Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

of what is best to have for breakfast.

so go on BYOB, tell me of your ideal breakfast meal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

tasty food that's not too rich and a good coffee

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

French Accent

anything goes with eggs and toast

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I was told I have to post in 3 BYOB threads so here goes...

Weekday breakfast is scrambled eggs, healthy and simple to make without being bland. Weekend breakfast is as dirty as you can make it, I go for a hash brown/bacon sandwich

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Manifisto

muffins may not be the healthiest of options, and many muffins are mediocre, but a really good muffin with coffee is a great brekky. probably just as well that good muffins are rare.

an omelet with toast and fresh fruit is extremely good on occasion

ty nesamdoom!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I've been getting red-eyes at the place across the street, and a bagel with butter so that it doesn't destroy my stomach. they make a good gabagool and muttadell sandwich with pesto for late breakfast too :yum:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Manifisto

your friend sk posted:

I've been getting red-eyes at the place across the street, and a bagel with butter so that it doesn't destroy my stomach. they make a good gabagool and muttadell sandwich with pesto for late breakfast too :yum:

huh I would not have figured out that gabagool was capocollo, muttadell on the other hand is pretty self-explanatory, except it could be mozzarella or mortadella so I guess it isn't :smith:

ty nesamdoom!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Manifisto posted:

huh I would not have figured out that gabagool was capocollo, muttadell on the other hand is pretty self-explanatory, except it could be mozzarella or mortadella so I guess it isn't :smith:

in this case it's mozzarella! v good

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
two egg omelette seasoned with garlic and chili powder with ham and cheese wrapped up in a flour tortilla to make a breakfast burrito

:boom:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

two egg omelette seasoned with garlic and chili powder with ham and cheese wrapped up in a flour tortilla to make a breakfast burrito

:boom:

yes please

will there be salsa on this burrito

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

yes please

will there be salsa on this burrito

:eng99:

next time perhaps, the burrito has already been consumed and is being turned into vital energy and nutrients and poop as we speak

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

:eng99:

next time perhaps, the burrito has already been consumed and is being turned into vital energy and nutrients and poop as we speak

better eat a spoonful or two of salsa just to be sure

ty nesamdoom!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Just yogurt and granola with some fresh fruit and maybe honey, and tea if I'm being good but more likely coffee. Or toast with peanut butter, cilantro, scallions, and chili sauce if I want something savory. I don't eat too many eggs really. On a weekend probably breakfast tacos.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

during the week, if i eat breakfast its usually just a banana

weekends i usually make something with eggs and veggies or i go and get something from the bakery. pastries ftw

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
when u don't wake up until around 2 pm, "breakfast" usually means a burg or some Chinese. I haven't had an am breakfast in years

:negative:

nut

the ~ultimate~ is ez, coffee, bagel, smoked salmon, creamed cheese, n capers will accept caper berries 2

nut

mods plz dm all posters and tell them that yes the lemon is implied

Ventral EggSac

nut posted:

the ~ultimate~ is ez, coffee, bagel, smoked salmon, creamed cheese, n capers will accept caper berries 2

gently caress yes and amen to this one, except no smolked salmon cause of vegetarianism and hella everything bagel seeds and seasoning

Manifisto

I did not see thinly sliced red onion mentioned, for shame

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Ventral EggSac posted:

gently caress yes and amen to this one, except no smolked salmon cause of vegetarianism and hella everything bagel seeds and seasoning

I saw someone make vegan smoked salmon out of carrot, they claimed it was pretty good

ty nesamdoom!

Ventral EggSac

Manifisto posted:

I saw someone make vegan smoked salmon out of carrot, they claimed it was pretty good

whoa that reminds me of the watermelon ham ($75 for each watermelon ham)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWE4PT1hENA

carrot salmon sounds like it might be better

How Wonderful!

Smoked carrot on a bagel is really good

nut

Manifisto posted:

I did not see thinly sliced red onion mentioned, for shame

i will accept a lot of pickled substitutes but i just can't onion, i immediately recognize how bad my breath is gonna smell 4 the rest of the day

Manifisto

nut posted:

i will accept a lot of pickled substitutes but i just can't onion, i immediately recognize how bad my breath is gonna smell 4 the rest of the day

when you are already condemning yourself to fish breath I feel like half measures are pointless

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
they're called tictacs and they sell them for a reason

Escape From Noise

Usually just fruit right now during the week.

When I have the energy I like to make myself a breakfast burrito.

Another thing I enjoyed was a bagel with chevre, red onion, cucumber, tomato, and arugula.

If I'm going to just say "gently caress it" I have a soft spot for biscuits and gravy.

nut

Luvcow posted:

my boss asking why I smell like onion and Electric Blue Boogaloo Raspberry

Heather Papps

hello friend

big fan of a black coffee and a cigarette, something i have heard referred to as a "whore's breakfast" but i don't know what to call it anymore because that seems kind of judgmental

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

another fine garnish for bagels with lox

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

Tang and a Slim Jim.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
mexican cuisine has perfected breakfast

chilaquiles with over medium eggs on top is the breakfast they serve in heaven

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax
Today I made waffles from eggs, mashed-up banana, oatmeal flour, oatmilk, baking powder, cardamom and cinnamon. It’s nice with berries, peanut butter and black coffee + our babies can also eat them (without the coffee, though I see them eyeballing it like little gremlins)

Don’t know if it’s the ideal breakfast, but it’s tasty and works under the circumstances.

Pre-babies I’d often have vegetarian full English breakfast at weekends and oatmeal porridge on weekdays.

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain

Escape From Noise

canyoneer posted:

mexican cuisine has perfected breakfast

chilaquiles with over medium eggs on top is the breakfast they serve in heaven

Big fan of migas as well.

Escape From Noise

Can't believe I forgot huevos rancheros

Stoner Sloth

these are all good answers; keep them coming folks - i'm this close to deciding a winner,!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Escape From Noise

A ship full of sex arses

Stoner Sloth

Escape From Noise posted:

A ship full of sex arses new challenger has appeared!

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

The best breakfast is moka pot latte with either: leftover chinese, eggs benedict, or chilaquiles (salsa verde, not rojos), with a dessert pinner to enjoy the sunrise.

The not-special occasion brekfast is moka pot espresso (black) with berry oatmeal, 1 slice whole grain toast with peppered avocado, and a couple glasses of water.
high cholesterol is stupid :(

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

How Wonderful!

Oh yeah migas are really good, chilaquiles are really good, I can't believe I forgot.

I like a tofu scramble too but at home, honestly, if it's breakfast time in the middle of the week I'm not going to have the patience to press and prepare tofu. If I'm really needing a pick me up and I have odds and ends on hand a big plate of fried rice with scrambled eggs is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wouldn't the water from tofu just evaporate out of the pan pretty quickly if you scrambled it?