Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
So if I ask for X amount of fuel but i take off before i'm fully fueled do i lose that cash/fuel i bought or does it just work it out from how much I got?

AAAAND

if say i have acquired an intrepid but i want to make it into more a lightning, why when i take the armour off can i not save it as a new design as it keeps wanting to repair it back to its normal state, is that just something you cant do?

Finally....

I just took out a strike group for the first time but didn't get any money or anything, is the only reward there is now one less strike group? Or cos it didnt have a name just had an S by it I have mistaken it and it was just one of those smaller support fleets?

by.a.teammate fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

Strike groups will have better loot usually but only if you are nearby to loot them / brawled with them. So basically ya the primary reward is one less strike group. Typically you want to destroy them with a combination of missiles and planes, or severely weaken them before sending in your own fleet, otherwise the cost in damage and time to repair makes it not worth it. Since your engaging them with standoff tactics you generally dont get a lot out of it but having the subsequent freedom to raid and move as you please can be well worth it.

Hmmm it had x3 big ships, i took out one with planes, my cruise missiles got taken out by AA guns and then I brawled to get the last two (think one was damaged) and just seemed to be normal loot from taking a city, get more from a trade fleet, ust seems everyone on reddit has huge fleets and lots of cash not sure if I did something wrong

EDIT - okay something weird is up, I just took a city with a prize ship, didnt kill it and killed the rest and got no cash, maybe something got busted in this game. bummer was the first strike group i managed to take down without using the big boy you start with

by.a.teammate fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 19, 2023

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
Okay found a hidden city! an tips on best things to do mid game? is the only way to make money really just trade ships and selling stuff? I tried the ship builder and just made things that spin, I've been watching phros's play along but still not really sure how i should be playing mid game.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
amazing thanks, ouch didn't realise money was finite too! I've probably wasted a lot on special ammo, was using prox as a crutch a lot til lost all my lightnings

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
should i just take all the armour and stuff off the sevestapool? I feel like its a crutch and prob better to find some more skylarks to buy and have little fleets heading off? (well thats what the internet says i should do)