Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

That’s a pretty impressive collection of lovely people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brut posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

It’s smiling.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So does Rogan just wear the same black shirt and black pants for every PPV or does he have a closet full of them like Superman?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I chickened out on dumping money on Poirier even though that poo poo's free

I’m doing this right now tbh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao at the promo for Hardy with him slowly waving his arms around with his eyes closed

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DOMELORD420 posted:

o'malley is an arrogant unproven youngster, he's easy to hate. no humble in that lad. I dont really mind him but I get it

He’s actually relatively self deprecating but he’s def hatable.

Excited to see him style on this jobber, though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Moutinho has absolutely no defense lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy get hit so consistently, but he just keeps coming wtf

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Moutinho may die here

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I can’t believe how many shots this guy is eating lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Every single shot is landing lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Portuguese Zombie

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’m legitimately loling at Moutinho not going down now

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I mean I’m glad it got stopped, but er why?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

henkman posted:

good card so far

Well the next fight is a Greg Hardy fight so you might be in for a surprise

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

BlindSite posted:

There's exactly 4 good WMMA fighters. Thug Rose, Joanna , Wei Ling and Nunes. Everyone else is a chance to make food.

Valentina?

Joanna is good, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
YESSSSSS

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is the greatest.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Erm why is Conor still wearing a suit?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

awesomeolion posted:

watching tai get that knockout and do shoeys all the way to the dressing room was fantastic. also gently caress greg hardy

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PostNouveau posted:

That doesn't make it a whole lot less dumb. Maybe a little

It’s a pretty good nickname for an incredibly vanilla white bred dude tbh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This sucks.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So porier mcgregor 4 it is

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bean mom posted:

idk, a freak broken leg feels like enough excuse to run this back again

Yeah, Dustin was winning, but that’s not exactly going to end Conor’s career.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Dustin’s interview rules

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

shyduck posted:

So Greg Hardy is done right? We're not going to see him in a fight like that anymore on PPV?

Dana will have him crush cans in fight nights and prelims for a while, but no they’re probably not done with him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kimbo305 posted:

Either Dana doesn't look at any available metrics for fighter popularity, or he does and Hardy (and Paige, Sage, O'Malley, etc.) are much bigger draws than we think.

I think you’re confusing being a draw with being popular or liked among MMA fans.

The UFC is a small potatoes sport with maybe 10 fighters who draw any sort of casual fan, and Dana’s desperate to do anything that will expand the viewer base. People like Hardy, Sage, and Paige are sideshows, but they got their pushes in MMA because they had some basic notoriety outside of the standard low to mid card fighter.

O’Malley is totally Dana trying to be Vince McMahon and creating a brand based on what he sees as a guy who could be big, but tbf I’ve been a fan since he cut this promo https://youtu.be/mqVgeUN10ms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kimbo305 posted:

I'm not confused about the distinction, but I'm genuinely not sure what sure what kinda volumes Greg Hardy draws in, versus say, Nate Diaz.
The consensus here is that is Nate popular enough with MMA fans that he can broadly get PPV buys. It seems obvious he's selling more than Hardy, but who knows.

I don’t think they’re done with Hardy but he’s probably not much of a draw anymore. I’m sure he generated some interest initially just because of the curiosity factor. If he was able to become an elite fighter he probably would have generated some views, but getting KO’d by Tai was probably the beginning of the end for him. I assume they’ll let him crush some more cans to see if it goes anywhere because it’s relatively low risk.