Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I don't think this OG has what it takes, wisper and ari are a decent pairing but ceb is just flat and useless, timado can't perform and bzm gets crushed more games than not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
OG vs mouz game 2 looks like a 4k pub. Everyone just fighting in bot for nothing at 10-20 mins

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
OG finally break the seal on drow ranger, have not seen this hero in a pro match in forever. Don't think it's all that bad but let's see

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Don't think Drow was the issue but they got stomped again. Tundra just have OGs number right now.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ChaosReaper posted:

Don't think Drow was the issue but they got stomped again. Tundra just have OGs number right now.

Ceb really nees to retire

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

It's crazy because in the last DreamLeague OG looked pretty good. Not the best team but a dangerous one who could at least hang with the better teams. But now and in the current DreamLeague qualies they just look poo poo the moment they play a good team.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

its CEB

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That was a rough, rough series for OG

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

drat its like Nigma woke up and remembered they were a team full of- supposed- tier 1 players.

then they briefly forgot with a 20k lead in game 2, then managed to recover again

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
lol this OG / Entity game looks like one of my Herald Ranked games where by 15 minute we're just done

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
In roughly two hours we'll get another edition of "Kuro and Puppey try to knock each other out of a tournament."
Nigma and Secret are both 1:2 and losing another one means you're out. My guess is that whoever wins today loses tomorrow and is out as well.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.twitch.tv/esb_dota2_en_b 84th minute of nouns vs VP

techies has an unconsumed moon shard

there are 5 rapiers at least

emdash fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 3, 2024

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

game one OG - Heroic was a 72 minute clown game

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Like I said many threads ago, OG always looks like they have no idea how to play Dota2, and then at 60 minutes they decide if they are going to win or lose and the game ends.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I can’t believe OG gave away game 2 after Heroic threw their advantage away in the midgame, but at least they got the series win in the end.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
That was a weird series.
Next up we have a toilet bowl with Secret v Nigma, which washed up old coach do we want to root for?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Super-NintendoUser posted:

That was a weird series.
Next up we have a toilet bowl with Secret v Nigma, which washed up old coach do we want to root for?

Nigma balls, obviously.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
1k gold for a pos 5 Ench at 25 mins :D

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Puppey murdered them all so hard that he ran out of mana

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

please release a patch before birm ham valve

also lmao nigma balls, nice void death

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nigma please disband forever.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Oof

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have no idea who Morf is and his youtube video is a giant sponsor for gambling sites so a pinch of salt possibly, but it seems like taiga was throwing4skinz (as a bunch of people predicted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsz18sPawss

e; finished watching it and ya, that's pretty damning.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 5, 2024

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Text summary of the allegations from the reddit post:

quote:

tl;dw: (everything in the below is backed up by irrefutable evidence (voice recordings, screen recordings, chat logs from discord/telegram, even admissions from the player))

Taiga became addicted to gambling post TI 11 (Oct 2022) during his time at OG
He befriended a group of Russian matchfixers in March 2023 (hereafter 322 mafia). They gave him access to betting accounts and money to use and lock him into a debt trap
Taiga suggested betting on pro games using insider knowledge from the mafia as a means of raising money to repay the debt
Instead, the mafia decide that betting on OG games at Dreamleague 19 (April 2023) would be a better way, as these were games considered "clean" by the bookmakers
Taiga was assured that he wouldn't need to 322, just aggressively play for first bloods and total over/under. He also leaked scrim, clean feed and insider info to the mafia under threat of blackmail, and he bet on OG to win. The matchfixers suggest Taiga start throwing maps, but Taiga refused. Instead he offers to throw FB vs. Nouns
OG's aggressive first blood strat worked until they played against Team Spirit, who had studied their early movements and set up for it. This led to Taiga and the mafia losing a huge bet on this game.
To recoup these losses, Taiga agrees to throw a first blood against Beastcoast (in hindsight, it is extremely obvious).
After DreamLeague groupstage 1, Taiga tries to cut ties with the mafia. However, they won't let him go easily and demand he repays gambling money he owes them. Thus they continue to cooperate on aggressive FBs
OG are eliminated. Mafia demands Taiga to throw a game, but he again refuses.
Mafia alleges that Taiga also leaked info from the Berlin Major; however, there is no concrete evidence on this.
tl;dr for the tl;dw: Taiga got into a debt trap with Russian matchfixers and threw at least two first bloods in official games for OG (and collaborated on a large number of other bets with inside info).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
He’s loving done

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
lmao that the video exposing someone for matchfixing is also sponsored by online gambling

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I kindof figured all the gambling sites were themselves run by the Russian mafia, not just that they made lots of bets there.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat. thats so scary to a normal person, imagine how a dota player would feel being blackmailed by the rusisan mafia

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gambling is a sin

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Geight posted:

lmao that the video exposing someone for matchfixing is also sponsored by online gambling

this is happening everywhere - ohtani's press conference about how his translator was in deep debt for making bets using ohtani's money was underscored by all of the betting lines for the MLB, as well as the dude in the NBA who had a discord where he would post up when he would bail on a game for 'illness', making his under bets the most profitable bets in the entire NBA that night.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
in dota gameplay, we got machine gun io winning GG v BB

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Ammar and malrine are real good https://m.twitch.tv/clip/SpunkyUninterestedSoybeanStinkyCheese-phukUx5WPbzdxXPF

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
My boys on Spirit just cannot figure this meta out.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

rjmccall posted:

My boys on Spirit just cannot figure this meta out.

They only wake up for real tournaments

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Azure Ray v. Falcons game 1 in whatever tournament this is was very good

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Falcons vs IG g2 got extremely entertaining out of nowhere

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

that was a very strange g1 vs falcons for OG, in that they looked like they knew what they were doing the entire time

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Can someone help me figure out how to watch tournament games in-client?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Man where the hell has that OG been this tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

OG are such a loving spiky team. They lose to Spirit who have had a poo poo time lately this morning. Then they turn around and basically stomp the poo poo out of the best team going right now in Falcons in the afternoon.