Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Hello I have been playing this game for a decade is there a normal thread or are we still on TI time until a real patch comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Weirdly bummed to see Notail taking a break, even though it's entirely reasonable to do so. Guy's been a pro player that I've watched the whole time I've been into this genre, since back in the HoN days.

Slacks RTed some stream for a charity tournament, think it's just all random dudes but the casting is actually pretty sick https://www.twitch.tv/yodi_brodi

Geight fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 20, 2021

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Arkosh gaming gains Monkey (monkeys_forever) and Forsaken Oracle (Kyle, presumably)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

EorayMel posted:

EE would rather sell NFTs than his slot in 2021

Is he actually into crypto grifting? I thought all that talk about putting a deposit for a shiba was him getting an actual dog, since he was talking about going to a vet and stuff.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/1418699662563885059

He seems to be anti-NFT here but I think he also gets sponsored by one of those crypto trading sites. Not sure if he believes in them though, I feel like half of the streamers just take sponsorships from one of those and just have the logo in the corner somewhere while not actively promoting it

If I recall correctly this was specifically when OG started hawking NFTs, which pissed a lot of people (including me) off and a bunch of em were really going in on Notail, as it kinda undermines his whole stated philosophy.

It's kinda funny that NFTs are in the realm of stupidity where it's like "no, EE's dumb but he's not THAT dumb"

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

"Primal Beast" could be an apt description for Fenrir, which is considered a likely new hero, right?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

So was Secret just also writing off OG as a non-threat or what?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I enjoy how production occasionally decides we need to stop looking at the game to see a full-screen webcam feed angled to see directly up a player's nostrils

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Love to see Fly lose, so that's fun

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/NigmaMiracle/status/1466837008177938457 Miracle says he'll be back for Nigma vs OG

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Love the 9sec BKB and walk away followed by starting a teamfight

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Zurreco posted:

So is there a narrative of Taiga looking to get revenge on the Liquid organization or are people finally being adults about this?

every time he gets got the chat fills with AGENT T

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

How much of PA's networth is trapped on her courier? Deso and basher?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It doesn't seem right that if you put ice path directly beneath a banished hero they can still shift-queue a blink away.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Early S2 heroes were kinda neat prolly cuz icefrog had some input on em but the later stuff was garbo rear end

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't know Valve had an official stance on the matter but yea a guy who worked at S2 for awhile went to work at Valve right about when they would have started making Dota2 so it's assumed that guy is Icefrog, which is (maybe) why the original few S2 heroes are actually pretty nifty, the ones after that got a lil shaky but usually became cool, and then they got REAL garbo

Geight fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 14, 2021

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Taiga is GAMING

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Some of the new taunts are quite good actually

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

iceiceice playing necrophos about as well as slacks does

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I was looking forward to the escalation of this gimmick but I think they stopped doing it once there were legit covid infections at the event

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Why didn't he just deny that tower?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hot take but iceiceice is giga washed

I coulda swore he said he was gonna retire to spend more time with his family sometime last year

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I was hoping Aui coaching for Tundra would lead to some more bigbrain drafting for them

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

SK is a bit harder to play than Mag

first phase Brood now THATS aui coaching

Geight fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 20, 2021

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

looks like you might have gotten your wish

It's a small one but I'm glad for it :unsmith:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Daaang, coolguys just couldn't pull it off in the end

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

After a Pudge game Zai said he made sure his contract with Liquid stipulates he gets absolute final say on what hero he plays and I still don't know if he was goofing or not

Something I really want to work on in my own offlane games is knowing when and how to do what Liquid's offlane did this game - Shoving the first wave down to push under tower and then stealing the 2nd wave to avoid having to play normally in an unfavorable matchup. I feel like my understanding of that stuff is very outdated because I still envision creepcutting/stealing as something only like, timber or axe can do.

Geight fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 21, 2021

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Aegis is an underrated item to solve mana issues

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

This is why I hate playing Wyvern, there's so many ways to mess up every single ability

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I've come to accept that gold bounties, like neutral items, are totally random

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That was WAY too aggro from Zai there, yeesh

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Clumsy net whipped on ogre

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Jenkins explaining that Fae Grenade gives vision to both teams, so if you use it on rosh the enemy team can see what you're doing, cool game

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

everybody gangsta until slardar goes straight moonshard/mkb

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I simply do not see the coinbase sponsorship on all the liquid jerseys

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It does feel like that way, and I really hope someone at Valve wakes up and does the right thing and compensates these teams/players who have only just heard of this cancellation now.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I know it makes me a rube but I really am shocked that they didn't have any sort of contingency - They ran TI10 in the midst of a Delta surge in Bucharest which saw Cap and at least a few Chinese players get infected, and they didn't even have any sort of thought for "hey, what if things aren't better by the next major?"

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Zurreco posted:

That, and honestly, Valve doesn't like to plan for contingencies. They like to throw money at problems and this isn't one that you can just buy your way out of.

I mean, if they just paid the players right now that would actually solve a lot of problems pretty quick

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah the highest priority right now is to get as many people gathered in one place to play, definitely none of the other factors that led to this situation! They don't even know why people are pissed, haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Comrade Sumail