Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Best I’ve seen is Gylfi Shaggedyerson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Everton is on a roll lately. Nonces, causing Liverpool to lose world heritage status,… what’s next?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Villa are opening preseason today at Walsall. evidently Walsall has a player that the commentary team has been instructed to refer to as "Trialist A"

strange

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Villa are opening preseason today at Walsall. evidently Walsall has a player that the commentary team has been instructed to refer to as "Trialist A"

strange

Don't sign your posts.

Having unnamed trialists this time of year is very common outside the top couple of divisions.

https://twitter.com/NewportCounty/status/1417816712309886977?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Always like trialist 1, remember him turning out for Leeds one preseason

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I always have such high hopes for Trialist 2 but no club ever picks him up for a full season :(

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

ZeeBoi posted:

Everton is on a roll lately. Nonces, causing Liverpool to lose world heritage status,… what’s next?

Has the world heritage status been that good for Liverpool? If it's preventing them from redeveloping a rundown part of the city with no actual historical value, I think it might be best to just let it go.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eric Cantonese posted:

Has the world heritage status been that good for Liverpool? If it's preventing them from redeveloping a rundown part of the city with no actual historical value, I think it might be best to just let it go.

Yeah - as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually do anything other than indicate it as a historic landmark, and I'm pretty sure no tourist has ever gone to Liverpool with the intention of checking out their exciting derelict Victorian docks

Michael Owen might have, but he was already living there, so that doesn't count

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Michael Owen might have, but he was already living there, so that doesn't count

Michael Owen doesn't understand the concept of looking at something, so it's moot.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Liverpool should have lost world heritage status years ago. It's less the end of the docks where Everton want their new ground (which is knackered and has been for decades) and more the area around the pier head and the liver building where they've built that stupid loving black cube building I walk past every morning, the museum of Liverpool that looks like a stepped on shoebox and the award winningly poo poo ferry terminal.

The guardian did a decent write up on it and diamond Joe Anderson's beautiful half finished bankrupt building sites with no planning permission or building regulations that are the pride of the dock road

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/jul/21/liverpool-unesco-world-heritage-status-stripped

tldr: I can't believe fat clown Rafa would do this

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Eric Cantonese posted:

They could have redeveloped the area with the requirement to preserve the look vs plunking down a ton of buildings with no architectural merit.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Michael Owen doesn't understand the concept of looking at something, so it's moot.

Oh he probably thinks the docks are just tremendous

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Seems Arteta is doing a new shoe line

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Couldn’t care less if the slave trading docks of Liverpool lose their heritage status, just amused that Everton were part of the reason why.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 22, 2021

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Are...are you John Henry?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ZeeBoi posted:

Couldn’t care less if the slave trading docks of Liverpool lose their heritage status, just amused that Everton were part of the reason why.

Liverpool the town is different to Liverpool the football club, there is no town of Everton who's football club moved to the waterfront in an epic troll to strip World heritage status.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Liverpool the town is different to Liverpool the football club, there is no town of Everton who's football club moved to the waterfront in an epic troll to strip World heritage status.

I am merely expressing my amusement by the fact that a rival club caused this to happen to the city of Liverpool. Was I not clear about that?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

ZeeBoi posted:

I am merely expressing my amusement by the fact that a rival club caused this to happen to the city of Liverpool. Was I not clear about that?

Liverpool is Everton's city too though?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Ungratek posted:

Liverpool is Everton's city too though?

Yes and it’s funny that non-Evertonians may now well be pissed off that they lost the city the status.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'm sure the Kopites are just shaking with rage about the cultural status of their city no longer being officially recognised

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1418209230637584388

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hell yeah

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

greazeball posted:

I'm sure the Kopites are just shaking with rage about the cultural status of their city no longer being officially recognised

They were too busy disguising themselves as Everton fans and putting up anti-Rafa signs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

He looks thrilled.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ole's at the wheel until 2024

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57954333

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ChrisDHWaugh/status/1418483629907451906

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can't wait for the dipshit antivaxxers to be outed

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
noted racist John Terry has left Villa and is supposedly in contention for a manager job, possibly Swansea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

noted racist John Terry has left Villa and is supposedly in contention for a manager job, possibly Swansea

Shouldn't be a surprise that he lands somewhere playing in all white

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
From what I know about Swansea fans that’s a hell of a good match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looking forward to him going full kit wanker in the dugout

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Full Chelsea kit, remembering when he was a somewhat respected player and not a philandering racist

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jakabite posted:

Full Chelsea kit, remembering when he was a somewhat respected player and not a philandering racist

When was this

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

When was this

When I was about 8 and didn’t know what philandering was

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I remember when Abou Diaby kicked him in the face

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
KICK the racism out of Football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkFV1_VDMw

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Nope, no chance.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jakabite posted:

England's Brave Salmon John Terry

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Half-expected the Curb Your Enthusiasm ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
looks like headers are being phased out at youth level and pros are being limited to 10 headers a week

not sure how header rationing is going to be enforced but will be interesting to see what set pieces look like going forward. I'll miss big beefy bullet headers, RIP