Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah, definitely looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Hell yeah. Thanks for getting that done!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TescoBag posted:

Rumours are this will be out at 6PM BST, which is 6 and a half hours from this post!

Aww, I'll miss the launch then. I'll hop onto it tomorrow, I guess. From the looks of things, this thread might be a useful resource for us all to post things we've realized about the fiddly bits of the game.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

apseudonym posted:

unfortunately while the missile knew where it wasn't it didn't know where the firing ship was.

And it follows that the position where your ship was very quickly became the position where it wasn't.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I played the prologue last night and streamed to some friends and we had a blast. I got a bug where upon landing a ship, every time I entered the main “town” screen the ship would shoot off flares. I also got the one where I could take off from the town screen. I finished the prologue and started a real run and found out that I had bought too many ships and didn’t have enough fuel—I guess I’d assumed that taking tanker ships in my opening fleet meant extending my own range, but you have to buy the fuel.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If you go to the supply shop and click somewhere on the map for buying fuel you might start buying ammo instead because the ammo is still clickable through the map despite not being revealed by perspective yet.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The ship works section is a blast just in itself because you can fire it up and make very goofy vehicles. The game should have a mode where you try to make the weirdest thing you can still land.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You have to hit undo if you want to undo anything, yeah. And that resets everything, you can’t just go back one step.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You can use planes during actual battles too, from what I've seen. Not sure how good they are.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
As far as I understand ammo selection has to happen before the battle.

Ed: I'm wrong, I guess.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

lets hang out posted:

You can replace the aiming line sprite to make it longer but I don't think it actually helps much. Your shots are affected by inertia and gravity and a long straight line doesn't help you there. Still I could upload my experiments with it later today when I get home. It's in Midground2 IIRC.

You can find hidden cities visually, or with ground directed radar, or maybe with IR? Kind of hard to find anything on IR though.

Select the ammo type you want in your secondary slot in the battle prep screen and then press R during battle to swap to it (you'll have to wait for it to be loaded). You'll see a little red light come on above the magazine display to indicate you're using special ammo.

Wait, do you have to swap to it? I haven't looked over at the magazine display during battle in a while, I just guesstimate the reload time.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ceebees posted:

If you choose a special ammo in the pre-battle screen, that ship will enter with that ammo already in the feed.

Good, that's what I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
When you park somewhere in the desert with emissions dark you’re fully invisible right? Radar won’t pick you up?