Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
falcons are way too good

sneyking is a genius at feeding to get intelligence. bb almost never gets important kills in the midgame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
rip the medusa

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sheever: sparkly
purge: trying to hard, ugly and boring suit
jenkins: looks very british, actually. those gloves are disgusting though
pflax: needs more chest hair to maximize his english man on vacation in spain look
shoutout out people: appropriate levels of english, well done, crack on

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 28, 2024

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm sure the most tiltable DOTA2 team currently playing will handle that loss with grace and maturity

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lol tb pick, gg 3-0

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Wait I had to leave for a bit when BB were up like 17-2 and had a huge lead. What the gently caress happened?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ChaosReaper posted:

Wait I had to leave for a bit when BB were up like 17-2 and had a huge lead. What the gently caress happened?

You win the game by hitting buildings, not heroes.

(Also the Medusa didn't build for damage so by endgame she was just tickling Falcon's very tanky corees)

Anyway lol BB is completely rattled game 3

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Torontotokyo is gonna drop a slur soon

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

How was this 3-3 when I went out to get a beer

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

this is a cruel slow execution of bb

goddamn falcons

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Birmingham really does have the best crowd of the circuit.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Did the DHL chants go off this year? My crew weren't there to start them this time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wild how unstoppable (other than that one time against XG) falcons are looking right now.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
People still play Dota 2, this time in Bucharest.

PGL Wallachia:

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/PGL/Wallachia/1

https://twitch.tv/pgl_dota2
https://twitch.tv/pgl_dota2en2

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Let's go nouns!!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sumail is standing in for Yopaj, reuniting with rtz. got thoroughly dumpstered by Betboom in their first series. it ain't 2018 any more.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
lol, you can’t turn off radiance during SD disruption (so the illusions will have it if it was on when you got disrupted), but apparently you can disassemble it

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

4 rapier gaming

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

What a very stupid comeback then throw by VP.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
VP going for a mass BOTS onto bat yolo'ing into the base was pretty great, for a 90min game

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
What a ridiculous finish. A+

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Lobsterboy posted:

VP going for a mass BOTS onto bat yolo'ing into the base was pretty great, for a 90min game

i was yelling. it was never gonna work they had to bait tps first then try again

also holy gently caress nerf high ground, let teams finish!!!!

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

If only they got thay last cart play

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
This is splitting hairs but I’m not convinced they can “fix high ground” in the way people think, esp not for the case of only t4s and throne remaining

I think it’s the advantage of knowing they have to come to you and how crazy strong every hero is now. Maybe it would help if you spread the base out more so there’s more surface area somehow. It’s about being forced to 5on5 in a tiny predictable space not glyphs and throne regen or whatever

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

emdash posted:

This is splitting hairs but I’m not convinced they can “fix high ground” in the way people think, esp not for the case of only t4s and throne remaining

I think it’s the advantage of knowing they have to come to you and how crazy strong every hero is now. Maybe it would help if you spread the base out more so there’s more surface area somehow. It’s about being forced to 5on5 in a tiny predictable space not glyphs and throne regen or whatever

Yeah, I think you are right. I'm also not sure about a good solution. Either spreading things out or maybe much faster scaling of super and/or mega creeps to the point that it takes a carry at least a few seconds to wipe out a wave and they do increased building damage or something?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Making the creeps insane might work, or spawning something like Roshan for the winning team (sort of like -sc in wc3)

also if the throne was almost the width of the distance between the top and bot rax and only had one t4 on each side, maybe you could actually split a little more. Just make it so the defenders can’t sit with perfect spacing while simultaneously covering all the area they need to cover

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Is this even a thing that needs to be fixed?
They drafted/built heroes that mostly don’t go high ground well against some heroes that are very good at defending.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It is the most widespread complaint about this patch, so some change is very likely coming

I’m just hoping valve realizes games on average are fairly short and they don’t do something that makes those even shorter. The outliers are just insane and feel awful to watch and play

emdash fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 13, 2024

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
There was a reddit post where someone said you could solve high ground defense by replacing Roshan Banner with a spawnable, immobile ballista. It would have very long attack range (maybe 4000 units?), would auto target the nearest tower or barrack, could damage through/deactivate backdoor, but would also give the enemy team global vision of the ballista location. The point was to incentivize high ground defenders to leave their base or have their buildings slowly get whittled down.

That being said, high ground is specifically mean to be a difficult barrier to overcome. There are certain heroes designed to address it so if you are having a persistent issue with bushing into rax, you probably just need to adjust your draft a bit. Otherwise, wait for Tier 5s and win a single teamfight out of base and you're gonna be in a great place to close it out regardless.

emdash posted:

Making the creeps insane might work

They could always add Prellex from Artifact lore as a new hero. Their whole shtick is that they are a creep turned hero and they could whip up other creeps into an army. An ultimate that makes your next wave of creeps have 2x stats or fury swipes or something would be a good solution.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
The monkey's paw curls and Necrobook comes back as a buyable item.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

OGS-Remix posted:

The monkey's paw curls and Necrobook comes back as a buyable item.

Nerf the necro book neutrals a bit and move them down to tier 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Zurreco posted:

There was a reddit post where someone said you could solve high ground defense by replacing Roshan Banner with a spawnable, immobile ballista. It would have very long attack range (maybe 4000 units?), would auto target the nearest tower or barrack, could damage through/deactivate backdoor, but would also give the enemy team global vision of the ballista location. The point was to incentivize high ground defenders to leave their base or have their buildings slowly get whittled down.

In the really early days of the original DOTA I remember there were variants and spin offs where you could spend gold to upgrade the creeps or spawn stuff like this, so there was a tactical element of whether the team wanted to spend gold on items to power up heroes, or pool some creep upgrades and get a sudden large pushing advantage.

Low ambition change: just make Roshan more important. Beef up aegis, make some extra stuff drop from him etc. Roshan is the default 'you will lose if you don't come out and contest this' map feature.

Medium ambition change: give the throne a targetable aoe 'emp' that turns off towers attack and defence aura for like a minute maybe even a debuff, on a ten min timer. Create a high stakes window where it is advantageous to push, but can only really be used for big plays.

High ambition change: The ballista, or an extra 'siege item' slot where heroes can spend tier 5 gold for an item that does nothing to heroes but allows for ballista-like long range damage to structures. Basically saying if you try to turtle up then you are just starting a timer for your opponents to farm up to the point where they feel good about buying these, then it's game over.