Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

rjmccall posted:

VP were basically fine at the Singapore Major. They didn’t look like they had a great shot to win, but they at least looked like they belonged there.

At the Animajor they arguably had a tough draw playing against Nigma and (especially) VG, and they at least took VG to three games, but yeah, woof.

They also did well again at the ESL Summer, coming in second and losing to T1 2-3 - and they actually beat T1 in winner's bracket finals, they just couldn't repeat it in the grand finals. Its possible they just had a bad run at the Animajor, or a good run at ESL Summer - a bit too early to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

rjmccall posted:

playing against Nigma

Nigma? Whos that? i dont see them on the list of teams in the OP.... probably some scrubs

Why Anything
Apr 15, 2006
Because everything. Obviously.
Any recommendations on qualifier matches that are worth a viewing?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
If watch the og v nigma Chen games. And then there's a 100 minute game that's great but I forget who.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

If watch the og v nigma Chen games. And then there's a 100 minute game that's great but I forget who.

Liquid vs Chicken Fighters game 1. Maybe not worth the full watch but the end was good and clowny

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How many ti10 grand final games will have tier 5 items

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I present to you the TI meta: https://clips.twitch.tv/StrongJollyGoshawkNotLikeThis--G2nb4UAd-vTRoam

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Posting jenkins huh, smdh the thread is brand new and you post jenkins

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Ahhh 3 month delay is rough. OG need sunlight to thrive or some poo poo, never see them look good by winter.

Who do you think will do us a solid and run some flll-in events?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Ravus posted:

Ahhh 3 month delay is rough. OG need sunlight to thrive or some poo poo, never see them look good by winter.

Who do you think will do us a solid and run some flll-in events?

I can't imagine there's not a couple EU online events, there's a lot of popular teams that aren't going to Ti. Maybe we get Midas Mode 3 or Bot Ti as well.a

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Reverse Captain's Mode when?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I can't imagine there's not a couple EU online events, there's a lot of popular teams that aren't going to Ti. Maybe we get Midas Mode 3 or Bot Ti as well.a

Bot TI is always a laugh. I'm hoping for an intercontinental where they invite all the teams that made it to a qualifier, but didn't make it to TI. Could have online regional quals then a LAN to finish off.

Make it happen WePlay!

(I'll keep dreaming :P)

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It would be great to have a showmatch with players v bots using BotTI ruleset

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Zurreco posted:

This would be way way lamer than it sounds. Players would win instantly in every situation.
openAI would be fun tho

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://sandosius.medium.com/what-your-favorite-international-10-attending-team-says-about-you-1cdad8cf10ad

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Arzachel posted:

Liquid vs Chicken Fighters game 1. Maybe not worth the full watch but the end was good and clowny

Singsing has a good summary of his stream watching it and the replay a bit afterwords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJOjh0s_NI

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Team Spirit:

You frequently look out your window to see if anyone is looking inside. You start fighting at the 8 minute mark and don’t stop until the game is over.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

this loving rules

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the trick is to do it in reverse, find the paragraph that describes you then thats the team you support.

invictus gaming? gently caress

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the VP one lmao

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Zurreco posted:

I'm really hoping BoT T1 this year does like random drafts and mixes heroes. There's what 150 heroes, so they can do 30 teams? And then they can run a full on season/groupstage/playoffs or something.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I got loving lazy last thread. The whole pandemic thing really hosed up my priorities. I won't let it happen again.

I am standing up an esports program at the university where I work and we are polling the students about what sort of games they want to focus on. None of these zoomers want anything to do with Dota.

*simpsons No The Children Are Wrong*

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nitzmeister/status/1414512688885997574

sweet baby jesus

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Ok watched that for about 3 minutes straight :allears:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Matu comin in hot with this years hot look mug shot with a hat

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

funmanguy posted:

I got loving lazy last thread. The whole pandemic thing really hosed up my priorities. I won't let it happen again.

I am standing up an esports program at the university where I work and we are polling the students about what sort of games they want to focus on. None of these zoomers want anything to do with Dota.

*simpsons No The Children Are Wrong*

Esports programs at college???? Scam

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I caught up on the tundra og matches, and those pauses by tundra area little suspect.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dota 2 pro scene is gonna be the same 50 people making millions every year for the next 20 yrs

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Lpzie posted:

dota 2 pro scene is gonna be the same 50 people making millions every year for the next 20 yrs

This is a great take because no one has ever retired from or been a successful newcomer to the professional DOTA universe.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Zurreco posted:

This is a great take because no one has ever retired from or been a successful newcomer to the professional DOTA universe.

ppd and fear and loving mad have cumulatively retired like one hundred times

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Just saw that I’m on the Top posters from last thread list.

Not a proud moment. Better post more. Atomic War is a good custom game.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

Thanks for the new thread goober

Sugar free jazz is my mvp for last thread

:puckout:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Just saw that I’m on the Top posters from last thread list.

Not a proud moment. Better post more. Atomic War is a good custom game.

Someone posted a QCS thread saying "BAN THE TOP 100 GAMES POSTERS" and I was like "Dam I wonder who that is" and I was 35th. Somehow I was 17th place in the last thread despite the fact that before the Animajor I haven't watched Pro Dota in like two years or something? I've lost control of my posts

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I caught up on the tundra og matches, and those pauses by tundra area little suspect.

Not sure it had anything to so with it, but there was a storm over Germany and our internet is pretty poo poo because nobody in politics bothered so if they were Bootcamping here that might have affected it. Pure speculation though.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

CVE posted:

Not sure it had anything to so with it, but there was a storm over Germany and our internet is pretty poo poo because nobody in politics bothered so if they were Bootcamping here that might have affected it. Pure speculation though.

There's a funny pause (game 2 I think) where it's clear Tundra was baiting. None of OG is on the map, and Tundra shows a juicy WW on bottom lane, and as soon as WW is in OG vision Tundra smokes and heads bottom and pauses. There's a fish conversation on all chat where nOtail and Ceb are like "lag? really?" Tundra does everything all-chat ping on the WW for OG.

The tactical pause is a comical thing in online tournaments, I see it often. It's probably why a lot of teams bomb out hard in LANs since they can't do that cheesy stuff.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Someone posted a QCS thread saying "BAN THE TOP 100 GAMES POSTERS" and I was like "Dam I wonder who that is" and I was 35th. Somehow I was 17th place in the last thread despite the fact that before the Animajor I haven't watched Pro Dota in like two years or something? I've lost control of my posts

QCS is the dota 2 of something awful

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If tundra won we would not stop hearing about the tactical pause. I mean we already are since Nigma isn’t going and their fans are pissed off but who cares honestly about the pause. Whatever they didn’t win

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Is pausing all it takes to get an advantage? Gonna start pausing my games way more often

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I like games not getting ruined because of lag/disco/voicechat and mouse problems, so I think pauses should be allowed, but they should either just openly permit pausing for any reason (including tactical pauses), or do something to limit the usefulness of a pause.

Permissive pauses: just limit them like timeouts in any other sport and allow one per team for every 20 or 30 minutes of play and limit the total time paused to something reasonable. You can use your pauses for tactical decision making, but then you might get hosed if someone discos and you don't have any pauses left.

Restrictive pauses: something like the current rules but also change the client so that in CM all you can see is chat while the game is paused. Once the un-pause timer starts ticking you get your UI back for a few seconds to reorient yourself. I'd honestly prefer this but lol at valve actually doing work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
It's not an issue and LAN matches because admins are right there and can verify any problems. It's a big deal in online tournaments though.

I think that the tactical pause is one of the reasons why some teams do really well online but poor in person. Probably they can't handle the consistent focus in a long match and use a pause to get a break and regroup, but a team with more experience doesn't have that problem. It's commonly used as a cheap way to break up momentum. Lol lag sure....