Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Loving the game, and just wrapped up a hard mode play though now that I really understand the ship building. 4 of these almost made it too easy:

My biggest gripe is the lack of a (complete) repair all button. Having to check and click every tile after every battle is getting annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

That only repairs parts that are below 80% durability for some reason.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Just stubmled upon a neat trick for splitting parts between fleets. When you order part of a fleet out of city while paused, they split into a second group, and take no parts with them. But if you select the new group, then go back into the city, only they show up in shipworks and you can buy things into their inventory. Since buying and selling is 100% even you can sell anything you want from your fleet staying put and rebuy it onto the ships leaving.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Did something change about radar recently? I can't seem to see targets on radar on the main map anymore.

Threw together a test. Here is a trade fleet that I just visually spotted, and should still be able to see via radar after moving away. They called out "Target on radar" and you can see it on the scope, but not on the main map anymore?

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Ah that makes sense. I was using FC radars before since they were cheaper and available. I think I'll stick with the FC for the tracking.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Just found a new bug, you can disappear a whole ship by doing the following:
Have a ship landed
Order it out of the city
Before takeoff, land another ship
Restart or cancel the landing of the second ship
The first ship is now just gone.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

The darkness chain is some kind of time limit, my last game it never happened at all. The Qoda chain seems to just be random chance on taking a town. The Governor/Daud/Diana seems to rely on proximity to Khiva.

There is no hard time limit, only the soft limit on money (through fuel and repairs).

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Do trade fleets spawn repeatedly? I'm sensing that military groups are limited but traders seem to keep appearing.
No, there are ~30 generated at the start of the campaign and they don’t respawn.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I enjoyed doing a challenge run on hard using just the stock ships. I did allow refits in game, which generally consisted of striping off the fluff and adding an engine or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

You will cash our all your loyalty at the end for random extra ships for the finale. You already get quite a few extra ships anyway, so I don't think its a big deal to save loyalty.