Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I assume your using a good brand name wire in that machine to work with? If not, that will make your life SO MUCH EASIER.

You wouldnt think that you could screw up a solid wire but by hell you can if you make it out of mildly recycled daewoos and rusty bulk freighters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Definitely look into a self leveling enamel tractor paint and either roll or spray it on. We just redid a tractor with enamel paint and despite it being a mix of half arsed cleaning, next to no surface prep apart from wire wheeling and then being sprayed through a cheap gun it came out looking drat good. No need to clear it either!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

If you haven’t gotten into these things for paint and rust removal, they are the absolute BOMB compared to a flap disk or sanding disk!

https://www.nortonabrasives.com/en-gb/norton-blaze-rapid-strip

Just don’t lean too hard into them or they wear down pretty hard but for cleaning metal for welding they’re hard to beat

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

RIP Paul Walker posted:

I have found some LED bulbs that have shields in place and seem to be a lot better, since they more or less fix the biggest issues. I had them in a Kia that originally came with halogens (albeit in a projector housing) and the light output was excellent with proper cutoff and no odd glare that I could identify, even when I was being a super-picky rear end in a top hat. They were largely indistinguishable from my Hyundai and Miata with factory LED bulbs.

Yeah- it seems like if you actually spend real money on LED bulbs they're designed to work in incandescent housings. I've got light force bulbs in both the Land Cruiser and the Tiida and they have identical cutoffs to the incandescent bulbs, but they were also $180 a pair for the bulbs.