Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Let's go OG get Saksa that win he deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

thanks for the new thread. turns out I have nearly 700 posts, indicating I need to rethink my life.

You could also just embrace it :devil:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

top 3 teams in the world right now are basically PSG.LGD, EG and T1

the dpc standings clearly say that it's EG, PSG.LGD, and VP

I would love to see a new team win it if OG can't three-peat though and t1 is probably at the top of my list

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grapplejack posted:

I agree with goo on this one tbh, T1's performance on LAN has been absolutely outstanding, they're going to be really dangerous for anyone at TI

I really didn't think I needed to add anything to that to indicate sarcasm but here we are

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

DPC standings don't necessarily tell the whole story. For example VP didn't perform well at all at the Major.

IcePhoenix posted:

I really didn't think I needed to add anything to that to indicate sarcasm but here we are

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://sandosius.medium.com/what-your-favorite-international-10-attending-team-says-about-you-1cdad8cf10ad

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how soon we all forget the puppey pause

like it was so blatant the casters would even call it out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

same :smith:

sugar free jazz posted:

Just play some Monstercat and stay nearly completely silent while playing dota he’ll be with you, in spirit

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao holy poo poo, EE is the gift that keeps on giving

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

awesmoe posted:

Anybody who joins a team with ee at this point (or during the last like 3 years) knows exactly what they’re in for and is just doing it for the memes

And the exposure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm rewatching True Sight 2018 now because of the thread and lmao I love how dismissive LGD are of everything OG does after the first game.

Like it's completely unfathomable to them that they're just getting outplayed/outdrafted and rather than try to figure out what they need to change they just keep coming up with excuses.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

That was the one that gave you the scepter buff for like 30 sec? And it was a t1/2 item?

It was hysterical because some heroes can't drop the scepter so it broke them. Did you get a permanent meepo clone or some nonsense?

It was like 5 minutes lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

there was a pro player interview in the second DPC league where they were interviewing a support and they asked him what hero he wants to play but his captain/team won't let him and he basically said this same thing

I feel like he would be especially good against heroes with spammy abilities that are currently meta like timber, lina, and invoker

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 24, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

More EE is a gift

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

EE on bad teams is a gift. EE jumping between teams when they are developing a rapport and showing some promise is kneecapping the whole region.

People were literally just saying at the end of the NA quals that if they could find a better carry than sammyboy then 4zoomers could actually compete

Say what you will about EE as a person/teammate but he's absolutely a better carry than Sammyboy, don't complain about your monkey's paw wish coming true :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao that owns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grapplejack posted:

Turns out a 1600 range instant stun is really good

I have been doing this for years and nobody seems to agree with me

adding caustic to it made it even more fun and then the change to make caustic do %maxhp damage got even better

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Ever since the caustic %maxhp change happened I've been dying to see a Echo Slam level hit in a team fight. Has there been any memorable ones in pro games?

pros like never buy aghs on sand king and it annoys me a lot

like I understand why they do it (they're cowards prostrating themselves to appease the current meta of offlaners buying mostly utility items(I don't know if this is the actual meta but I feel like that's all I see sand kings buy)) but it still annoys me.

But to give credence to your wish lemme tell you I have hit those and it's just as if not more satisfying than an echo slam.

e: realtalk though I think the real reason sand king doesn't buy aghs in pro games very much is because for it to have a big impact you need to be greeder than most games/teams allow the offlaner to be because it will absolutely come at the expense of your 1 and 2, and in the bracket I play in they are not efficient enough for my greed to negatively affect them.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 10, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anno posted:

Did the most recent fiftEE/fiftEE make its way here? Because this seems like the most Envy clip imaginable that isn't forgetting a TP scroll when the enemy is pushing 'racks. It's exactly why I'd never want him on my team but generally enjoy watching him.

the rare fiftEE/fiftEE where the coin lands on its side

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

That's multiplicatively. If it was additively, it would be a 0% chance to hi.

technically it would be a -25% chance to hit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sab669 posted:

I'm just shocked Dawnbreaker wasn't added to Captains Mode :(

I suspect the coming a/b/c/etc patches in the next few weeks will include minor tuning of her until icefrog is satisfied she's in the right place to add her, so she'll be in before TI.

I feel like they've done it that way before but I can't think of a specific example.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTt1bqMIIMw

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Have any teams or big streamers tried to do carry Willow yet with yet another buff to it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

These drafts own LFG T1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that was an excellent game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tundra looking really good, real bummer they didn't make TI

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tuned in and noping is whupping undying's rear end lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I probably shouldn't stay up to watch this but it's a game 5 and I'm WFH tomorrow so let's go

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how does slark only have 4 permanent agility at 41 minutes

I think noping missed their window to win this game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oof brutal death by TA, I think that's gonna be game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fun game 5 too bad NoPing let slark get to be too much of a problem

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beastcoast looking good again today

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

these are some really good fights

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Y'all are missing mid kotl getting 2 shot by a TA every team fight in vp tundra

what the hell is wrong with seeknstrike's eyes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Silencer, it says it right there in the picture

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RAPIRA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol that was an awesome finish

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

turns out giving yourself up to get megas when your mid doesn't have buyback isn't a good idea

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

In fact he bought back to get megas

lmao I missed that, what an absurd throw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

group B in ESL has some fun chaos potential today even if probably none of it will happen. The only thing that's "clinched" is that Beastcoast can't be eliminated. Everyone else can still finish in any of the three tiers (upper bracket, lower bracket, elimination)

meanwhile in group A there's like no drama because TP and creep have both already been eliminated (they each have one win, from a series split against each other), VP has already clinched, and Tundra only needs a split vs creep to get the other upper spot.