how but all of that is completely new to me.

lol.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ufc264, in summary

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

barstool fan replies there are predictably salty about Conor eating poo poo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Good for Moutinho getting a big payday with the 75k bonuses on this card. https://www.instagram.com/p/CRLQ1lqLP5o/?utm_medium=copy_link

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Le Saboteur posted:

Good for Moutinho getting a big payday with the 75k bonuses on this card. https://www.instagram.com/p/CRLQ1lqLP5o/?utm_medium=copy_link

Oh nice, good for him.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
How does anyone look at that Conor interview and not just laugh at the guy after that? Barely intelligible, maybe even a broken jaw, head all bashed up, and talking poo poo like he had anything left to offer? I agree with the poster who basically said once an rear end in a top hat, always an rear end in a top hat, it's completely who he is.
gently caress that guy. Hope his chin is cracked and Nate puts him out cold when they fight again.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

acejackson42 posted:

How does anyone look at that Conor interview and not just laugh at the guy after that? Barely intelligible, maybe even a broken jaw, head all bashed up, and talking poo poo like he had anything left to offer? I agree with the poster who basically said once an rear end in a top hat, always an rear end in a top hat, it's completely who he is.
gently caress that guy. Hope his chin is cracked and Nate puts him out cold when they fight again.

The entirety of the post-fight interview with Poirier has been him just acting with 100% class. I just don't see how you can cheer McGregor and boo Poirier and not be a terrible person.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 11, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Aegis Bear posted:

Could he even shoot for a 4th fight? According to others who have broken their bone in that area, it’s apparently a really bad spot and may actually be a career ender for McGregor?

(Oh no, such a great loss for MMA, the horror etc.)

It would be the first time in UFC history two fighters within UFC had a 4th fight (to the best few of us in discord could gather). So most likely not but it still is Conor (if he can still draw, he is still useful to the UFC). But even if the stars align it wouldn't be for 1 1/2 year at best?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DOMELORD420 posted:

barstool fan replies there are predictably salty about Conor eating poo poo

Good, they can die mad. I'm still mad herb didn't stop the fight when Dustin was raining hellbows down on Conor for those closing 15-20s, cause I feel like there's a chance they might try to overturn the result to NC cause Dana's gonna Dana

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Outside of Silvia-Arlovski, I can't think of another fourth fight between two fighters

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Unperson_47 posted:

The entirety of the post-fight interview with Poirier has been him just acting with 100% class. I just don't see how you can cheer McGregor and boo Poirier and not be a terrible person.

His post fight answers about Oliviera were amazing, so refreshing to have some positivity instead of the relentless trash talk.

Can't wait to see how much he raises from auctioning off his kit.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Unperson_47 posted:

Poirier would probably be an ideal champion at this point. He's a great guy, selfless as hell and he's got two brutal wins over the only guy most non-full-time fans know about. And he has a great rag to riches story. Dana should go hog wild promoting the guy, and probably would, if he hadn't killed off the Golden Goose with check hooks and checked kicks.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

chaleski posted:

Outside of Silvia-Arlovski, I can't think of another fourth fight between two fighters

There's a few:
Patrício Freire vs Daniel Straus all in Bellator
Travis Fulton vs Bryan Robinson had 7 in different orgs
Wanderlei vs Rampage had 4 in different orgs
Nate Marquardt vs Kiuma Kunioku fought 4 times in Pancrase
Yuki Kondo vs Semmy Schilt four times in pancrase

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Did Lentz and Oliviera fight four times, or was that just an incredibly pointless trilogy?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wiki says only 3 times.
Lentz won 2 and the third lose was overturned to a NC

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
Conor's Lucky Break

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All UFC lightweights drilling heel hooks for a while.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Time for Conor to take an easier match-up, like third ranked Justin 'The Highlight' Gaethje.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

acejackson42 posted:

Poirier would probably be an ideal champion at this point. He's a great guy, selfless as hell and he's got two brutal wins over the only guy most non-full-time fans know about. And he has a great rag to riches story. Dana should go hog wild promoting the guy, and probably would, if he hadn't killed off the Golden Goose with check hooks and checked kicks.

He also has loving sick fights. His fights with Gaethje, Holloway, Zombie, Pettis and Hookerare what I show people who've not watched mma before to get a sense of how very good it can be.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dustin being this good really shows how elite & durable Max is, going 5 rounds

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I’m excited to see McGregor lose to the less talented Paul in 6 months.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Big shout out to Spicey Vasa for doing the needful

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I’m excited to see McGregor lose to the less talented Paul in 6 months.

The only way I'm ever cheering for Compound McFracture would be a fight against one of those two.
That's literally the best Conor nickname in the world right now, and it originated in this thread!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Ringo Roadagain posted:

This part was rad because you could clearly see Dustin just being like "gently caress this guy" and just starting to tee off on him

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

acejackson42 posted:

The only way I'm ever cheering for Compound McFracture would be a fight against one of those two.
That's literally the best Conor nickname in the world right now, and it originated in this thread!

I was referring to Paul Reiser (Giamatti being the more talented Paul.)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh conor vs the paul brothers I'm easily rooting for the paul brothers cause those guys are just really annoying and stupid but they got ben askren a nice payday & the other guy actually hurts random people, renegged on a charity promise makes death threats, is a sex pervert and tried to imply dustin's wife was sliding into his DMs to trash him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shirkelton posted:

Time for Conor to take an easier match-up, like third ranked Justin 'The Highlight' Gaethje.

gently caress, could you imagine conor/the ufc making that fight?

i hope they make that fight