Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
Congrats! I'm so not good with rust, even my rusty 42, you can see nearly everything thats damaged - with these older paint jobs, you have a lot of hide and seek to play with them

but... you know what you must do.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
Any 42 buicks or chevys in that yard?

Progress is admirable, and I am getting flashbacks to working on my buddys 68 chevy van with that doghouse affair.

What kind of sound deadener are you using? I'd also suggest some kind of heat insulation, I remember those doghouses being miserably hot - my buddys van was not so friendly to us bigger, wider gents, in the sense that you kinda lopped over it while trying to find a comfy place to be, I remember one time on a longer drive - it was our band van - that I didn't realize how much heat was being transmitted to my right thigh wile driving the thing, and it was one of those gradual "holy poo poo what is this pain im feeling while driving a van with several dudes and 100s of pounds of gear inside AHHHHHH" kind of moments

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
bumper looks awesome - its one of those "things" - they look cool without bumpers, so everyone removes them, so you become accustomed to seeing them without, and then when you put them back on they look... cool... with them?

It's like seeing an un-chopped Mercury.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
Contact Daytona carbs - they will probably have a fix for you, if not some new parts to throw at it to at least rule out a bad thermostatic spring ect

Me on the other hand, I just set the chokes to full open, never gets cold enough to warrant using them here. On my A - I removed the whole choke assembly from the 81's and just deal with keeping the idle high for a few minutes before attempting to move, 10/10 neighbors all love me when I take the uncorked A out for a early morning cars and coffee run.. But typically I push it out and a few houses down so I dont disturb lobsterwifex and lobsterbabyx.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I almost bought one of those chemtrail switches, they had jewish space lasers too - I seem to recall that you can get a bank of them too and labeled however you like

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I REALLY love the Napa branded 8" headlights - they have a great look to them.

they're not exceptional performers, but they do the trick... I have them in my roadster and obviously my wagon. What I love the best about these is that the NAPA logo is so small, its hard to find. its got a nice pattern.

you want the best?

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Sil...ps%2C109&sr=8-2

I accidentally put these on my 48, and they are the brightest sealed beams I've ever seen. Pure white, beautiful.

Years ago we were doing rust abatement on my buddys first gen firebird, we were digging and digging - the first "backer" we found was a tennis ball, kept going, a deflated football, then in smaller sections, golfballs - the car henceforth was known as the "ballsack"

LobsterboyX fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 24, 2022

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

This way qualify as necromancy, it’s been so long…

I have been doing things, but between the limited time in this weather (routinely 90-95-degrees and 50-75% humidity) and the type of work (tight, hot, dirty) I have been very bad about getting photos.
-

And life continues to prevail over hobby.

Yup, same - I get kinda bent at night when its about 80 out and start do do something, give up, clean up and go wet my head and sit in front of the fan.

You going to paint this the same way/method you did the vert?

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
drat Bob, this is looking fantastic. I wish I had the patience for this.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
i got a sneak preview! It looks amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
fun turn of events - that sale I'm working at has 63 van!

I need to get more pics of it, but its really, REALLY clean - its sitting on some BMW rims that actually look pretty awesome on it - not usually my thing, but it looks pretty cool. - there's not much time to take photos of stuff when I'm there, but they are offering this for around 4k but its highly negotiable. the engines got a bunch of hot rod parts and it comes with a ton of extra engine parts, I think its the 250. it had some shag carpet inside that we ripped out to find a perfectly clean van - theres also some 70s wood paneling inside that is pretty nasty that has to go, but it wouldn't take much to get this going. If I didn't have any cars, I'd be all over it.

they cut a sunroof in to it, and theres a vent, they also filled in the little triangular window right behind the door - again, not my thing, but its actually kinda cool lookin.

I'll grab more photos in the coming week