Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Robnoxious posted:

With that "Good Morning Incident" that was showcased tonight, we know Tiffany has a pretty good strategic game but her social game may ultimately be her downfall.

After watching her reveal the Royal Flush alliance to Hannah tonight, I think her biggest issue may be overconfidence. She has had her hand in a lot of decisions that have been made, and she probably feels really safe because of the Cookout and Royal Flush protecting her. So, I wonder how much her feeling of overconfidence leads to her making questionable social game decisions.

I am glad Derek X won the HOH. I think he's making the correct decision in targeting a member of the Kings. I feel like he's at the bottom of the Royal Flush alliance, because he's the only Ace, and it's probably better to take the shot when he has power rather than get out a member of the Jokers. Now, whether a King goes home this week is another issue, but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

After watching her reveal the Royal Flush alliance to Hannah tonight, I think her biggest issue may be overconfidence. She has had her hand in a lot of decisions that have been made, and she probably feels really safe because of the Cookout and Royal Flush protecting her. So, I wonder how much her feeling of overconfidence leads to her making questionable social game decisions.
Yup yup, it's fine to be strategic, it's quite another to get yer hand caught getting cookies from a lot of different cookie jars.

Hannah discovering The Royal Flush by Tiff's own loose lips is a big blemish on her resume.
That poo poo will boomerang back.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hannah is crushing these last two weeks and she was on the block for one of them. She really seems awesome. Would love to see her and Tiff as final 2. Xavier seems to be playing it really smartly, too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Really love the Tiffany Royal Flush blunder. Shades of Chef Joe in the dark talking to Dan by mistake thinking he was Shane.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Hannah does seem smart, and I can see her going far in this game. And yeah, Xavier seems like he's set himself up to fly through the next few weeks.

I really laughed last night when Sarah Beth tried to smooth it over with Hannah before the eviction.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Derek X and Hannah are definitely the two I'm rooting for most at this point. Love that Derek is taking the shot at Christian, we've seen so many seasons where the person in his position hesitates and the whole thing goes to hell as a result.

The Cookout is playing really well at this point, but that slip by Tiffany probably gave Hannah all the ammo she needs to rally Derek F and Azah for numbers when the time comes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol at not showing the veto ceremony the same week as an endurance HOH

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, it's pretty rare for them to not show the veto meeting at the end of the middle week episode.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I was so bummed that I have to wait until tonight to see what happens.

Derek X would be an idiot not to put up Christian now.

Also, like everyone else, I am glad that Derek X is going after Christian now. Even if he doesn't get him (which I think he will -- the votes seem to be there), it's a big move early in the game that will now change the next few weeks. The last few years have just been a death march as big alliances crush the life out of the game.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BUT FIRST

Wow? They couldn't show this on Wednesday?

What the Hell.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Showmances are stoopid but "Chrisalyss "just might be the cutest name pairing to date :3:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Big D sussed out Tiff fo sho.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Tiff's power level is unravelling.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I wonder how long Tiffany will last in this house.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

So, in the end, Tiff's escapades this week amounted to a big fat goose egg.
It was a week she should have kept her trap shut and ride the waves.

I pegged her as smart.
I pegged her as strategic.

This was a huge blunder and Tiff is near if not top of the chop list now. :ughh:

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 13, 2021

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Robnoxious posted:

So, in the end, Tiff's escapades this week amounted to a big fat goose egg.

I pegged her as smart.
I pegged her as strategic.

This was a huge blunder and Tiff is near if not top of the chop list now. :ughh:

Yeah, Tiff's biggest advantage was that she seemed to be at the top of the Cookout and Royal Flush alliances. And she seemed smart/strategic enough to maneuver that. But, like, half of the Cookout can't seem to stand her, and the Royal Flush appears done. And I don't think her social game is any good, so she seems vulnerable at this point.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

She'll prolly win HOH in a few minutes and start a Reign of Terror the likes BB has never seen!

:siren: Jury Begins NOW :siren:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I think Tiffany would get affected by the power of HOH even worse than Frenchie.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BB:10bux: 'eh?

Christ, here is where the crazy cat ladies at Jokers gently caress this season up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I don’t think so, even the Jokers polls generally correspond to the actual fun and good people. I think Derek and Hannah are locks for the big bux.

I like the money aspect, reminds me of a common wrinkle in real and variety Korean challenge shows.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Okay, then who should we pool text messages toward knowing *GASP* MOBILE DATA RATES WILL APPLY! :wth:

(like no one has an unlimited mobile text plan by now) :)

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I'm down with flooding the wallets of Derek X, Xavier and Hannah with BB$BUX

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Why the hell would Sarah Beth play in the veto derby? Her best friend is the HOA. I’m blown away.

Tiffani was at least being selfish/setting a smoke screen.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Because if someone wins it and doesn’t use it, the noms are stuck.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That makes sense.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cold as gently caress

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

While I do think Britini's life in this game has lasted longer than I would have expected, it does feel funny that Tiffany of all people is saying how the Jokers have shielded her more than they should have in the same episode where she was trying to shield Claire.

It is funny that Derek F made himself a pawn to protect the Jokers, had the worst possible outcome happen, and now two Jokers are going to be on the block.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I wanted to see a non-Cookout player win, but it turns out, I just wanted to see Derek X to win.

It will be interesting to see how this week goes. I assume SB's target is Hannah, just because of prior history. But Ky being her closest ally means he will probably float Derek X. I guess we'll see!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The real trouble is that if your target is Hannah, putting Derek X up next to her is actually legitimately the smartest play. All Ky has to do is point out that Derek winning veto and pulling Hannah off is extremely likely, and that would seal it. The good news is that Derek seems smart enough to know how easy of a target he is and isn't blindly trusting Ky to look out for his best interests, so I expect him to make some overtures to SB. And SB does seem perceptive enough to not get stuck on her targets from weeks ago.

The interesting thing will be if the Cookout is smart enough to let Hannah go on the block and stay there, knowing that they control the votes to keep her. And if they can sell Hannah on staying on the block through eviction night and ultimately losing her close ally while Tiffany once again gets to keep hers.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It does show how great the Cookout's strategy is, though. They have a 6-person alliance, but also have one person in the house that they are super close to. Leaving Derek X and Claire together means they may start piecing it together. However, after Derek X eliminated Christian, he's cut himself off from Alyssa. And, unless SB starts talking to X and Claire and comparing notes, this looks like it's going to be a very easy ride to the Final 6 for this Alliance.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

They are absolutely going to talk SB into backdooring DX, this week likely hinges on if he can win the veto or not.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

^burtle posted:

They are absolutely going to talk SB into backdooring DX, this week likely hinges on if he can win the veto or not.

Yep. Still looks that way. Best case scenario, Derek X wins veto and takes down Claire, then SB is unknowingly forced to put up a Cookout member.

I realize he doesn't have much proof, and he's not close with SB, but if only Derek X could share his suspicions with her. And Alyssa. But, it feels like a lot has to occur for that to happen.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

DX got eliminated. That sucks.

Now to wait and see when the Cookout implodes. Do they actually make it to the Final 6? The odds are certainly in their favour now.

I feel like I am coming around to Tiffany. Although, it seemed like a better game move for her and Azah to keep DX, just because I am not sure how they are positioned within the Cookout.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

That Nicole F line was so good lol.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I’m guessing Alyssa and SB to the block with the hopes to keep noms the same through the power and the veto.

Cookout seems pretty locked in, the only question will be if Ky can actually do what needs to be done.

I’m hoping for X to win with who is left.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Xavier feels like the safe, typical BB winner.
Tiffany feels like the type who gets close but falls short.
Hannah feels like the dark horse who sneaks in a decent win.
Kyland feels like he would be the rat winner.
The rest haven’t done enough to really make me think they have any chance.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I personally think Tiff isn't going to go all scorched Earth on the white chicks, at least with her initial noms.
She still has to keep the Cookout in the shadows.
She'll try to be cute with her noms but who knows what shakes loose with a Coin of Destiny flip.

I do think Tiff will be running her mouth this week in HOH to the point where the Cookout alliance will be exposed by accident.

Big D (pawn) with an either/or combo of SB or Alyssia going up fo sho.
X has to go up as a 3rd because of his Veto penalty.

Claire/SB/Alyissa are walking next week.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I guess I'm fully rooting for Hannah at this point. Won't lie though, now that Derek X is out (and the game has more or less returned to its state of "large alliance picks off hapless outsiders") my motivation to watch all three shows in a week has kind of plummeted.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The buyback could still happen, and Derek X is America's Darling.

It could be a revolving Kaysar Door but there are still twists in the midst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Isn’t the Battleback usually pre-jury though?