Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I’m incredibly hyped for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I appreciate how poorly this is being marketed / released

like nobody knows even if it's coming out or how much it'll cost

truly a sign of a truly grognardy game and I am hyped

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

but also the combat is like grueling and difficult and long so you have to have huge fuckoff murder ships or you’re going to be bleeding out through extended repair costs or fleet replacement

also the single ship thing seems super lame as well

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Anybody having resolution issues? There's no options to fine tune the resolution and my mouse jumps the whole screen if I slide it more than a 1/6th of the screen.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, same. Also my "B" button doesn't work for disabling fires. So I pretty much can't fight.

Frustrating.

e: I'm an idiot, my fire suppression was just getting blown off.

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 27, 2021

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I think firing off a nuke escalates the difficulty of enemies

so don’t do what I did and fire one off at a strike group only to have it blown away before it got near

only to find every garrison and strike group having an extra ship and the scariest version possible of each ship

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Anyone have an inkling what makes a “flagship?” I tried to make an expensive cruiser that I thought might qualify but it still forced me to take the Sevastopol in a new campaign. I built a cruiser with no missiles (tactical or strategic), lots of guns, lots of fuel, and all of the sensors. It cost over 100k, but only just (I suspected maybe 100k cost meant flagship.)

The Sevastopol is great don’t get me wrong, but I was trying to downsize the flagship as much as I could. Given the way combat works, I’m inclined to never want to mix roles in the sense of having a ship that has cruise missiles but also guns and things. Since I can only ever field one ship I don’t care to bring along strategic weapons with them.

somebody up thread mentioned it's an .ini thing--sounded easy enough to make anything a flagship

unrelated holy poo poo getting in a cruise missile fight with a strike group is loving dope af. oh you thought you had a monopoly on longe range violence? eat loving 10 cruise missiles motherfuckers

also protip throw a couple of flares chuckers on the lightning and it becomes the best bang for your buck in the early game that exists, poo poo rocks

super unrelated, if anyone else is experiencing mouse skipping / mouse jumping issues try reducing your mouse's polling rate - can we get that in the OP? it fixed my issues and took the game from unplayable to fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

incoherent light posted:

When modifying a ship which isn't docked yet, don't hit "Put In Dock" if you've removed any important pieces of your ship, even if the work hasn't been started. You'll spawn to land without it. I did this with the maneuvering and one main thruster on the sev and it was impossible to land intact. In which case you'll end up reloading from whatever arbitrary point it saved at or restarting.

yep another stupidly obvious thing in this vein is that adding new parts or replacing parts in dock takes time.

so you can't just downgrade a nuclear carrier's arsenal to conventional cruise missiles, if you just plop 'em in and then leave it'll just transfer the unequipped missiles to your inventory and wait until it can install them in dock or w/e