Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
This is in my collection of old ads -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

I thought it looked like your rear wheel openings looked different from other pictures of these trucks I have seen. They look larger and rounder, maybe this was done to allow larger rear tires? Or maybe the design changed during the model run, I’m not super familiar with these.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

I saw the van version on the weekend. I think those are 05 Mustang wheels. The rear wheel openings have been enlarged on this one too, but not as well done as yours. Not shown is the big dent on the other side where the previous owner backed an RV into it.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

wallaka posted:

I'd imagine it was a Canada-only deal so that Mercury dealers up there could have another truck option.

Yes, there was a full Mercury truck line here in the fifties and sixties. There was even stuff like cabovers and school bus chassis.

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/Canada/Mercury/1951%20Mercury%20Truck%20Pamphlet/dirindex.html

Edit: found a brochure with the Mercury Econoline truck.

http://oldcarbrochures.org/September%202020/1961%20Mercury%20Light%20Duty%20Trucks%20%28Cdn%29/index.html

Fornax Disaster fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 6, 2023

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you mean the vans they are Thames vans imported from England. Maybe some Canadian Mercury dealers were selling those instead of Econoline vans at some point, I don’t know.