Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's time to start getting ready for Premier League football again after a completely uneventful summer off. Just a very quiet, chill summer where there wasn't any football and we all tried other sports for a bit like an old Roy of the Rovers comic. What's everyone been up to? I put down a new patio in the garden. It looks nice I think. Here's the table:

Traditional strong start for Arsenal there, always do well this time of year and will likely continue to do so until Accrington Stanley, Aldershot and Alfreton Town get their collective acts together.

Welcome back to fans of not-really new boys Watford and Norwich who took a gap year to experience playing against Neil Warnock and having all your highlights on Discovery Turbo or whatever channel it is now, and a big hello to genuine Premier League new boys Brent Ford. Not sure if there are any Brentford posters but if there are - settle in, make yourselves comfortable. Enjoy having your stadium in the new FIFA. People itt will only post about your team if you cost their team a point or they've signed your best player.

Hello to anyone who wandered into this forum for no reason and certainly not related to anything that went on this summer because as has been previously established, it was a quiet one. Stick around, watch some matches, they're usually quite good. Don't make a post about how your grandad's uncle's brother once looked at a picture of Ringo Starr so you're going to follow Liverpool. Pick one of the other ones (not Chelsea) (not Man United).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RReihgFMDw

Old boys and regulars: How are your team's preparations for the new season going? Who have they signed? Who are they going to sign? Who wants getting rid of? How are you going to get on this season? Let's have it and remember at all times that it really is a funny old game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFiPldOq9s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Spurs decided to get a manager so bring on that 5th or 6th place.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Football, bloody hell. I like how after 2 seasons with no breaks there will now be 3 weeks off for some of the players, and then 1 week of preseason before a new season starts lmao.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
drat good OP, OP.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Getting ready for some tasty transfers now that the international poo poo is done.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Spurs decided to get a manager so bring on that 5th or 6th place.

Who is the Spurs manager? I think I missed this news. Last I heard every manager had rejected them

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Who is the Spurs manager? I think I missed this news. Last I heard every manager had rejected them

Didnt they end up with nuno? or was that everton?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

West Ham haven't signed anyone because Moyesey went to the Euros on a scouting mission and decided all the players there were bad. We've now started pre-season with less players in our already thin squad going into a season with loads more games than last so he'd better get off his rear end and sign some eastern european that I've never heard of before, already.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Didnt they end up with nuno? or was that everton?

Lmao glad I'm not the only one.

I think Everton ended up with Rafa

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lol i thought Rafa had baulked at the vaguely threatening tifos against him but i guess not

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds are doing their difficult second season after a record breaking first year back, will be interesting to see if other teams have worked out how to play against them or if after 3 seasons of Bielsaball their hamstrings will finally start pinging off as everyone has been constantly predicting. Think they've got enough quality to avoid doing a Sheffield United but I think it'll be tougher this season

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
loving wild that Brentford have made it into the Prem, when I was a kid they were my actual local club. Really hope they manage to stick around :unsmith:

(Yes I will still be supporting the Chels like the shithouse that I am)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All 3 promoted teams are tasty this season - Norwich and Watford basically kept their prem sides while trimming off any excess and Brentford have been ready for top flight football since last season so anywhere from like 14th down is potentially dangerous territory imo

Happy that big Pontus Jansson gets to play in the prem - I was sad when him and Bielsa fell out and he thought that Brentford was his best chance of promotion, always liked him and glad that he made it in the end

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

CyberPingu posted:

Eventually settled on Nuno after being laughed at by Nagelsmann, Flick and Lopetegui, and being too cheap for Conte and Fonseca.

Nuno makes sense than most though, at least until he's strangled by Levy insisting on offering £1m less than the asking price of any player we actually need.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I hope newcastle sign Joe willock

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Really excited for Big Harry Maguire to take over penalty duties for United this season.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vinestalk posted:

drat good OP, OP.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

COYS i guess

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Carrier posted:

COYS i guess

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

West Ham haven't signed anyone because Moyesey went to the Euros on a scouting mission and decided all the players there were bad. We've now started pre-season with less players in our already thin squad going into a season with loads more games than last so he'd better get off his rear end and sign some eastern european that I've never heard of before, already.

He's heading to the Czech Republic with a minibus and lasso as we speak.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Vinestalk posted:

drat good OP, OP.

:hmmyes:

Carrier posted:

COYS i guess

:smith:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheRat posted:

Football, bloody hell. I like how after 2 seasons with no breaks there will now be 3 weeks off for some of the players, and then 1 week of preseason before a new season starts lmao.

lol no, united are playing a pre-season friendly this week

https://www.manutd.com/en/matches/matchcenter/derby-vs-man-utd-match-2212521

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
West Ham's preseason kicked off the day before the Euros final

e: This, basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

I hope newcastle sign Joe willock

I also hope this

I wonder what’s going on with Big Andy

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the Grealish question is persistent for Villa, though I doubt he did enough at the quiet summer event to significantly increase City's supposed interest. still think he stays for the coming season and hopefully Villa can push up in to europa league qualification at least. If they don't, he's gone next summer.

other signings seem exciting and will strengthen the team quite a bit (buendia) or at least practical to provide cover and coveted Veteran Presence (young).

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Excited for the return of the "Champions of Europe, we know what we are" chant

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Leicester have been trying to sign a midfielder from Rennes and another forward while hiding the 60m golden ticket out of the club. Castagne lost his face in a gardening accident but otherwise a quiet few months for the foxes. Hopefully Brendan learns the secret to performing after Christmas this time.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Bogan Krkic posted:

Time to bring back Chicharito, Morrison, and Arnautovich.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Liverpool signed Ibrahima Konate, a 22-year-old CB from Leipzig who I have never seen play but who I'm certain is the reincarnation of Paolo Maldini.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

vyelkin posted:

Liverpool signed Ibrahima Konate, a 22-year-old CB from Leipzig who I have never seen play but who I'm certain is the reincarnation of Paolo Maldini.

His injury record looking good for sure

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Woodenlung posted:

His injury record looking good for sure

Torn Muscle Fibre is just code for Being the Best CB in History

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Klopptech will sort him right out

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The chels are going to win the triple this year and I heard that a nukeuloar biomb is going to land on old trafford at the start of the season

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i checked the fixtures and they are playing Leeds, everyone will be so upset that Leeds 1st team will be obliterated by the thermonuclear blast but they can rebuild

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I hope Saka gets over the Euro final and does lots of sick moves this season.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
euros over, back to watching newcastle :smithicide:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

qirex posted:

I hope Saka gets over the Euro final and does lots of sick moves this season.

Same except not in NLD

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I mean we all know Utd are going to get at least one dogdy pen the first week of the season so either Sancho or Rashford can redeem themselves

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I mean we all know Utd are going to get at least one dogdy pen the first week of the season so either Sancho or Rashford can redeem themselves

por que no los dos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

por que no los dos?

Sorry Bruno you can take the next one.