Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the dev is goony as gently caress and you can see in this video there are a lot of fiddly mechanics leading to a very intended playstyle which no streamer is even approaching. to be fair half of them can barely not pancake their ships on the pavement but it looks like the dev has a super groggy Vision in mind for gameplay, which could be a problem if enough gamers bounce off it hard enough

also this video is months old so when the dev starts off apologizing for missing release date he is not talking about the game's scheduled release on july 27

im also tickled at the anti-marketing at play here by having the dev explain his game with a thick radio static filter to ensure his explanation of his own game is garbled and hard to follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0X9_kWOV4

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i really appreciate the steely eyed russian pointing directly at the UI elements with his beefy hand. "look here you dipshit, you can't possibly miss this". its a nice touch

definitely this game looks like a steampunk action romp and in reality its a white knuckle logistics and squadron simulator

e: streamers also immediately squandering all their funds on fuel and bullets without even trying to chase down convoys is p good

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 27, 2021

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this game is frustrating. it has a lot of really neat ideas but the pieces don't quite fit together. it reminds me a bit of evil genius 2, except instead of being incredibly dragged out it is very fast and unforgiving of any lapse in concentration or skill

Play posted:

I found that but for some reason thought it was normal ammo and wasted shitloads of money on filling up on stuff for all my ships... lol. Does that mean standard weapon ammo is free or part of repairs?

high explosive is the default ammo. other rounds like flame, proximity, armor piercing are special and are bought from towns and have limited quantity. HE appears to be unlimited as far as i can tell

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
when you're setting up for battle, you can choose there. HE ammo shows up as an option if you have something else to choose, otherwise you default to HE

keep in mind you have to match the caliber too, don't go buying a bunch of 100mm AP rounds if you've got no 100mm guns