Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

the dev is goony as gently caress and you can see in this video there are a lot of fiddly mechanics leading to a very intended playstyle which no streamer is even approaching. to be fair half of them can barely not pancake their ships on the pavement but it looks like the dev has a super groggy Vision in mind for gameplay, which could be a problem if enough gamers bounce off it hard enough

also this video is months old so when the dev starts off apologizing for missing release date he is not talking about the game's scheduled release on july 27

im also tickled at the anti-marketing at play here by having the dev explain his game with a thick radio static filter to ensure his explanation of his own game is garbled and hard to follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0X9_kWOV4

This video 100% sold me on it, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I shot myself down with my own missile

Awesome

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Play posted:

What do you guys think about the best upgrade, gunner medic or mechanic? Leaning towards mechanic but I'd be curious what you guys think

Also how do you fire missiles? Also what is the difference between the missiles you attach in the shipyard and the missiles you buy in the supplies, is the one you buy in the shipyard just the launcher for the supply missiles? It's not exactly clear

Finally, I'm not able to find any transmissions or make much sense of that, maybe because I'm in the prologue or something but I'm curious how other people have done with transmissions and what seemed to work.

Game is a lot more complex than it first appears

I'm still in the prologue I think, you get to choose all your own ships after that or something?

that... actually kind of is awesome. super loving awesome

space fires them in the mission, the longer range missiles are done from the top right on the tactical map. I think cruise missiles are always the tactical map ones.

I got a ship with missiles on the top and fired it at a target in the same direction I was moving fast but below me, unfortunately while the missile knew where it wasn't it didn't know where the firing ship was.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Play posted:

Good to know, thanks. Your anguish is our intelligence resource.

Do you need to line up/lock on missiles shots, or you just have your cursor aimed at a ship and press space?

I think it fires at the current locked on ship which AFAIK is the one Im pointing at

E: Also reading the manual you get to the special ammo by going right from the supplies, I did not know this.