Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Miching Mallecho posted:

gently caress Greg Hardy

yeah tai needs to do the world a solid here and then drink beer from a shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Aegis Bear posted:

I only watch exciting men's fights!

*Watches fat old heavyweights throw 3 haymakers then caress eachother while gassing out for the remaining 14 minutes*

gender, skill, gas tank, none of this poo poo has any bearing on if a fight will be good. wonderboy and woodley were at the very pinnacle of the most prestigious division in mma history. sometimes, fights are good. gender does not increase or decrease this likelihood in my viewing experience.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Yeah but I've never seen it in the Octagon lol

you've never watched a tai tuivasa fight i see

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Aegis Bear posted:

I know, it was a joke.

Heavyweights probably appear to gas more often because they are more likely to stick around past the 30s because power doesn't age out as quickly as speed does. I don't know though, I'm a noodle-armed goon commenting on the internet who would lose a fight to an inflatable arm man :shrug:

i was agreeing with your joke not lecturing you. there are some people out there that are legit on the edge of their seat for kimbo dada5000 but i didn't mistake you for one.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DOMELORD420 posted:

imagine being so cynical that you frown on a fat man drinking a beer out of a shoe

said AFTER cheering while he's being punched in the head by a 300lb man 'THINK OF THE HEALTH RISKS'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm sure the name was a lot more palateable when he was younger and looked basically like sage northcutt and gave off the same vibe of wearing a promise ring to retain his virginity until marriage which dana white loves

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dirk Digglet posted:

*lays on top of wonderboy without advancing* “I come in here to finish people!”

finish on people

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea parley's rule. If you are going to bet on individual fights might as well go for a parley even at a dollar or two.

The best I hit was a 2 fight one year or two ago. Wasn't much but was fun

i parlayed an entire card and won $600+ on a dollar bet. it owned.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

go the cocaine man

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

can't wait to see his twitter once he's got some cocaine in him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr_Moose posted:

actually the best part was when conor was threatening to take this to the parking lot lol

where else would the ambulance they're wheeling him to be parked

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's interesting how drastically my dislike of conor has changed over the years. i used to not like him because i genuinely believed he was being given hand-picked opponents that would play directly to his strengths, but he was still extremely entertaining and the shitfight after he ko'd jose in a few seconds was amazing.

that dislike changed during the bus incident from spoiled brat who backed up the poo poo he talked to 'oh, this guy is a violent dickhead'. he lost any mitigating 'entertainment' points in my view.

tonight it changed again to a sort of visceral disgust. conor was humiliated by poirier and then proceeded to humiliate himself further completely unprompted. and it was all completely unnecessary. for money he did not need, he decided that if he was going to carry on being a fragile, violent, has-been, he may as well get rid of any dignity he had too. all that's left is an empty vessel full to the brim of some of the worst aspects of being a person.

thank you for reading my serious thoughts on why and how i don't like the cocaine man.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

The water safety princess penis incident was the peak of Conor McGregor comedy though

hang on, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Conor McGregor signed on to do some boat tour with a literal Princess of Monaco, starting in Greece and going all the way to Ireland or some poo poo - a big charity thing. For like 2 months before it started he was tweeting about it and various water safety-related poo poo and news stories quite regularly. Stuff like quote tweeting a BBC news story about girls getting disoriented near the Isle of Wight with like "and this is why it's always important to bring good GPS and radios when going out on the water."

And then the night before they were set to start the tour he got arrested for pulling his tocker out on some Aegean resort island and the tour was cancelled.

i have no idea how but all of that is completely new to me.

lol.