Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Did the cut the epidural running stunt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

That's something Steve-O did on his own, don't think it was for the movie.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah that was for his own show. It's a crazy bit and I hope he releases a proper video of those stunts soon.

They did sorta re-create one of the stunts from his show for 4.5 with the condoms.

In his show, it was filling them up with piss and then doing the condom gag. In 4.5 it was just filled with piss and poo poo from the RV.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the weeks old piss condom was amazing and insane to watch. how are these dudes not dead of many many things

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

precision posted:

the weeks old piss condom was amazing and insane to watch. how are these dudes not dead of many many things

Oh that's right. It was piss that his posse and he had been collecting and storing for weeks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh that's right. It was piss that his posse and he had been collecting and storing for weeks

in 4.5 it seemed like there was an implication that it wasn't just piss, but i think that was just confusion, there is no way

i mean, not until 5 anyway

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vier posted:

Did the cut the epidural running stunt?

OH GOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUm-SYkkAUA

OH GOD

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

precision posted:

in 4.5 it seemed like there was an implication that it wasn't just piss, but i think that was just confusion, there is no way

i mean, not until 5 anyway

I'm sorry I misunderstood.

In Steve-O's show, it was jugs of piss that his posse had been storing for weeks.

In Jackass 4/4.5, it was the waste from RV. I don't know what they call that tank.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

There was a video in his live show that involved saving his piss in jugs for weeks, that he had sitting all over his front lawn. I don't remember what he was saving it for though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Managed to see Forever. Holy moly, Danger Ehran couldn't be paid well enough to do that. There's an entire coda of him getting hit in the nuts repeatedly. He surely must be retired after this.

As for Pontius, he's really a funny guy and works well as a 'second host' when Knoxville isn't on. Rachel filled a similar niche a few times, bringing the riffs to lighten the mood.

No-selling the taser to the tongue and the scorpion bites was intense. The taser was super impressive, but overshadowed by the insane guillotine Steve-O did right after.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

well why not posted:

As for Pontius, he's really a funny guy and works well as a 'second host' when Knoxville isn't on.

Oh yeah, Pontius is great. Just an observation that he didn't do much else than being a funny guy on the side.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The Steve-O and Pontius show Wildboyz is fantastic because it’s just them traveling around the world and doing dangerous stunts often injured by local wildlife. And Knoxville comes along sometimes.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Cat Hassler posted:

The Steve-O and Pontius show Wildboyz is fantastic because it’s just them traveling around the world and doing dangerous stunts often injured by local wildlife. And Knoxville comes along sometimes.

my favourite Wildboyz episode is where Knoxville, in the show about animals, decides to get a prostate exam

e: by a doctor, not an animal

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I watched 3.5 last night. It's way more focused on bodily harm than Forever/4.5. The ski sections are very boring, but does highlight how much more willing they used to be to throw themselves at the ground, hard.

Bam is a bit of a sook, sure, but he's pretty game for doing the drywall dropin and some of the treadmill stunts.

Von Pluring posted:

Oh yeah, Pontius is great. Just an observation that he didn't do much else than being a funny guy on the side.

He got his dick bitten by a turtle, and then later, squashed flat.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Pontius' dick has its own booking agent.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I loved in the first season of Wildboyz there’s a baboon sitting on top of their van playing with his dick and Pontius goes “I was gonna say that baboon has a weird dick, but then I realized it kinda looks like mine”

Then in Borneo they went to a tribal festival and got extremely hosed up. The next morning bright and early Pontius is sleeping in a chair and Steve O on the bed of their hotel room and the crew brings an orangutan in to wake them up. Which drinks a pitcher of something sitting there overnight and starts breaking stuff. It starts taking a poo poo so of course Pontius grabs it and smashes it on Steve O’s head

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The 'Trick Nut Shot' montage at the end of 3.5 is a perfect bit.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Bam is missing :(

Bam Margera Reported Missing by Florida Rehab Centre After Leaving Prematurely

quote:

Jackass franchise star Bam Margera was reported missing this past Monday (June 13) after prematurely leaving a Florida rehab facility that he was reportedly attending under court order.

As reported by TMZ, Margera told the facility's manager that he was displeased with their services and would be "checking himself into a different rehab centre in the area" before leaving the premises in a black sedan.

Employees at the facility made clear that Margera did not appear to be a "danger to himself or others," but the missing person report was necessary due to the court order.

Police reportedly searched for Margera unsuccessfully following the report, though it's not believed that he's in any sort of crisis. Since leaving the facility, Margera has even posted on his Instagram account, posing for a photo with his new AA sponsor.

As TMZ notes, Margera's friends and family are reportedly working on getting him back to the facility. Last month, Margera commemorated his completion of a 12-month treatment program for substance abuse in Florida. It was reported at the time that he would be entering an outpatient program for several additional months.

Earlier this year, Margera reportedly settled his wrongful termination lawsuit against Johnny Knoxville, Spike Jonze, Jeff Tremaine, Paramount Pictures, Dickhouse Entertainment, Gorilla Flicks and MTV.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I’d be happy for him if he finally gets it together but I don’t think he’s going to end up happy and healthy like Steve O

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

he's been found

quote:

Bam Margera was found by authorities Wednesday hiding out in a Florida hotel room after he fled a nearby rehab facility two days earlier.

The “Jackass” alum was sober and cooperative when he was picked up in Delray Beach by cops and a crisis intervention team, who took him back to the rehab facility located in the same city, sources told TMZ.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I saw the clip with Ehren and the bear. It's legit hosed up. Left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Ok

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The bear clip freaked me out just because of how the trainer is like "OK I have to stop this" and enters the room with some urgency. I know they hire the best animal guys in the biz but it kind of gives you a sense that if they're not on the ball somebody's getting their dick bitten off.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Even if they're on the ball, if that bear had decided to take a swipe or a bite, it wouldn't have mattered how fast the trainer was.
But what really pushed it over the top for me was that he didn't know what was going to happen and was tied up and helpless. That just pushed it into "I'm just watching somebody get tortured" territory for me.
The animal segments were always a low point IMO anyway. Or if they're gonna do one, at least know what they're signing up for, like Knoxville and the bull.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Wildboyz was great because it was Steve O and Chris Pontius willingly getting bitten/stung/pinched/shocked/chased by animals

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The thing that gets to me more as I get older is the psychological stuff. I was watching 4.5 and the way Dave talks about the 'Silence of the Lambs' bit, he sounds legitimately traumatized by it.

There's a clip of him in the hallway after the prank ends and he's nervous to walk around corners, like "is it actually over?" Imagine having that dread hanging over you that you're still in a prank.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

The bear clip freaked me out just because of how the trainer is like "OK I have to stop this" and enters the room with some urgency. I know they hire the best animal guys in the biz but it kind of gives you a sense that if they're not on the ball somebody's getting their dick bitten off.

This makes me think of the Eric Andre bit where a bear is a guest on the show, comes onto the stage, and immediately you get the impression how real the fear Eric and Hannibal have is, because it's maybe 3 or 4 seconds before the bear starts getting aggressive, leading Eric to go "I am no longer a fan of this bit".

After everything that's happened on his show I totally get why he's ready to wrap it up.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This makes me think of the Eric Andre bit where a bear is a guest on the show, comes onto the stage, and immediately you get the impression how real the fear Eric and Hannibal have is, because it's maybe 3 or 4 seconds before the bear starts getting aggressive, leading Eric to go "I am no longer a fan of this bit".

After everything that's happened on his show I totally get why he's ready to wrap it up.

The bear was superimposed in that bit or they combined takes. It wasn't real.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

stratdax posted:

The bear was superimposed in that bit or they combined takes. It wasn't real.

Are you sure? It's hard to tell with the low res of early Eric Andre Show video, but the shots where the bear is in frame with them look pretty real to me.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Does anyone know where one can find a gif of the opening sequence/cum scene? I just need the goopiest parts, really.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Are you sure? It's hard to tell with the low res of early Eric Andre Show video, but the shots where the bear is in frame with them look pretty real to me.

Yeah, there's a few moments where it isn't split correctly so the bear's snout disappears. If it wasn't for that it would be flawless.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mister Speaker posted:

The thing that gets to me more as I get older is the psychological stuff. I was watching 4.5 and the way Dave talks about the 'Silence of the Lambs' bit, he sounds legitimately traumatized by it.

There's a clip of him in the hallway after the prank ends and he's nervous to walk around corners, like "is it actually over?" Imagine having that dread hanging over you that you're still in a prank.

on the other hand, it's hilarious

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I have the feeling that Dave was playing it up to really sell how scared he was. At any rate, he almost certainly cashed a multimillion dollar check for it, and he knew that something like that could happen when shooting a Jackass movie. He'll be okay.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Hard agree on the bear stunt. That animal handler was seconds away from actually being able to stop the bear if it decided to make a swipe. At least you know the staff/jackass org would have probably reimbursed them if something had gone south vs real torture.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

Happy Hippo posted:

I have the feeling that Dave was playing it up to really sell how scared he was. At any rate, he almost certainly cashed a multimillion dollar check for it, and he knew that something like that could happen when shooting a Jackass movie. He'll be okay.

None of these guys are earning anywhere near that much except maybe Knoxville. The new people in particular got paid very little for this one.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

OrthoTrot posted:

None of these guys are earning anywhere near that much except maybe Knoxville. The new people in particular got paid very little for this one.

That's kind of surprising, but makes sense. I'd be really curious to see what the pay gradation really is between the core cast members and what sort of factors go into it. Knoxville is also one of the producers, isn't he?

Maybe the wildest psychological torture bit is 'Terror Taxi', now that I'm thinking about it. They went so heavy and dark on Ehren, that I thought the rest of the crew legit didn't like him. Of course that's not true, everyone knows he's a superstar, but it felt that way; he was the butt of a lot of sketches but the taxi bit was particularly cruel.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

stratdax posted:

Even if they're on the ball, if that bear had decided to take a swipe or a bite, it wouldn't have mattered how fast the trainer was.
But what really pushed it over the top for me was that he didn't know what was going to happen and was tied up and helpless. That just pushed it into "I'm just watching somebody get tortured" territory for me.
The animal segments were always a low point IMO anyway. Or if they're gonna do one, at least know what they're signing up for, like Knoxville and the bull.

You can see the salmon move from the seat of his chair to tucked in his shirt near his pants line so there was clearly more than one take. He was fine.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
https://amp.tmz.com/2022/06/26/bam-margera-missing-rehab-facility-drugs/

Bam escaped from rehab again.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
drat. :( How do these rehab places work, anyway? Is it entirely on the honour system or something? Seems like people walk out of them all the time.

Is there a Beavis & Butthead thread? It's sort of adjacent to the Jackass franchise so I'll say it here: The new movie was OK. I mean, it was really, really dumb, but it's that kind of dumb that only those characters can get away with. The trailer didn't give me good vibes but it was honestly all the cheapest material, the actual movie had much bigger laughs. I do feel old though because a lot of my younger friends absolutely cannot relate to how I enjoy that kind of humour. It really is a "you had to be there" kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Happy Hippo posted:

we should all be so lucky as to have friends who care enough to scare us that bad :3: