Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
alright, gently caress it, i'll say it... i loved this version of cs, and i played the poo poo out of the campaign, and all the community servers too!! also that menu music!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYTy8TWM3JA

who else?? speak up cz goonz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I only played the original counterstrike but the lovely machine pistols the mac10 and the tmp were the best. I once got 3 headshots with one burst from the mac10. Also if you managed to kill someone with the tmp you totally owned them, it took like 11-12 hits to the body if they had armor

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I suck at online shooters so I played a lot of this with bots and it was fun. I might reinstall now that you reminded me of it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Oh yeah, here's my old CS Spray

it still cracks me up.

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 13, 2021

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Elephant Ambush posted:

I suck at online shooters so I played a lot of this with bots and it was fun. I might reinstall now that you reminded me of it.

I loved the bots and weapon challenges. I really enjoyed some of the off the wall maps too that the normal CS crowd would never play.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i remember going from 1.5 to 1.6 and thinking that version had huge frame rate problems. like even years later when i try to play cs on steam it has this odd skippyness to the engine. looking back at previous versions of cs didn't seem to have this problem.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
A long time ago I made custom maps for counterstrike. I made a map based on the video rental store, blockbuster. Even had a custom wad for the sign and VHS tapes. Ahh my youth.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
re-installing right now

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
me and my friends would go to Edison to play this at Java Java over LAN, which was really novel for me. but all the Korean kids who just lived inside the place would loving annihilate us so quickly that I never got good and stopped having fun after like 4 trips

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Counterstrike Condom Zero

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Getting kicked from CS servers because you were playing wrong was the best.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

Getting kicked from CS servers because you were playing wrong was the best.

no auto snipers or auto shotguns allowed :mad:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wish the 'condition' was 'zero' posts. from you.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Big Beef City posted:

I wish the 'condition' was 'zero' posts. from you.

terrorists win

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Vim Fuego posted:

I only played the original counterstrike but the lovely machine pistols the mac10 and the tmp were the best. I once got 3 headshots with one burst from the mac10. Also if you managed to kill someone with the tmp you totally owned them, it took like 11-12 hits to the body if they had armor

mac10 is a headshot machine

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Trash game, ur not supposed to die from one pathetic bullet just eat a ham to regen back hp

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bound my ham slam macro to 'H'.
For 'Ham'.
Also for 'Health'.

Mostly 'Ham' though it's what I think of when I need to heal and use the ham.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
y'all trying to get a CZ goonpub going? I'm in. I'll shoost you all with my pro skills

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

just play 1.6

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
1.6 is garbage and filled with Russian hackers. CZ on the other hand is top tier and filled with Brazilian hackers. totally different experience

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Condition zero campaign was great glad im not the only one that played it good thread OP :cheers:

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
The voice that says 'round draw,' and '[counter] terrorists win' was arrested for being a diddler. I'm always flabbergasted by that.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

could you give me a rundown on the story & plot for the campaign mode? I only have ever played CS:GO, and I mostly just run around and shoot the chickens, but a campaign sounds fun.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

hell astro course posted:

could you give me a rundown on the story & plot for the campaign mode? I only have ever played CS:GO, and I mostly just run around and shoot the chickens, but a campaign sounds fun.

The campaign was just botmatches. But you had goals for each map to get so many kills or headshot or whatever with specific weapons. Gave me a reason to actually use the guns people never buy in multiplayer matches... Don't remember much of a story or anything but it was really fun.

E: Counterstrike Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes is the attempt to make a COD style camaign for counterstrike. It was pretty bad iirc. It came with CZ as a separate install. Don't think I ever made it far enough to comment on they story. Completely forgot about it until just now.

EE:

lol

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 14, 2021

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Counter Strike Condition Virgin

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

hell astro course posted:

The TERRORISTS have the bomb and they're gonna use it! It's up to an elite squad of COUNTER-TERRORISTS to counter their terrorism. So they team up without their shirts on and there's a montage of them all slowly starting to trust and respect each other even though they are so different. For example one guy is German and one guy is French! But they're all White. The guy from AMERICA has the hardest time fitting in because he doesn't know what football is and calls meters yards so he doesn't get to eat lunch at their table. One day he's eating alone on the roof and sees a terrorist sneaking into the warehouse!! So he jumps down and totally fucks the terrorist up, like purposefully breaking ball joints after he's already won the fight and making it so his hands will never work again and stuff. The other counter-terrorists come outside to see what all the hubbub is about and are amazed at the fact that the guy they underestimated single-handedly defeated a sneaky terrorist. The American guy takes command at this point and orders them to put their shirts back on because it's time to go terrorist hunting and the closing scene is them recklessly driving down a busy street in their APC with one of those terrorist hunting license bumper stickers you could buy in 2003 on the back.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
We got married in 2017, Id been at my job for a good 4 or 5 years and Deanne has been a teacher since she left Uni.

Are we thinking of kids? Well, I dunno, I gotta think about work now, and if Deanne is cool with taking time off.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

Robin Williams posted:

Counter Strike Condition Virgin

gently caress

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Not the dark cancelled futures thread.

Sorry.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Marty Crane posted:

The voice that says 'round draw,' and '[counter] terrorists win' was arrested for being a diddler. I'm always flabbergasted by that.

WHAT

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Marty Crane posted:

Never played CZ - how do you draw a round in counterstrike?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

https://counterstrike.fandom.com/wiki/Jess_Cliffe

LoL I forgot this happened, time is meaningless

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
did a few botmaches over lunchbreak. Game is still fun. Some things I noticed.

1. It is a one (1) gig download.
2. buy menu pauses the game for single player. I haven't played any CS in ages so it's kind of nice to be able to look around.
3. I wish CS:GO had some of the botmatch features this game has.
4. Old halflife(quake) engine stuff still looks pretty good at super high res modern resolutions.*

*I like the way dusk looks so take this with a grain of salt

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
What about the Deleted Scenes campaign? I don't remember much about it other than thinking it was extremely generic and mediocre.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

What about the Deleted Scenes campaign? I don't remember much about it other than thinking it was extremely generic and mediocre.

It is extremely generic and mediocre. Even the devs knew that, that's why it got thrown in for free as a separate download.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

counter-strike conditioner

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

barnold posted:

y'all trying to get a CZ goonpub going? I'm in. I'll shoost you all with my pro skills

lol i'll download and play just for nostalgia, my first memories of cs were cz on a 24/7 server with that helicopter map,

you all know the one. its like a huge fall, 2 spawn points, and an island in the middle. both teams had a helicopter and chaos ensued

.... drat im old as gently caress now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

We got for my friends 30th birthday last weekend an original xbox and bunch of games with it, among them was Counter-Strike. I have no idea how people were supposed to play CS online using those bulky controllers.