Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
I'm so excited for this. Loved Hammerfight and I've been watching this one on twitter for a couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Always share your landing platform if your buddy needs some room

The glitchy graphic effects and the static don't make pretty screenshots. I like how it helpfully tells you how wide of a ship can fit down the tube.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

I managed to retain control of a ship after landing, during the menus. I flew it off the top of the screen and then pressed exit and it was like it had never happened! Good bug

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
I love the Gepard. It's not too slow and the main armament is point and click PD

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
When modifying a ship which isn't docked yet, don't hit "Put In Dock" if you've removed any important pieces of your ship, even if the work hasn't been started. You'll spawn to land without it. I did this with the maneuvering and one main thruster on the sev and it was impossible to land intact. In which case you'll end up reloading from whatever arbitrary point it saved at or restarting.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

I love the long distance missile strikes, the whole setup is cool.

A kill. Shame I can't loving see it because it's so tiny.

I like how the missiles come from either side to make the asymmetry more interesting

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Gaj posted:

Im having a constant, across campaign bug and its breaking my mind. Basically none of my ships can get completely repaired. Like it doesnt matter how minor the damage is, if I have spare parts in stock, if im in a ship repair town or rare mats town. Basically sometimes it says it cant repair the ship, like it wont let me, or when the repairs are done there is still damage shown on the ship in combat. And it always says the ship is damaged when landing.

So it looks like every block/part whatever, when affixed to your ship, has a durability. I found this correlates to the red indicator on the ship display. You can only repair so much and ultimately parts lose effectiveness. One of my lightnings is a couple kph slower because of this. You can restore durability by tearing it down and building it right back up. No time pressure! e: it was a fever dream

I have waited so long for this game it's giving me exactly what I was looking for. I love it.

incoherent light fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 31, 2021

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

This also seems to explain the display of a cost for removing and replacing an item with itself, from your inventory - you're resetting the durability and so you get charged.

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

I think that "durability" is just another way of saying HP. You don't need to do a teardown to repair it, you just have to right-click it. No, putting the repair slider all the way up doesn't do this, I don't know why.

More experimenting on the way!

e: thanks for the tip about right clicking!

incoherent light fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
I would love a post-combat screen, sort of like Carmageddon post-race, where you can inspect whatever main chunk is left of each enemy.