Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
I've played WHM, and as SGE, I just found my healing output was super low. Maybe I focused on direct healing too much instead of just dealing damage with Kardion, but definitely didn't feel as comfortable healing as SGE. Then again, I don't know much about shield healers, but every time there's a SGE healing in a roulette, I definitely expect to have to work around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i also can't emphasize enough that a lot of us are literally watching a video on a second monitor while doing dungeons and roulettes, not going over all your individual decisions in instant replay

just because you notice all your mistakes doesn't mean others do; they probably adjust their play style to something more casual unless they're speedrunning jerks who everyone can get around hating on

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
as far as arguing is concerned, you'll probably spend most of your time in ff14 trying to take the blame for yourselves, basically canadian pvp where you weave as many apologies into your rotation

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i haven't played the game in a million years, which means i didn't really deal with the deprecation of hq gatherables. am i just supposed to convert all my hq gatherables to nq to save up space?

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
does anyone have a definitive answer to whether retainer ilvl matters beyond meeting expedition requirements?

should i even equip my dol ones with accessories if they don’t have perception?

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i think i pretty much ditched the hw firmament crafting because it was so dumb. i still have a bunch of mats in my inventory from when i went gathering in the diadem for an unrelated thing, and i can't for the life of me get a good idea of what i can craft with the mats. it seems dumb to discard it - after selling the stuff i could sell - but it just remains such a dumb system

even teamcraft wasn't much help

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i pretty much skipped hw crafting and just did beast tribe quests and daily gc turn-in quests

honestly surprised it's not better tuned at this point since it's a big stop gap

kliras fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 1, 2022

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
when it comes to dungeon lb, whatever efficiency you worry about has to be measured against the most likely outcome of no one using an lb, so don't worry about it too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
basically gridania is run by a bunch of dormroom kids who don't handle their grass very well so it ends up getting tainted, rinse and repeat