Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I am beyond stoked for this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah I insta-bought this one, gonna install later tonight probably. Very excited.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Dicked around a bit because it was a slow day - the SIGINT stuff suddenly appearing on the main UI was pretty lol, that was a hell of an info dump

Really like the general aesthetic, ship fights seem fun but I wanna dick around in something bigger than what the early game throws at you

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Patrat posted:

You get given a cruiser toward the end of the tutorial and it seems to be a horrifying monster that wrecks poo poo with its heavy cannon and a bajillion missile launchers. It is also a lumbering behemoth that will get constantly hit and suffer damage though, even if it has point defense guns that buzzsaw down missiles. Capital ships seem to exist 1) To provide gigantic fuel tanks to ferry around your smaller ships 2) provide strategic missile capacity for long range ruination of things (not tried this out yet) and 3) To dumpster enemy ships in critical combats at the cost of getting shot a lot then requiring a painful amount of money and time to fix.

Yeah I just got the cruiser and I'm excited to go smash it into something

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Play posted:

UNFORTUNATELY, I got softlocked during the prologue when they try to teach you how to make repairs on a craft. The guy was telling me to click something but most of the screen was blurred out and I couldn't click anything. Managed to get out of that screen but the guy and his instructions were still there and it wasn't letting me click anything else at all. I assume it wanted me to do something, but that thing was impossible for some reason. Not great on that count.

Hit S to scroll down. Same thing got me. You have to us WASD to scroll in screens as well.

Also lmao capships own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I think it is more likely that he made a little 3d scene for fun than all that