Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

euros over, back to watching newcastle :smithicide:

I’m here if you want to talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I'm excited to see what Bielsa does. It's not well known, but he actually transformed himself into Wembley for the Euros and took its place, so he knew what it was like to be a literal stadium for football.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

CyberPingu posted:

Sorry Bruno you can take the next one.

:newlol:

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Ive been watching your boys league for like almost 20 years and listening to FW/FR since like 2008/9 and I still don’t have a team, will this year be the year a team really calls out to me in the prem???

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

grvm posted:

Ive been watching your boys league for like almost 20 years and listening to FW/FR since like 2008/9 and I still don’t have a team, will this year be the year a team really calls out to me in the prem???

you should be a brentford supporter, no one will know if you're a plastic because they don't have any fans in here anyway

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I’d say a team finds me every season. Enjoyed the ride with Leicester last year (and their title winning year) and Leeds. Really liked Spurs during the modric + bale years, unashamed to say I was in for city during the Balotelli years, went for chelsea when they signed Sheva. I feel like this one day without soccer is too many after this past month

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

That's is the ultimate way to enjoy watching football imo, if you don't have allegiances to a team you don't need to find them, just enjoy the games and the stories that unfold

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
My alligiance (and source of heartburn) is with Milan. Not having that level of investment definitely makes the saturday/sunday mornings with the premier league less stressful.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I usually root for Mourinho so I guess I have to figure out how to watch Serie A now

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Eric the Mauve posted:

I usually root for Mourinho so I guess I have to figure out how to watch Serie A now

:chloe:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol, but also I'd half follow any team wenger managed

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

That's is the ultimate way to enjoy watching football imo, if you don't have allegiances to a team you don't need to find them, just enjoy the games and the stories that unfold

Yeah, I've never understood the whole "I have to pick a team" thing - I tried that for a few years when I was into NFL and it just felt weird and forced. When watching any sport (including football games not including West Ham) I'll definitely have a team I want to win, but I support West Ham because they're my local club and I grew up watching them, I can't imagine anybody wanting to go through that pain without having some actual connection to the place.

This even (sort of) applies to plastics, whether they're idiots from Boston who support Liverpool because the same billionaire owns them or south London wankers who claim to have been lifelong Chelsea fans who can't name a single player before Ruud Gullit, although with somewhat more contempt of course.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can't imagine anybody wanting to go through that pain without having some actual connection to the place.

hello its me the west ham plastic, ama

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

goddamnedtwisto posted:

lifelong Chelsea fans who can't name a single player before Ruud Gullit

Lots of people were born after 1995 m8

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

I don't believe this to be accurate

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

hello its me the west ham plastic, ama

why

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

‘Aussie gravitates to premier league team famous for pies and hooliganism’ is not a surprise

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I prefer to think the poster is saying 'why would we ask you about anything?'

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Yay. Another Chelsea fan.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eric Cantonese posted:

Yay. Another Chelsea fan.

Thanks for your kind welcome, friend :)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rarity posted:

Thanks for your kind welcome, friend :)

Chelshit!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:monocle:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wish we had trp in the mid 90s and all the posts moaning about the amount of American Newcastle fans

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
lol outstanding recruitment by pooshited with this Ferguson mug. It's alright doing it in Scotland but I read an article in the actual physical newspaper that I buy every day that if he doesn't beat forest in the cup this weekend he'll be gone. Should have picked up George Graham when they had the chance

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Wish we had trp in the mid 90s and all the posts moaning about the amount of American Newcastle fans

They would've all been run out after "I would love it if we beat them"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What the hell are we doing getting a bunch of flashy Italians in? They'll never be able to handle the tough English game, I reckon Zola's straight back on the plane to Lazio by next season

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Thousands of posts bemoaning Blackburn buying the league and how it's a herald of the footballing end times.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

ffs why have we bought a prima donna card magnet Frenchman, Giggs or Sharpe can cover Hughes/McClair while big Dion is injured

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Thousands of posts bemoaning Blackburn buying the league and how it's a herald of the footballing end times.

And in a way... it did?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

They'd be right too!!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Nottingham Forest are too big to fail.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think that Peter Ridsdale fellow has some brilliant ideas that will all work out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's coming home it's coming home it's coming

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this all made me google ken bates and he's still alive lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Looking forward to seeing VVD on the pitch again

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

ffs why have we bought a prima donna card magnet Frenchman, Giggs or Sharpe can cover Hughes/McClair while big Dion is injured

yeah, Roy Keane is decent, but he's not £3m decent

should have let him go to Blackburn

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lol I forgot that Clough called Keane a greedy poo poo and ended up selling him because he asked for £400k rather than £250k per annum

and then he ended up managing a bunch of 19-year-olds at villa who sat there and told him that if he wanted them to show up and train like united players then they should pay them united wages

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Rarity posted:

*checks notebook* no, no this doesn't check out

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

The funny thing is a lot of people *did* think buying Cantona was proof that Ferguson had lost it, and that Wilkinson had mugged him by getting him to actually pay money for a player he was willing to just pay to stay at home for the rest of his contract. I can't remember which columnist it was (because I read multiple papers at the time) but they very boldly and confidently claimed that Leeds would now go on to dominate the Premiership for years and Manchester United would return to mid-table scrapping.

The first internet football argument I got into was loudly claiming on Usenet that West Ham needed to sack Harry Redknapp for breaking the club transfer record to buy the fat useless ginger Arsenal substitute John Hartson, who then went on to score 5 goals in 11 games saving us from relegation, and my record of predicting football on the internet has only got worse since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

I can name loads of West Ham players from before I was born, even beyond the ones that won the World Cup for England, mainly from hearing from tedious old fucks about how Pop Robson was a better striker than that fancy dan Italian Paolo Di Canio and what we really needed was a good solid centre-forward like Brian Dear.