Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Live At Five! posted:

You know Silence of the Lambs is a good bit when Dave England said it was the worst experience he's had on set

This is the man who once ate all the ingredients to make an omelette, vomited them up into a pan and cooked them.

I think Dave has a pretty strong constitution for the nasty-rear end stuff but scares easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

This is the man who once ate all the ingredients to make an omelette, vomited them up into a pan and cooked them.

I think Dave has a pretty strong constitution for the nasty-rear end stuff but scares easily.

I can't really blame him, Jackass 4.5 really drills down on what a nightmare it must be to be on set.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

None of that stuff was out there!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

he has a very funny gross-out bit in 4.5 too, I love him

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Breadallelogram posted:

he has a very funny gross-out bit in 4.5 too, I love him

You mean the popsicle after the hot sauce enemas? If so, yeah, that's a classic moment.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Yes!

Does anyone know why Dave England only has one testicle? I don't think I ever knew about that before this movie.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Breadallelogram posted:

Yes!

Does anyone know why Dave England only has one testicle? I don't think I ever knew about that before this movie.

quote:

During the Bathroom Break Podcast with former Jackass and CKY crew member Chris Raab, Dave stated he lost one of his testicles after suffering a double hernia during a snowboard accident in New Zealand.[4]

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Zach guy not finding a piece of fish under one of his flabs for 2 days is so fuckin gross lol.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Mister Speaker posted:

Did they also claim that some super poisonous snakes got lose during Silence Of The Lambs?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Finally got a chance to watch 4.5. Some of these bits absolutely should have been in Forever, but I get why they wanted to put some of the better bits in 4.5 instead. I love these movies and hope the TV revival still has that special jackass something.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The poopies ladder bit lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think the obvious play is to have Rachel and Poopies be the main people for the new episodes, they both have the charisma for sure

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have nothing against the new people but if they ever tried to do something without the original cast being at the forefront it would be the most DOA thing to ever exist.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

I have nothing against the new people but if they ever tried to do something without the original cast being at the forefront it would be the most DOA thing to ever exist.

i really don't think so

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Everybody loves Poopies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

precision posted:

i really don't think so

I think the most difficult one to replace would be Knoxville. He's a really good ringleader and he has such a great level of enthusiasm for whatever is about to happen. That's a necessary ingredient for show and it's hard to replicate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think the most difficult one to replace would be Knoxville. He's a really good ringleader and he has such a great level of enthusiasm for whatever is about to happen. That's a necessary ingredient for show and it's hard to replicate.

He's also incredibly charismatic, which is probably one of the reasons this poo poo has lasted

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 22, 2022

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
What's the deal with Pontius never really participating in any of the stunts? He's mostly just wearing drag, making commentary or setting stuff in motion, but he's almost never on the receiving end.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I suppose his place is earned by the copious dong footage he provides.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 23, 2022

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm surprised Down the Clown didn't make Forever. The escalation of nut shots was killing me.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Pontius let a snake bite him in the dick, he never needs to do another stunt again in my book

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TL posted:

Pontius let a snake bite him in the dick, he never needs to do another stunt again in my book

yeah for real

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Pontius is around for 1 explicit kind of stunt, and its any stunt with a dick out on camera.

He doesn't need to do more beyond that.

Any bonus party boy appearance is good too, never forget a bedazzled man thong.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Pontius summed it up himself during the series

Chris Pontius posted:

My job on this show is to be naked, not kill myself.

also he usually has some great comments whenever he's in the peanut gallery

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Pontius is the funniest and most charming, he pulls his weight for sure

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's the laugh. I will never get tired of hearing Knoxville laugh at poo poo.

precision posted:

i think the obvious play is to have Rachel and Poopies be the main people for the new episodes, they both have the charisma for sure

Rachel didn't really get much in 4 but drat her comments were hilarious in 4.5.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

LesterGroans posted:

I'm surprised Down the Clown didn't make Forever. The escalation of nut shots was killing me.

Me too. The bowling ball cup test, too. Actually there's a lot of stuff in 4.5 that I think should have made the theatrical release. Dare I say, I think I liked it more overall.

Both the Irving bits had me in stitches.

Push El Burrito posted:

It's the laugh. I will never get tired of hearing Knoxville laugh at poo poo.

Yeah it's definitely this. It's amazing how he can be doubled over in pain one second, and laughing hysterically the next - again I'm thinking of Down the Clown here in particular.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Winklebottom posted:

also he usually has some great comments whenever he's in the peanut gallery

'You're bringing jazz back to the working man' while standing over a grown man with a party horn in his anus has to be one of the funniest things ever committed to film.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

jackhunter64 posted:

'You're bringing jazz back to the working man' while standing over a grown man with a party horn in his anus has to be one of the funniest things ever committed to film.

"Ideally you want something that’s not painful but looks really bad. This is the opposite... Do it again." while watching Bam and Dunn wreck themselves on The Blowback is one of my favorites from 3.5

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So after watching 4.5

4.5 > 4

I like the format of documentary and bits

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So after watching 4.5

4.5 > 4

I like the format of documentary and bits

i think i might agree

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Mister Speaker posted:

Both the Irving bits had me in stitches.

The woman walking back and finding him on top of the bus stop still in the wheel chair was genius. She reacted more to the smoking than the fact a wheelchair bound man was somehow able to get himself AND his wheelchair onto the bus stop.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I kinda want Eric Andre to join full time

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I missed 4 in cinemas and 4.5 is a weird watch if you haven’t seen 4. They talk about all this fun stuff you can’t see! It was nice to get the interview stuff but it’s seemingly more a companion piece than an expanded version.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

well why not posted:

I missed 4 in cinemas and 4.5 is a weird watch if you haven’t seen 4. They talk about all this fun stuff you can’t see! It was nice to get the interview stuff but it’s seemingly more a companion piece than an expanded version.

It’s exactly that. It’s mostly stuff that didn’t get used in the movie itself and some behind the scenes stuff.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Frustrating because 4 itself isn’t on Netflix here but 4.5 is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

well why not posted:

Frustrating because 4 itself isn’t on Netflix here but 4.5 is.

I believe there is some exclusivity for Paramount Plus (I'm assuming you're a filthy canuck like me). We'll probably get it on Crave in a month or two.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

beggar posted:

The poopies ladder bit lmao

That was a standout moment for me. I miss the stupid, absurd, little one-off pranks/stunts, I feel like they stopped doing them as much as the show/movies progressed.

Like when Steve-O just jumped into his ceiling fan. Quality content right there.

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 26, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the brick drop makes me want to curl up and shield my junk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I believe there is some exclusivity for Paramount Plus (I'm assuming you're a filthy canuck like me). We'll probably get it on Crave in a month or two.

I'm afraid it's much worse, Australian. It's only available for rent/buy on AppleTV/iTunes.