Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

verbal enema posted:

you have to land EACH craft in your fleet fyi

According to the manual, only ships you select to land at the docks.

Manual posted:

You only need 1 ship in the landing party, and the only reason to add more
is to gain a Repair Speed bonus. You can still repair a craft that doesn’t
land manually, but without any bonus (note that you can also land the
ship individually later in the Shipworks if necessary). Be careful in your
selection as craft with damaged thrusters or landing gear may be more
difficult to land safely!
When your landing party is ready, click OK to proceed with the manual
landing. You’ll land each craft in the landing party sequentially, so ensure
you use the surface space wisely to accommodate them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I don't understand the save points in this game. I lost a campaign, clicked game over, quit the game, but that campaign is still available to load, and bring me back to right before the big battle I lost. When does it actually save/count as failed?

If I've bought and installed a missile launcher, does it restock or do I have to buy an entirely new unit at a new shipyard? Same with bombs.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

Back Hack posted:

So, here are two of my designs that seem to working out for me, they're essentially better Gladiators.

Tallboy: Armed with 4x100mm autocannons and a chain-gun, with options for a couple external missiles and plenty of APS. Basically my workhorse.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b-aPXTJGGeKYtswxemSeGIt5ZEnWIYlo?usp=sharing

Nutcracker: Wielding 2xchain-guns, 2x100mm autocannons, 1x180mm cannon, and internal missile bay of missiles. Basically my cruiser killer, missiles and the cannons put big holes in the armor at a distant, while the chain-guns rip apart the internals components at close-range.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wiu2eJmgHsJ0G8vFmZJzuGO0fZIkHh3P?usp=sharing

The tallboy is awesome so far. Early ships can't punch through the armor and so repair time and cost is way down.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Captured Kiva

Thought that was the end of the game, but LOL NOPE. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now though? I keep getting nuked the instant I fly to the nearest city to refuel.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

Sipher posted:

Captured Kiva

Thought that was the end of the game, but LOL NOPE. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now though? I keep getting nuked the instant I fly to the nearest city to refuel.

Bumping my question. I immediately sold some of the bigger ships so I could refuel enough in a couple hours to fly out of Kiva, but I keep immediately getting 10 nukes thrown at me, with some inevitably hitting the city and causing an immediate game over.