Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the real question is

can you turn off the bullet holes in combat because that just looks annoyingly distracting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

this game is an epileptic nightmare lmao

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the fact you only save at certain save cities and that landing can turn into a fullscreen strobefest if you dare do it doing a storm (you have no control over this) killed it for me. game itself was actually fun, if immediately kind of repetitive in the loop of do landing minigame, do combat game in small speedy craft by holding shift when lines show up, do radio minigame, repeat.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

So I'm mostly anti-roguelike but I hear there are specific cities your can restart from if you get blowed up. How frequent are they, and around how long does it seem a single campaign run would take?

a few cities are save points.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

you apparently can unlock over flagships, one of which is a fleet carrier like that, but gently caress if anyone knows how I guess

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Radar shouldn't outside of extremely close range, but they can still stumble across you visually.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Okay I lost my campaign, the end was getting pretty dumb.

ending chat, mostly reposting from elsewhere:

the final act removes all costs and you get free ships when you visit cities. the name of the game is to flail and go ham, while dealing with the twenty nukes coming your way.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it's pretty obvious where a jammer is, but everything behind the jammer is ?!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

also if you just want to focus on boats and be a ww2 sim but in the air it's easy to cheat engine in money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

elint works by finding radar emissions and it does it from WAAAY far away. elint 1 is like twice? as far as the radar itself reaches. it's far. strike groups might be able to track you down by other means, or they might just be investigating you down there already and just so happen to come across you. or the AI cheats, who knows?

garrison detection is just the garrison doing it as far as I can tell, if you get a surprise attack you jump them. if you fail you still might be able to engage them before they get an alert out. then the people in the city might get upset if you stew around too long because there's like 400 buff russians hanging out and regaining morale, they're probably jerks.