Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
All this talk of favorite Jackass moments and no one brought up The Wind Tunnel, or Bam and a bunch of snakes in a horse trailer from Number Two.

Maybe my favorite segment ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I just rewatched the first movie and part of the first season and BOY it was a lot more tame back then.

The big finale of the movie? My memory is pretty grand but it's just Knoxville getting catapulted like 12 feet in to a lake? The opening shopping cart is a much bigger deal.

Whatever, Rip Taylor is there and elevates everything.

Just remembered Rip Taylor is dead. :smith: Who's gonna take his place in the finale?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Eventually Jackass is just going to look like Son of Jackass, just without any makeup needed

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1481978378286768128

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

An oral history of Jackass from the beginning to Jackass Forever

quote:

KNOXVILLE The first movie was a punk show. Jackass Forever is like a Rolling Stones concert.

PONTIUS Plus the challenges of filming with COVID going on and somehow not stopping it.

KNOXVILLE Filming a very dangerous movie in the safest way possible. “Don’t cough on the bull.”

STEVE-O And with all the #MeToo stuff so fresh in everybody’s consciousness. And then we bring on this girl …

TREMAINE Rachel Wolfson. Knoxville followed her on Instagram. She’s just a hilarious stand-up comedian. So we brought her out, and she fit right in.

STEVE-O And now we’ve got the human resources giving us the seminar about sexual harassment. And then after that, we walk in front of the cameras, and everyone’s just got their dicks out.

PONTIUS They’re like, “Unless you’re shooting, you can’t have your penises out.”

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Johnny Knoxville on the past, present and future of Jackass, including Jackass 4.5 as well as the Bam situation.

quote:

Some people will probably be surprised by the amount of male nudity in this one.
[Huge, roaring laugh]

That’s not new for Jackass, but you really upped it this time.
There’s so much male nudity in it. There’s so many funny full-frontal ideas that we had to take to [the upcoming Jackass outtakes movie] 4.5, because you can only have so much cock in a movie.

At a certain point, it’s going to get you an NC-17.
Jeff and I would have conversations like, “We have shot too many cock bits this week. No more cock for a while.” There’s a tipping point where you’re like, “It’s over. I’ve seen enough cocks.” And then three or four days later we’d be like, “It’s probably funnier if his cock is out.”

quote:

You mentioned Jackass 4.5. That’s going to Netflix?
Yeah. I believe that’s going to come out on Netflix. It’s strong. You know we have a strong movie when 4.5 is strong. So many great things got kicked out of Jackass Forever just because maybe they were similar to something else we had in the film, or we had too many pranks on the cast, or too many things like this. Any number of reasons can kick something into 4.5. Also, it’s great since you can breakdown a scene and do interviews and get a little underneath the hood of a stunt or a prank. And there’s more (Compston) Darkshark (Wilson) in that one. He’s amazing! He’s the funniest guy!

Especially when you duct-tape him into a chair and put a tarantula in his helmet.
Yeah. And he’s strong. When he just ripped through the duct tape — that’s extremely hard to do. Then he was in a fear lock and he just grabbed ahold of me and the animal trainer. There was nothing we could do to let go. We just had to let him work through. He didn’t even know where he was in those moments. He’s terrified of heights [as well], and we took him skydiving. That’s in 4.5.

quote:

I know you’ve talked about the Bam situation a lot over the past few weeks. But watching all that play out on TMZ during the filming of the movie must have been a huge distraction, and very emotionally draining.
It’s very sad and draining, but at the end of the day, we all love Bam so much and want him to get well. We hope he’ll make that decision to do that. I miss him. We all miss him. We all wanted him to be in this movie wall-to-wall, and that’s not how it worked out, and that’s very disappointing. But fingers crossed that he can turn his life around. We’re always there for him.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1494303697051992067?t=Cw1yPVBwDmiOuJhNEeCYlg&s=19

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

he has a very funny gross-out bit in 4.5 too, I love him

You mean the popsicle after the hot sauce enemas? If so, yeah, that's a classic moment.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

precision posted:

Hell yeah let's go Jackass 5.

Jackass V?
Jackass the Fifth?
5 Jack 5 rear end?

Jacka55, obviously. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

If you haven't seen Jackass Forever yet, or just want to watch it again, it's now on Prime Video.

Still no word on a physical release for 4.5 though. :sigh: